OG Larry Warford?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
If the Rams don't get Chance Warmack or Jonathan Cooper in the 1st Round in the upcoming Draft would you pick Larry Warford (Kentucky) with their 2nd around pick?( Supposedly, he is a stud OG who is rising quickly on a a lot of Draft boards. In fact, some boards have him going in the 1st Round.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
paceram said:
If the Rams don't get Chance Warmack or Jonathan Cooper in the 1st Round in the upcoming Draft would you pick Larry Warford (Kentucky) with their 2nd around pick?( Supposedly, he is a stud OG who is rising quickly on a a lot of Draft boards. In fact, some boards have him going in the 1st Round.
I like him, he destroys some people. A top 5 guard, maybe a top 3 guard in this draft, depending on if a tackle is picked to kick inside. Another guy that I like is Earl Watford, who I think is a 3rd to 4th rounder at worst.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Be a great value in the 2nd.
Starts game 1.
Fills a want this year and next year, it softens the loss of Dahl and Saffold.
If they're sure he would be on the board in the 2nd they could go for skill players on the 1st.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Sounds like he could creep into Rd 1... So I doubt he's there at #46 sadly! I like him. We might target him w/ a trade down from 22 pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
My thoughts?

Much better in the run game than passing game....
Much better @ the Offensive Right OG than OLG...

Could Warford be what we need starting next to Jake Long?

Its my opinion that Warford would not be a real good pick @ #22 in the first round. Its very questionable that Warford will be on the board with the #46 pick in the 2nd rd. If Warford was still on the board @ #46 ...IMO prospect OL'ers like Kyle Long or Dallas Thomas would be a better player @ OLG post. However Warford has more value @ #46.

If OLG Chance Warmack is not there @ #16 it would be better to set your aim on a future starting ORT who can also be a swing OT in 2014. If a OLG were to come to the Rams @#46 or #78 or #113 then consider it but once gain the OT is a more important need.

F. Mulder

Starter
If Warford was someone they were looking at in the 2nd and was gone would Winters be someone in play in the 3rd? How about Fredrick from Wisonsin in that area?

nighttrain

Legend
PressureD41 said:
Sounds like he could creep into Rd 1... So I doubt he's there at #46 sadly! I like him. We might target him w/ a trade down from 22 pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really like him at #46 if he's still on the board
train

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
paceram said:
If the Rams don't get Chance Warmack or Jonathan Cooper in the 1st Round in the upcoming Draft would you pick Larry Warford (Kentucky) with their 2nd around pick?.

To be blunt. YES! Instant starter as well!

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I think Warford last till 46. OG is just not a premium position. Many have him pegged as the 4th best OG. IMO no way 4 guards go in the top 45.

The guy right behind him, Brian Waters, is a solid prospect as well. Played LT in college, but because of his lack of foot speed and flexibility, many think he'll move inside. He is a big man at 6-4 320 and carries the weight well. He has also received praise for his durability and toughness(49 straight starts, even through a shoulder injury)