Official Training Camp Thread - Day Two!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Slappy967

Starter
Glad to hear COACHO will be dropping his wisdom from training camp on us again this year. F the miscreants who tried to chase him and Hammer off. Someone needs to send Hammer a case of beer and strippers as a peace offering.

Hearing intriguing things on Foles, Brown, Havenstein, Quick, Gurley and loving the brawl to determine who deserves to start in the back 7 on defense. If there play steps up like I'm hoping this may be one of the best defenses the league has seen in awhile.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yea buddy! I am gonna try and make it tomorrow. The first one is on me.

That would be awesome! Tomorrow I'm thinking we move around and get better vantage points for some pics and a fast succession of NON-VIDEO pics for gifs. (screw you @Dodgersrf )

OR you can just guard my cheerleaders calendar and chill in the grass!

You need a chair.

ram007

Starter
This is what I surmised from 2 days of camp reports so far:

Positives:
Jamon Brown
Rob Havenstein
Sean Manion
Aaron Donald

Negatives
Quick (feel for Quick. hopefully he can get back to his top form he showed this year)
Center position
Tavon Austin - a bonafide punt returner

Center does sound like this years Achilles heel.

Still early days so fingers crossed.

…..

Legend
Great stuff everyone.

@RamzFanz ....awesome that your daughter got Gurley after insisting. That will be a memory for her for lifetime.

…..

Legend
It appears as if the defense is coming, bringing bodies.

I thought I saw alot of blitzing. Every play seemed to be great defensive push, but to be fair, at the start of camp I'm surprised about the constant blitzing.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I keep on hearing glowing reports of Sean Mannion, is it that he looks good for a back up or does he look good full stop? Who's he throwing to? Is Foles clearly superior, is it close or could we be seeing a situation similar to what the Seahawks had with Wilson and Matt Flynn?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I keep on hearing glowing reports of Sean Mannion, is it that he looks good for a back up or does he look good full stop? Who's he throwing to? Is Foles clearly superior, is it close or could we be seeing a situation similar to what the Seahawks had with Wilson and Matt Flynn?

For real, that wouldn't bother me at all...

I REALLY like Mannion and thought his issues were very much correctable. He's got very solid skills. It won't surprise me in the least if he wins the #2 job outright.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
This was my first training camp. I loved it. Everyone I talked to said the same thing, Gurly is taller than I thought.

My man crush is on Rodriguez. Dude catches everything and goes 100%. He is leaving it all on the table.

Man Chris Givens is fast. Everyone still scratching their head on why he disappears in games.

I talked to as many of the guys working as I could to get their feel of the mindset of the team so far. The consensus is focused and ready to change peoples perception. One of the guys said all the talk and focus is game 1 Seattle. He said the players are chomping at the bits for the Seahawks. He said alot of talk around the team about not starting slow and setting the tone for the season against Seattle. I loved hearing how bad they are wanting to play Seattle in just day 2 of camp.

Alot of fans talking about Mannion and how big he is. He passes the eye test physically.

Watching Hecker punt, wow. You can hear him booming the ball and damn he is big. When he was standing by Ogletree it just gives you the realazation of his size.

Quick made some beautiful catches. It is amazing how far he has come from his surgery.

I get that everyone is on Tavon because of his draft status but man Bailey to me just out shines him. Why Bailey doesn't get more looks is beyond me. He runs good routes and just knows how to catch the ball.
Watching Tavon return punts I was shaking my head. It's like he cant grasp North and South he is always high stepping and what I like to call jitter bugging. With his speed I wish he would get in behind his blockers and just go, instead of jitter bugging east and west. I was more impressed with Rodriguez returning punts. My love for Tavon is fading.

I never got to see Bradford in camp. A couple guys I talked to were telling me its night and day between Bradford and Foles on the practice field. They were telling me how Bradford just wowed you on the practice field with his arm vs Foles but there is a very definite positive
feel or energy with Foles and the team vs Bradford. Several comments on how Foles just seems to be more of a leader and taking charge on the field.

I spent alot of time watching the O-line. Im just not as worried as I was before about having so many rookies starting. In my opinion its going to be a very good thing. They really seem to be bonding and really pushing each other. Sure there is going to be mistakes but just seeing these guys fresh and not coming in with injuries and different philosophies from other NFL line coaches is going to be a positive. Boo is forming these guys the way he wants them so there isnt the baggage of learning his way. This O-line is going to be badass in a couple seasons of growing together. Guys we have some size on this line now and they want to be great. I came away feeling very positive with the direction Fish is going with the O-line.

I'm still not sure about our secondary. Jenks is fun to watch but the whole time your waiting for him to get burned. Several guys even made jokes about it. He is definitely high risk, high reward. Mcleod seems to be coming along and im still not sure about Joyner. Dude is small. I seen our WR's make some beautiful catches on the secondary.

The D-line is a thing of beauty. We really got the steal of the draft with Donald. Love watching him work. The man is all motor. One of the guys I was talking to made the comment that his neighbor is a huge Lions fan and that he was told by his neighbor that Suh said that talent wise Fairley is better, that he just has to get his head straight.

Sorry I dont have the analytics of the other guys posting. Like I said this was my first camp so I was pretty overwhelmed. The team seems leaner and faster to me than last year. The vibe is definitely that this team is going to be special this year and we are going to be in the thick of it in the NFC West. Once this O-line comes together look out because our Rams are ready to put the SOSAR shit in the grave and make a statement to the NFL.

I think im going to stick around for tonight's practice. I drove two and a half hours down to watch the team and ended up getting a hotel room ( gotta support the bonds with the hotel tax ;-) ) whover is going tonight hit me up with a pm and ohone number. I would love to link up and have some input from you guys who have experience watching to pick your brain and see things from a different angle.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
This was my first training camp. I loved it. Everyone I talked to said the same thing, Gurly is taller than I thought.

