Official Statement

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
By Nick Wagoner | Senior Writer
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stlouisrams.com/news-and-events/article-1/GM-Devaney--HC-Spagnuolo-Will-Not-Return/8fd999e1-a050-4330-972c-9bdf6503ba97" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stlouisrams.com/news-and-eve ... df6503ba97</a>

Spagnuolo_Devaney_420_042511.jpg

The Rams parted ways with head coach Steve Spagnuolo and general manager Billy Devaney on Monday morning.

Spagnuolo coached the team for the past three seasons after being named coach on Jan. 17, 2009. He was 10-38 in his time with the team.

Devaney was named general manager on Christmas Eve of 2008 after joining the team in February of that year as Executive Vice President of Player Personnel.

Rams owner E. Stanley Kroenke issued the following statement this morning.

"I would like to personally thank Steve and Billy for their dedication to the St. Louis Rams organization over the past several seasons. This was a difficult decision for many reasons. We have tremendous respect for Steve and Billy as people and football professionals.

"No one individual is to blame for this disappointing season and we all must hold ourselves accountable. However, we believe it's in the best interest of the St. Louis Rams to make these changes as we continue our quest to build a team that consistently competes for playoffs and championships. We wish Steve, Billy and their families the very best in the future and thank them again for their commitment to our organization and the city of St. Louis."

The search for a new head coach and general manager is already underway.

steferfootball

Starter
This is a big mistake imo. No way anyone can say he got a fair shot. No way.

Whatever we all knew this was coming for the past 6 weeks. Sad that the NFL is like this.

I wish him nothing but the best, and I'll root for Spags where ever he goes.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
steferfootball said:

Whatever we all knew this was coming for the past 6 weeks. Sad that the NFL is like this.

Unless he ends up as a DC in the NFCW. Then I'll put my admiration for him on hold.

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
steferfootball said:

Unless he ends up as a DC in the NFCW. Then I'll put my admiration for him on hold.

Or if he ends up as a DC for a team that plays against the Rams next season.

steferfootball

Starter
X said:
steferfootball said:

If that happens I will just start to dislike Kronke.

It is amazing how fans around the internet are reacting to this decision. Like flat out making things up....I guess that is why I am here and no longer there.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Bob Stoops signed a huge extention. He isn't going anywhere.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Oh God. PLEASE don't take our advice.

fb.jpg

steferfootball

Starter
X said:
Oh God. PLEASE don't take our advice.

fb.jpg

That is how they came to conclusion to fire Spags, didn't you hear? :D

Anyways, howabout we fire up the old Rams on Demand Spin machine.

I'm hearing through multiple inside sources that Mike Martz will indeed be the Rams Head Coach and General Manager.

EDIT: Update with some breaking news, John Shaw to be named as defensive coordiantor.

superfan24

Starter
I don't think at all this is the best decision to make.
This sucks, its gonna set us back imo. FUCK

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
@SoftliSTL Tony Softli
Rams COO Kevin Demoff will address the media at 3:30

I'll post the video when its up. If it's a live conference, I'll provide the link or stream it here.

bluecoconuts

Legend
We're a ship without a captain. Better get one soon, because although Spags had to navigate through hurricanes he did keep us together.

Please not Fisher.

Lesson

Oh, really?
I like Demoff.

I have no problem if Kroenke fired Spags and Billy D through Demoff.

superfan24

Starter
I want Kroenke to tell us why he did this and what his plan is. Geezus this is so damn frustrating

Lesson

Oh, really?
superfan24 said:
I want Kroenke to tell us why he did this and what his plan is. Geezus this is so damn frustrating

If he tells us his plan through Demoff, I have no problem.

Demoff is someone I respect and I believe in what he does.