Official Superbowl Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
images

For those who want to discuss or comment on the Superbowl.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Re: Official Superbpwl Thread

Honestly, even though I wouldn't prefer it, the Patriots winning the thing wouldn't bother me so much. They have some players you just can't hate (Welker, Gronk, Spikes, McCourty, Light, Koppen, Branch). Better them than a Harbaugh winning it (either one). Besides, I had a nightmare the 49ers were in the SB and I was throwin shit at my tv.

Oh and one rant: Why the hell do ppl care so much about the damn halftime show?? The football game is the most important thing, not w/e grandma is performing. Oh and the commercials. I like them, some of them are really clever, I just don't get ppl who watch the Super Bowl just for the commercials.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall

Apparently Danny Amendola is a guest on the BBC's coverage over here. Gives me a little extra reason to watch.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame

Angry Ram said:
Honestly, even though I wouldn't prefer it, the Patriots winning the thing wouldn't bother me so much. They have some players you just can't hate (Welker, Gronk, Spikes, McCourty, Light, Koppen, Branch). Better them than a Harbaugh winning it (either one). Besides, I had a nightmare the 49ers were in the SB and I was throwin shit at my tv.

Oh and one rant: Why the hell do ppl care so much about the damn halftime show?? The football game is the most important thing, not w/e grandma is performing. Oh and the commercials. I like them, some of them are really clever, I just don't get ppl who watch the Super Bowl just for the commercials.

Yeah after the championship games I was pretty much indifferent as to who I wanted to win. I was leaning towards rooting for the Giants until this last week. The Giant website putting up the victory page, the Giants players assuming theyll win, and the # of people betting on the Gmen shifted my alliance.

I feel dirty rooting for Belichick and Brady, but I am. Like you AR, there are certain players I like on the Pats.

About the Half-Time Show.... Im not looking forward to it.

Madonna, seriously? Her music has always sucked and she 53 years old. Come on. They could get any artist in the world to play the show, and they keep coming up with shitty acts.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame

Another thing. IDK about you guys, but I feel bad for Underwood, the guy for the Pats that was cut yesterday.

He has contributed this year and was ahead of Ocho on the depth chart for a lot of the year. Im sure going into these few weeks of preparation he thought he would be active. To go from thinking you are going to play in the SB to not even being on the team would be heartbreaking.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

libertadrocks said:
Another thing. IDK about you guys, but I feel bad for Underwood, the guy for the Pats that was cut yesterday.

He has contributed this year and was ahead of Ocho on the depth chart for a lot of the year. Im sure going into these few weeks of preparation he thought he would be active. To go from thinking you are going to play in the SB to not even being on the team would be heartbreaking.
That's brutal.

steferfootball

Starter

ScotsRam said:
Apparently Danny Amendola is a guest on the BBC's coverage over here. Gives me a little extra rea.son to watch.
Cool. he is my favorite current player.

Also, go Giants!

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Halftime show, shmalftime show.

Forget that mini-concert crap. You want to get some ratings, put some comedian (insert your favorite) doing a rip on NFL zebras. I'd pay money to see that.

superfan24

Starter
I'm gonna lose my mind if the cheaters win.
Halftime show is way overrated. Seriously Madonna???? It should be a regular timed halftime not 15 extra min.
GO GIANTS

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Please, let the Giants win. I just cannot face looking at everyone tomorrow at work if they lose. Note: I live in New England, about 30-40 min away from Gillette Stadium. I told a coworker that I hope Tom Brady gets Chlamydia. They all hate me now.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The patsies can't lose by enough points for me and Barbie Doll Brady can't hit the turf enough either. Pretty simple.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Alright, time for Brady to get hit in the mouth...hard

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Patriots reign officially over. No longer getting big break calls from officials. Giants will win by at least 9pts.

P.S. First time ever that I didn't watch any of the pregrams shows. Turned-on just as Giants ran their first play from LOS. Did I miss anything worth mentioning?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
@ClaytonESPN
TE Travis Beckum suffers a torn ACL. He's out until next Oct. at earliest.

bluecoconuts

Legend
interference said:
Patriots reign officially over. No longer getting big break calls from officials. Giants will win by at least 9pts.

P.S. First time ever that I didn't watch any of the pregrams shows. Turned-on just as Giants ran their first play from LOS. Did I miss anything worth mentioning?

Nope, it was a lot of nothing, I had it on, hardly payed much attention.

Not really paying much attention to this game either since I don't really like either team.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I have to say Madonna looks pretty good for 53 but she moves like she's pushing 60!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Hey, Betty White can still bring the house down! :lmao:

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Seems like there is a lot of hate being thrown out there. It's just a game, after all.
I'm just enjoying the game and working on major inebriation.

GO RAMS!!!!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Well, well, well.

The Giants had the mojo.

They knocked Tom Brady on his arse...again.

Which I again enjoyed seeing.

Which wouldn't have ever happened if they didn't beat the 49ers.

Ahhh.

I can now sleep in peace.