officials responsible for Quinn's injury

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you look and see how he is always held around the neck while he is bending the corner that's the source of his hip and back injury if the officials would call the hold more he wouldn't be injured right now.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If you look and see how he is always held around the neck while he is bending the corner that's the source of his hip and back injury if the officials would call the hold more he wouldn't be injured right now.

I agree %100. I have no idea how that isn't holding. But they never ever call it......at least not in Quinn's case. It is shameful. They are ruining what could have been a hall of fame career if they didn't allow OLTs to hold him like that.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
It's a uniform association thing for the refs. It's ridiculous how he went from unblockable to neutralized.
I don't even like to watch replays of Quinn rushing the passer because he gets collared on every other play with no call.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

That's got to be the best explanation I've heard. Yeah, if they actually called the holding on him, he'd be much more dangerous. Nobody aside from Tyron Smith can legitimately block him otherwise.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
At this point, I've put alot of the blame on fisher. If I was the coach, I'd be all over the league office and the refs, I mean constantly and every week calling the office and sending video and taking fines for publicly calling out the refs and league until things changed.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I think this is a bit of a stretch. It is definitely bogus how the refs never call the holding on Quinn. But whether they throw the flag or not, Quinn is still going to be held on every play just by virtue of being the talented player he is. So I don't think the injury situation would be different. Quinn is a beast. He is going to beat his man. And when lineman gets beat in this league they are going to grab on any way they can, penalty or not, rather than let their QB get blown up and/or risk a fumble-scoop-and-score-TD against them. Just look at G-Rob.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think this is a bit of a stretch. It is definitely bogus how the refs never call the holding on Quinn. But whether they throw the flag or not, Quinn is still going to be held on every play just by virtue of being the talented player he is. So I don't think the injury situation would be different. Quinn is a beast. He is going to beat his man. And when lineman gets beat in this league they are going to grab on any way they can, penalty or not, rather than let their QB get blown up and/or risk a fumble-scoop-and-score-TD against them. Just look at G-Rob.
It's not just about the holds its about the way the holds occur. They are always around his neck GRob when he holds he throws them to the ground but when Quinn entire upward half is bent backwards on every play that definitely contributes to the injury. I wish I could show a still of how he is held to illustrate the point.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Great point. I think it is a symptom of the league wanting to protect the QBs for their owners. Thus DEs are more expendable in their eyes. Pass rushers are easier to find than QBs. Quinn has a skill set that OLTs are having a hard time coping with quick enough so the word must be out that the "choke block" is allowed against Quinn. Damn shame flip side of this is GR would get called for it every time if he deploys the move.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I could block Robert Quinn with the crap that's being allowed. I'd just hold on for dear life and it'd be all good.

The guy gets groped on every play.

jjab360

Legend
That's... a massive stretch tbh.

If it was a neck injury maybe you'd have a case, but this deduction is a little ridiculous.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I agree %100. I have no idea how that isn't holding. But they never ever call it......at least not in Quinn's case. It is shameful. They are ruining what could have been a hall of fame career if they didn't allow OLTs to hold him like that.
Well, GRob would be called for it every time, which is why I hate stats. They really don't mean much.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Would we agree that what we see being done effectively against Rob is where the OLT grasps just below the center neck area of Rob's jersey & powers pushes him back from this center area hold as Rob pushes in. The grasps of the two extended arms of the OLT are clamped in his jersey (Holding), OLT hands usually tight together & not towards the outside where GRob usually places his hands. Thus Rob is bent backwards in a leftward lean resembling the Limbo maneuver.

If GRob would just study the film of the OLT's going up against Rob he would learn where to place his big strong hands push from there.

Last edited:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's... a massive stretch tbh.

If it was a neck injury maybe you'd have a case, but this deduction is a little ridiculous.
How he has a lower back and hip injury when he bends the corner on the offensive line they grab his neck area which torts his body to where his upper body is behind his lower body maybe you never had a back injury but speaking as a guy who has a fractured spine that type of strain on your back is very significant

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
At this point, I've put alot of the blame on fisher. If I was the coach, I'd be all over the league office and the refs, I mean constantly and every week calling the office and sending video and taking fines for publicly calling out the refs and league until things changed.
I here you, and maybe Fisher has, saying so publically might not be Politically Correct!
But!! At this point Fuck being Politically Correct!! Go full-blown public about it! Weather he has or Hasn't. Our Best DE Has been injured because of it!!

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Whether that's the problem or not--there's no doubt that he gets mugged on his way to the quarterback. It's almost like the officials are concerned they'd have to call holding every down and they just won't do that so they just look the other way. They just can't be missing it as much as they do.

MountainRam

Rookie
242673.gif

fearsomefour

Legend
I think he doesn't get that call (I have seen a couple of other speed rushers get similar non calls) because he is "dipping" under the blockers arm. So, if the T gets his hands placed inside initially and the rusher dips to get around him and the T does not move his hand (leading to the arm going up around the chest/neck) it isn't being called. Thats not really how the rule is written and its not a justification by me, but, I think that is what is going on.