Offseason Extra: Takes on the NFCW (Fantasy)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
Jamey Eisenberg | Senior Fantasy Writer
<a class="postlink" href="http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/story/22452910/offseason-extra-takes-on-all-32-teams" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantas ... l-32-teams</a>

Arizona: Larry Fitzgerald is thrilled to have Carson Palmer throwing him passes, but he should be downright giddy to have Bruce Arians as his coach. The latter rejuvenated Reggie Wayne as the offensive coordinator in Indianapolis last season, and Arians will help Fitzgerald return as a Top 10 Fantasy receiver this year. He's worth a third-round pick. ... Arians favors one running back -- not a committee -- but he may not have a choice given his stable of backs with Rashard Mendenhall, Ryan Williams, Andre Ellington and Stepfan Taylor. Mendenhall has the most upside as a one-year rental, and he's worth drafting in Round 6 as a No. 3 option. ... Sticking with the Colts' comparison, consider Michael Floyd this year's Hilton. He's a definite late-round flier in all leagues.

St. Louis: And the starting running back for the Rams this season will be? We'd love to give you an answer now, but it's anyone's guess heading into training camp. We know it won't be Pead in Week 1 since he's suspended, but Pead, Zac Stacy and Daryl Richardson are all in the mix for touches throughout the year. My ranking is Stacy, Richardson and Pead, but I'd avoid this backfield if you can. ... I continue to move Tavon Austin up my rank list, and I gamble on him in almost every draft. If he can stay healthy he should put up eye-popping stats in what should be a fun offense to watch. ... If you like waiting on tight ends then Jared Cook is your guy. He's a breakout tight end this year.

San Francisco: The Michael Crabtree (Achilles) injury was tough because he was set up for a big season thanks to Colin Kaepernick. Now, Crabtree is out until at least November, but hopefully he can help Fantasy owners when he returns. Look for owners to make a mad dash to the waiver wire once he starts practicing again. ... Vernon Davis benefits the most with Crabtree out. A bust last year, Davis has the chance to return as a Top 10 tight end. We'd draft him in Round 7. ... Kaepernick loses with the Crabtree injury, but he'll still help Fantasy owners with his running ability. He's just outside my Top 10 quarterbacks, and he'll fall to No. 12 if Griffin shows up to training camp on time. I'd be OK if Kaepernick was the quarterback I'd have to settle for, but I'm not reaching for him in any leagues.

Seattle: Percy Harvin's role with the Seahawks is slated to be in the backfield, as a slot receiver, as an outside receiver and on kick returns. He might even be the water boy. The Seahawks want to put the ball in Harvin's hands -- in a system he's familiar with after being reunited with former Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell -- and he remains a Top 10 Fantasy receiver. ... Once Russell Wilson got going last year he didn't slow down with at least 20 Fantasy points in seven of his final eight games. He could definitely pick up where he left off, especially with Harvin now in the mix, and he is a Top 10 quarterback coming into the season. I'd still take a quality backup just in case he struggles, but he's a great quarterback to wait on in Round 7. ... We're still waiting to find out if Marshawn Lynch will face any suspension from last year's DUI, and hopefully we'll get an answer in July. Fantasy owners will have to remain patient and hope he doesn't miss any time. If he's scheduled to play 16 games then he's the No. 3 running back in standard leagues and No. 9 in PPR formats. If he does get suspended then his value obviously drops, but he's still a first-round pick in most standard formats.