OG Davin Joseph visiting Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This would be great. He is pretty solid

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Well......

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24473021/report-buccaneers-cut-guard-davin-joseph

Joseph, the team's first-round pick in 2006, signed a seven-year, $52.5 million contract before the 2011 season, and he embarked on a Pro Bowl season that year (the second Pro Bowl honor of his career). But he missed all of 2012 with a knee injury, and after returning in 2013, he was rated by Pro Football Focus' measurements as the second-worst guard in the league.

Joseph was owed a $6 million salary to go with a $6 million cap hit, but the good news for Tampa Bay is that he doesn't leave behind any dead money. So, the Buccaneers save $6 million on the salary cap with his release.

As for where the 30-year-old Joseph could wind up next, PFF makes a convincing case that perhaps nobody should go after him.

Well......

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24473021/report-buccaneers-cut-guard-davin-joseph

Joseph, the team's first-round pick in 2006, signed a seven-year, $52.5 million contract before the 2011 season, and he embarked on a Pro Bowl season that year (the second Pro Bowl honor of his career). But he missed all of 2012 with a knee injury, and after returning in 2013, he was rated by Pro Football Focus' measurements as the second-worst guard in the league.

Joseph was owed a $6 million salary to go with a $6 million cap hit, but the good news for Tampa Bay is that he doesn't leave behind any dead money. So, the Buccaneers save $6 million on the salary cap with his release.

As for where the 30-year-old Joseph could wind up next, PFF makes a convincing case that perhaps nobody should go after him.

Sounds good :party:

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Depth, right?????

I hope so.

Although Fisher and Snead may be hoping that Boudreau can wave his magic wand and turn Joseph into a middle of the pack starting guard for a year or two.

Either way, it's a bit underwhelming.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Dang... this guy sucks and he's injury prone.

Where do I sign on? Let's do this!

(WTF are we doing?)

laramsoriginal

Starter
Just like I posted in a thread yesterday, rams willing to gamble with injured older vets. Rams FO must have a method to their madness...right???????

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'd really "kick the tires" on this one, "pending a physical"

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
HaHa wow Seems like the Rams and Schartz would of been a nice pick up for 4 mill a year ;)

RamsFan14

Starter
I'm surprised by some of the reactions on here. He WAS a pro-bowl caliber guard before his knee injury. If the Rams think he can continue to comeback mentally and physically from his injury, he might be a lot better then people think. I don't disagree with Tampa's decision to ditch him if he struggled cause of the money due, but if his struggle was due to coming back from injury, then why not kick the tires and see what we got in him now that he's had time to recover even more? He'll probably be really cheap, I def like the idea of bringing him in to see where he's at.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Just like I posted in a thread yesterday, rams willing to gamble with injured older vets. Rams FO must have a method to their madness...right???????
He's only 30. If that's old I'm ancient. But if he's healthy he was a pro bowl player. I mean we have no idea if guys like Jones or Barnes will be any better yet.
We need depth if nothing else with all the guys that are now gone.

Alan

Legend
I hope it's to visit the Arch. Too early for the zoo although it's one of the best in the country. I wish we still had Marlin Perkins in charge. Or Jim Fowler.