My man crush is on Rodriguez. Dude catches everything and goes 100%. He is leaving it all on the table.

Man Chris Givens is fast. Everyone still scratching their head on why he disappears in games.

I talked to as many of the guys working as I could to get their feel of the mindset of the team so far. The consensus is focused and ready to change peoples perception. One of the guys said all the talk and focus is game 1 Seattle. He said the players are chomping at the bits for the Seahawks. He said alot of talk around the team about not starting slow and setting the tone for the season against Seattle. I loved hearing how bad they are wanting to play Seattle in just day 2 of camp.

Alot of fans talking about Mannion and how big he is. He passes the eye test physically.

Watching Hecker punt, wow. You can hear him booming the ball and damn he is big. When he was standing by Ogletree it just gives you the realazation of his size.

Quick made some beautiful catches. It is amazing how far he has come from his surgery.

I get that everyone is on Tavon because of his draft status but man Bailey to me just out shines him. Why Bailey doesn't get more looks is beyond me. He runs good routes and just knows how to catch the ball.
Watching Tavon return punts I was shaking my head. It's like he cant grasp North and South he is always high stepping and what I like to call jitter bugging. With his speed I wish he would get in behind his blockers and just go, instead of jitter bugging east and west. I was more impressed with Rodriguez returning punts. My love for Tavon is fading.

I never got to see Bradford in camp. A couple guys I talked to were telling me its night and day between Bradford and Foles on the practice field. They were telling me how Bradford just wowed you on the practice field with his arm vs Foles but there is a very definite positive
feel or energy with Foles and the team vs Bradford. Several comments on how Foles just seems to be more of a leader and taking charge on the field.

I spent alot of time watching the O-line. Im just not as worried as I was before about having so many rookies starting. In my opinion its going to be a very good thing. They really seem to be bonding and really pushing each other. Sure there is going to be mistakes but just seeing these guys fresh and not coming in with injuries and different philosophies from other NFL line coaches is going to be a positive. Boo is forming these guys the way he wants them so there isnt the baggage of learning his way. This O-line is going to be badass in a couple seasons of growing together. Guys we have some size on this line now and they want to be great. I came away feeling very positive with the direction Fish is going with the O-line.

I'm still not sure about our secondary. Jenks is fun to watch but the whole time your waiting for him to get burned. Several guys even made jokes about it. He is definitely high risk, high reward. Mcleod seems to be coming along and im still not sure about Joyner. Dude is small. I seen our WR's make some beautiful catches on the secondary.

The D-line is a thing of beauty. We really got the steal of the draft with Donald. Love watching him work. The man is all motor. One of the guys I was talking to made the comment that his neighbor is a huge Lions fan and that he was told by his neighbor that Suh said that talent wise Fairley is better, that he just has to get his head straight.

Sorry I dont have the analytics of the other guys posting. Like I said this was my first camp so I was pretty overwhelmed. The team seems leaner and faster to me than last year. The vibe is definitely that this team is going to be special this year and we are going to be in the thick of it in the NFC West. Once this O-line comes together look out because our Rams are ready to put the SOSAR crap in the grave and make a statement to the NFL.

I think im going to stick around for tonight's practice. I drove two and a half hours down to watch the team and ended up getting a hotel room ( gotta support the bonds with the hotel tax ;-) ) whover is going tonight hit me up with a pm and ohone number. I would love to link up and have some input from you guys who have experience watching to pick your brain and see things from a different angle.

Great report, it's good to see new guys stepping up to the plate.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is what I surmised from 2 days of camp reports so far:

Positives:
Jamon Brown
Rob Havenstein
Sean Manion
Aaron Donald

Negatives
Quick (feel for Quick. hopefully he can get back to his top form he showed this year)
Center position
Tavon Austin - a bonafide punt returner

Center does sound like this years Achilles heel.

Still early days so fingers crossed.
You are entitled to your opinion, but I don't know how you can consider the progress of Quick from almost being retired from injury to where he is now? It sounds that he is running nice routes and is in great shape..just not ready for full contact. Are you just thinking he's a disappointment because he's not 100% right now?

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
say what? i've heard nothing but good things about quick.

Yeah Quick looked good to me. He isnt close to midseason form yet, but damn he is coming off a major injury and looks damn good.

He was close to the sideline doing warm ups and I yelled at him that I could feel it, this is his season. He turned to me smiled gave a thumbs up and said damn straight it is. Gotta love the man.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Positive? What part of this was positive?

>>both coacho and myself were disappointed with Foles athleticism and speed in going though his progessions....not awful but was hoping for more<<

But there were other people saying he was accurate on throws and made a few nice deep throws, etc....

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I hope he makes the team. He sounds like Danny Amendola in a way. Danny was my favorite Ram next to SJ, then they both went bye bye. I loved the gritty players. That was hard to swallow.

Man Chris Givens is fast. Everyone still scratching their head on why he disappears in games

I keep thinking he sticks around just because he can stretch the field.

Agreed completely.

he was told by his neighbor that Suh said that talent wise Fairley is better, that he just has to get his head straight.

This is where Greg Williams comes in. That guy will embarrass any player in the room if he does not know his stuff. Williams either forces Fairley to step up or Fairley is a complete dud that will earn Williams ire. I doubt he wants to be that guy.

Good write up, thanks.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They aren't videos, that's not allowed. They are just a succession of pictures combined into a GIF. (y)

I wish you could slow them down a little. They are so fast it is hard to see everything. My wife has a Sony camera that takes 11 shots per second. That thing is sweet.