Official Steelers@Rams Anti-Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Teams are paying enough attention to Tavon that it looks like it's opening things up for Britt. Why it shouldn't open things up for Cook, well that's a mystery!

PS. I need to rewatch some of the games but I'm wondering if another reason why Quick isn't up right now is that so much revolves around two TE sets and Tavon and Britt at WR. There's not a lot of room for Quick right now, especially with them keeping Tavon on the outside.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I drank 3 16 0z Bud Lights during the game.

Oh yeah, Donald is an animal.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Britt and Tavon played well, but our two best receivers (Quick & Sted) are MIA. I don't get it. Somebody please explain..

My positive: for a brief moment I saw the Rams future offense. Gurley ran twice; the safeties moved up and Tavon made two positive plays. With Gurley playing regularly (and hopefully Quick too) we will get better on offense

Quick Sted AND TA are MIA. TA may be playing with fire, but he is still is underused by half at least. No carries for our best producing runner is mindless to me. Just as you keep throwing or running until the other team stops you, you keep giving your best players the ball until they are stopped.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Aaron Donald is an animal....

Kenny Britt is the best ex-Titan. Followed closely by William Hayes...and yes Cook.

O-Line is getting better....Pass blocking has improved.

Tavon is an excellent decoy.

Givens needs more targets.

Quick should return soon.

Gurley got a chance to knock off some rust.

Mason looked like his old self.

Benny did too....

Foles probably needs a season to figure out the offense...To perfection....

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
You want something really positive to look at, Our D had 5 more Sacks this week! That Gives the Rams 13 for the Year so far! We are on pace for a 70+ Sack season!!:D:D
Add in the FF and Int our D had and that's a pretty goo Day!
I do wish our 4th QB, Hekker, had connected with Bailey though!! His QB rating is no longer perfect!:LOL:

RamzFanz

Damnit
Well, it made me forget about last week's debaucle. Tavon actually returned some punts, and, some of the cheerleaders are pretty hot.

Really, though, I've read alot of good things from upbeat people in this thread. The problem is, I dont have access to those kinds of drugs, and, even with those good things the rams lost a game when the defense only gave up 12 pts. Since the beginning of 2014, that's only happened once for a home team....and, that would be when the cards beat the rams 12 to 6.

The rams need to be make these good things happen more consistently--hell, id settle for 2 consecutive weeks at this point---before I can feel good about them as a whole.

Adding insult to injury, we've just handed a win to Arizona and Seattle when they play the benless steelers. Why is it that (could be taken as a positive) when we knock starting qbs out of a game, we don't capitalize.

So, a vent disguised as an anti-vent? Do we need that? I have not yet visited the vent thread because I respect the vent.

But, I digress. We have no idea, as far as I know, if Ben will be out for an extended time and based on what I've heard, 4 weeks, that means the Hawks WILL see Ben.

Do you also expect to win against GB in GB with everything going on now or are you a realist?

Don't get me wrong, I have complaints and you'll hear every single one in the vent thread next week if we lose to Zona. But today? Na. I didn't expect a game this low scoring and close and I was sure we'de have a bumpy start. Next week may be the most important game we play all season though so Fisher better get his head out of his ass and start Quick, get the ball to TA, start TG30, or face my explosion of negativity.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This beats the hell out of the "alternative" (tho I do have my own label regarding it) thread going, I just hope most of those guys are just drunk or something.

5 sacks was nice, the defense played well, especially after Hekker short armed that wide open fake punt pass to Bailey.

Still a young team... especially up front on offense, the negativity on other threads here and elsewhere over Gurley's 7 touch performance today is nothing short of mind boggling.

On to Arizona, they're ripe right about now the way I see it.
After Knocking the QB out of this game, Arizona better have a Stable Full of QB's handy when we get to town!!:D

RamzFanz

Damnit
After Knocking the QB out of this game, Arizona better have a Stable Full of QB's handy when we get to town!!:D

I literally warned them last season and again this season, fake an injury, anything, diaria, just don't start him.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Gotta understand too this was to be expected with 2 rookies. It isn't a matter of how talented the individual pieces are, it's how they perform together as a unit. I remember the 2013 Rams O-line clicked when they faced the Colts and that was through midseason. I'm hoping they click together sooner rather than later.

I have NFL rewind so I was just watching it and if anyone has it the refs F'd us again. At 3:34 of the 3rd period we have a nice driving going you hear "holding on 73". It negated a 1st down run into Steeler territory.
Well, the DE tries to take a quick low angle around GR and he basically pancakes him to the ground. He doesn't hold or grab him at all. In fact it happens so fast GR doesn't even stay in contact with him,

It was another in the long line or stupid calls that killed a drive.

I wish someone could post it. It's unreal how bad of a call it was.