Official Statement

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I must admit my heart sank at the announcement. I felt reasonably sure that Spags and Devaney would be gone, but I secretly hoped that perhaps the powers that be (might) give it another year as many here suggested.

Unlike some, I don't agree that this will set us back. On the contrary, Spags has established a legacy that will live on through the "base" he established. There is character on this team, we've seen it. Now it's time for the next group of coaches and general manager to build upon this solid base. The question I have at this moment is what about McD, will they continue on with this offensive philosophy or return to a WCO?

Lesson

Oh, really?
Spags is no longer listed as HC of the Rams on the website, as Devaney is no longer listed as GM.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I just hope they don't scrap the systems. Leave them in place; don't change the defense or make Sam have to learn a third offense in four years. Not when they've been proven to work.

Best of luck to Billy D and Spags. I liked Devaney's candor and Spags keeping the team together through adversity.

As for coaches and general managers? I'm not sure which guy will be picked for which job, and I'm not going to guess. What I will do is support their hiring (unless it's A.J. Smith. Then I'm going to be absolutely pissed).

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Memento said:
I just hope they don't scrap the systems. Leave them in place; don't change the defense or make Sam have to learn a third offense in four years. Not when they've been proven to work.

Best of luck to Billy D and Spags. I liked Devaney's candor and Spags keeping the team together through adversity.

As for coaches and general managers? I'm not sure which guy will be picked for which job, and I'm not going to guess. What I will do is support their hiring (unless it's A.J. Smith. Then I'm going to be absolutely pissed).
+1 -- That's a vote for dysfunction.

Mark my words, the Rams won't be hiring a HC for 2-4 weeks. They reportedly have 2 positions to fill first, President and GM.

Unless, God forbid, Stan hires a GM/HC. :slap!: :dangit:

Lesson

Oh, really?
Ram Quixote said:
Memento said:

Mark my words, the Rams won't be hiring a HC for 2-4 weeks. They reportedly have 2 positions to fill first, President and GM.

We have no idea what to expect. They could hire a HC BEFORE they get a GM in place, or vice versa.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Lesson said:
Ram Quixote said:
Memento said:

We have no idea what to expect. They could hire a HC BEFORE they get a GM in place, or vice versa.
If Stan wants dysfunction, he'll hire the HC first. Philosophy starts at the top. You want your GM and HC on the same page, or you'll have the HC running to the owner who hired him when there's disagreement. This isn't the Dallas Jerry Joneses, where the owner thinks he's the football genius. Stan's smarter than that.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
ramsince62 said:
I must admit my heart sank at the announcement. I felt reasonably sure that Spags and Devaney would be gone, but I secretly hoped that perhaps the powers that be (might) give it another year as many here suggested.

Unlike some, I don't agree that this will set us back. On the contrary, Spags has established a legacy that will live on through the "base" he established. There is character on this team, we've seen it. Now it's time for the next group of coaches and general manager to build upon this solid base. The question I have at this moment is what about McD, will they continue on with this offensive philosophy or return to a WCO?

+1000
This is exactly how I feel. Theres still plenty of holes on the roster but this isnt even close to the same mess that Spags inherited. We have positives to build on: QB, pass rush, depth at WR, starting safeties, players getting HEALTHY.