OG Davin Joseph visiting Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well I'm not going to debate the merits of those players you mentioned because we obviously aren't ever going to agree on them. I think they're all dregs who aren't even as good as what we had.

So moving on we get to your statement that I quoted above. Let's say that you're right about what you say there. What sense does it make to make any offer for a player who isn't a scheme fit. I see zero sense in that. I id agree with you that he was better in zone coverage but that a far cry from saying he sucks at man. An opinion that apperntyl is seconded by Snisher and thus their attempt to sign him.

What attempt to sign him? Aside from twitter rumors, there are no indications that the Rams made any attempt to sign him. He signed for $3 million less per year than what the other CBs were bringing in so I'd say that his market wasn't too strong.

As far as those players go:
John Jerry? Daryn Colledge? Willie Colon? Harvey Dahl? Richie Incognito? Charlie Johnson? Uche Nwaneri? Garrett Reynolds? Kevin Boothe?

Removing the guys I conceded to you.
Chris Williams - PFF Ranking = 74th out of 81
John Jerry - 32 starts over the past 2 years, PFF Ranking = 43rd out of 81
Daryn Colledge - Started 124 of the past 128 games, PFF Ranking = 39th out of 81
Willie Colon - Started 27 games over the past 2 years, PFF Ranking = 36th out of 81
Richie Incognito - Started 47 games over the 3 years prior to this one, PFF Ranking = 24th out of 81
Charlie Johnson - Started 58 games over the past 4 years, PFF Ranking = 48th out of 81
Uche Nwaneri - Started 59 games over the past 4 years, PFF Ranking = 34th out of 81
Garrett Reynolds - Started 23 games over the past 3 years, PFF Ranking = 31st out of 81
Kevin Boothe - Started 32 games over the past 2 years, PFF Ranking = 46th out of 81

While I am not a huge fan of PFF's rankings, you didn't seem to give my opinion any credence when I told you that these guys are quality DEPTH. These guys are starters at OG and most of them are middle of the pack starters at that...so I fail to see how they are not quality DEPTH. They all ranked SIGNIFICANTLY higher than Chris Williams.

BTW, I said you hadn't analyzed the situation because I felt that was more polite than saying your analysis was crap. :LOL: I mean no offense by that jrry but I always try and be polite to my fellow posters. You seem to be a little upset over that. :( Perhaps in the future I'll be a little more direct but I meant no disrespect. Especially over something stupid like a difference of opinion.

Have at it, man. I'm not going to like being told that I am full of shit either ways. So might as well be blunt about it. ;)

But I won't take it personally.

Alan

Legend
Good. I would never actually say they were crap, that was just for effect. ;)

As for your list of players, you failed to give many of the important stats like age for example. In addition, as you yourself said, PFF ratings tell only part of the story when it comes to committing to a mid/long term FA contract. Does it give you any pause to know that your view is not one that is commonly held by any of the "experts"? I myself have some views that are not very widely held by my fellow RODites and that always cause me to do a rethink my position. It doesn't always cause me to change my mind but it never hurts to give a viewpoint a little further scrutiny. Like I said though, we're going to disagree about that.

No, "Have at it" is not something i want to do. It might start out OK but eventually it erodes friendships and friendships are much more important than any viewpoint. :cheers:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good. I would never actually say they were crap, that was just for effect. ;)

As for your list of players, you failed to give many of the important stats like age for example. In addition, as you yourself said, PFF ratings tell only part of the story when it comes to committing to a mid/long term FA contract. Does it give you any pause to know that your view is not one that is commonly held by any of the "experts"? I myself have some some that are not very widely held by my fellow RODites and that always cause me to do a rethink my position. It doesn't always cause me to change my mind but it never hurts to give a viewpoint a little further scrutiny. Like I said though, we're going to disagree about that.

No, "Have at it" is not something i want to do. It might start out OK but eventually it erodes friendships and friendships are much more important than any viewpoint. :cheers:

I wouldn't be committing mid or long term to any of those guys. One or two year contracts for $1-$2 million a year at most. They're DEPTH players.

Nah, it doesn't bother me at all. I don't listen to the media "experts". I'll take an unpopular viewpoint because I have a lot of confidence in my eyes and my gut.

But I hear ya.

And it doesn't bother me but I could see how it might erode friendships in other cases. So do what you're most comfortable doing. (y)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Low risk, high reward. Worth a flyer, I suppose. Hell it's not like we've spent any money.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Some additional information on the 6-3 313 30 yr old ORG Davin Joseph. Former first round selection by the Bucs in 2006.

Sept 10,2006- Torn left knee ligament. out for 4 games.
Aug 19, 2008- Surgery to repair his broken foot missed 2 months.
May 17, 2010-Surgery to left knee.
Nov 29, 2010- placed on IR injury to same fractured foot, ending his season.
Aug 24, 2012-left knee injury is a broken kneecap,torn left patellar tendon, ending his season.

March 8,2014- has been a shell of his former self since returning from a 2012 patellar tendon tear. He struggled mightily in his 2013 return from a torn patellar tendon.
Joeseph missed 4 games in 2006 with a left knee injury , 4 games in 2008 broken foot, 5 games in 2010 same newly broken foot & missed the entire 2012 season with a left knee injury.

Joeseph has not been a force in the run game since 2011.

Alan

Legend
jrry32 with this:
I wouldn't be committing mid or long term to any of those guys. One or two year contracts for $1-$2 million a year at most.
I just thought I'd make a last comment about this subject. At least in this thread. :LOL:

It's one thing for you to want to sign them for only "one or two year contracts for $1-$2 million a year at most" and a completely different thing for any of them to sign for that. I've a feeling that the only ones who would go for a deal like that would be over the hill players looking at their last chance to play/get some money. Those would not be good players because if they were, with how badly many teams need to upgrade their O-lines (think Az for example), they'd get a better offer.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Some additional information on the 6-3 313 30 yr old ORG Davin Joseph. Former first round selection by the Bucs in 2006.

Sept 10,2006- Torn left knee ligament. out for 4 games.
Aug 19, 2008- Surgery to repair his broken foot missed 2 months.
May 17, 2010-Surgery to left knee.
Nov 29, 2010- placed on IR injury to same fractured foot, ending his season.
Aug 24, 2012-left knee injury is a broken kneecap,torn left patellar tendon, ending his season.

March 8,2014- has been a shell of his former self since returning from a 2012 patellar tendon tear. He struggled mightily in his 2013 return from a torn patellar tendon.
Joeseph missed 4 games in 2006 with a left knee injury , 4 games in 2008 broken foot, 5 games in 2010 same newly broken foot & missed the entire 2012 season with a left knee injury.

Joeseph has not been a force in the run game since 2011.

So what your telling me is he is a non-injury risk player. Got it!!! $8 Mil a year to low?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just thought I'd make a last comment about this subject. At least in this thread. :LOL:

It's one thing for you to want to sign them for only "one or two year contracts for $1-$2 million a year at most" and a completely different thing for any of them to sign for that. I've a feeling that the only ones who would go for a deal like that would be over the hill players looking at their last chance to play/get some money. Those would not be good players because if they were, with how badly many teams need to upgrade their O-lines (think Az for example), they'd get a better offer.

Couldn't have hurt to try...but Saffold re-signing makes things a bit easier. ;)