Official ROD Pre-FA Community Mock Draft 2015

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Working on updating this entire mock to Draftnik Central, but there are players missing. I've emailed the site. Just waiting for an update.
FYI
That's awesome. Best draft website out there IMO.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Jorgeh0605 with well wishes and good news:
My goodness I never noticed an alert with your response. I could do it though. I am on at different points throughout the day.

Edit: Also, I hope you get well.
Not doing well but my wife says I'll live. :LOL:

As for the Eagles, be prepared but there's a good chance we might need you to take another team. According to my wife's best friend (who gave me this disease) I still have a couple more days of joy until it's gone.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'd planned on contacting every poster who participated in this last mock and ask them if they were willing to commit themselves to spending a certain amount of time every day checking the status of the mock and taking the appropriate action so as to not have the next one proceed in fits and starts like this one did. Those plans have been put on hold due to the fact that I have the flu and until I can get over that I'm pretty much useless right now. Hopefully, I'll feel good enough to do that in a few days or so.

If someone can take some initiative and iron out some details of how we're going to handle the new mock, having learned some lessons in the last one, that would be great. I'm willing to ramrod the mock but I'd prefer not to be a GM. I'm also willing to step aside for someone else to ramrod the mock and just help with keeping track of the picks. I'll also, when possible, personally PM the GM on the clock so that they get a second reminder.

Here are my suggestions:
The mock should reside in and as a sticky in the main Rams forum.
Trades should be approved or disapproved by whoever is ramrodding the mock. Consensus is great but takes too much time.
Picks for GMs who fail to meet their time limit (shouldn't happen if they're 'all in' on the mock) will be made by whoever is ramrodding the mock to save time.
No trades between GMs who own both teams (if that becomes necessary).
I'd start the mock approximately 3 weeks before the draft as that would give us, assuming we go four rounds again, time to finish most of FA and still complete it before the real draft.
The individual GMs should be responsible for tagging the next GM to alert him he's on the clock with after he makes a pick.
Have and update a "players selected" template like in the last mock. Updated by the the last GM to pick ramrod or anyone in the mock who wanders by. whoever gets to it first.
Have and update a "players selected in the round" template like in the last mock. Updated by the same method as the "players selected" template.
Have a list of trades to update, by changing the teams appropriately in the "players selected in the round" template, solely by the ramrod.

Just my ideas.

I'll be back in a few days (hopefully) to see what you guys came up (or you can wait until I get healthy again to decide) with and take the appropriate actions. Barring any objections to my suggestions, that's how I will run it if you want me to ramrod the next mock.

Loving all the suggestions, anything to speed up the whole process, it dragged at times. Good work @albefree69 hope you're feeling better...

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion

As for the Eagles, be prepared but there's a good chance we might need you to take another team. According to my wife's best friend (who gave me this disease) I still have a couple more days of joy until it's gone.
I'll be prepared. However I would like to mention that I am sure that I never received a notification that you replied to my previous post. I did receive the alert that you liked my previous post though. Perhaps it is because you are adding a status after my name in the quote marker? Just thought I'd make you aware.

Being sick is the worst. Doesn't help that I pretend I'm not sick until I'm practically dying. But I'm sure your wife is taking great care of you as mine does me. Hopefully the worst is behind you!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If anyone is looking to join the draft, I will gladly give up the San Francisco 49er team
Let me know

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Apparently the Panthers are planning on starting Michael Oher at LT.

Guess I'm smarter than them..

Athos

Legend

You know.....when you read this totally out of context it sounds like you rode the tricycle with wifey and wifey's friend and that's how you got "insert disease here, I'll go with mono." :ROFLMAO:

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
OK guys, I'm feeling a little better now and I'll be sending every member of our last mock a PM to find out their status for the new one. I'll have a few questions too. Hopefully I'll get them all out tonight. Don't answer here, just reply to my PM.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'll do it again but if someone else is looking to get in I can give up my spot. I had Arizona and totally kicked ass. I don't think it would be fair for me to shame you all again!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This is so much harder to do than I ever thought. I have new respect for the prospect. There was about 5 guys that I wanted at that pick and it was not so easy to ignore the major needs and go for the better player, or to ignore other factors draft value. I wish I had about 5 picks in a row right now to fill out team before the talent really drops off.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
bump:

So how did everyone do with their picks so far? Who picked Todd Gurley? :)

I picked for the now 8-0 Cincinnati Bengals and these were my pre FA picks(I can't find the post FA mock).
I'm going to rate my own picks.

Rd 1(21st) Shaq Thompson LB
Drafted by the Carolina Panthers 25th overall in the 1st rd. Has played in 6 games as a backup SSLB and has 12 tackles and a sack.
B

Rd 2(53rd) Owamagbe Odighizuwa DE
Drafted by the NYG 74th overall in the 3rd rd. Has 3 tackles on special teams. Not in the DLine rotation.
D-

Rd 3(85th) Jessie James TE
Drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers 160th overall in the 5th rd. James has been inactive in all 8 games.
F

Rd 4(117th) Kwon Alexander OLB
Drafted by the Tampa Bay Bucs 124th overall in the 4th rd. Alexander is the starting MLB and has 29 solo tackles, 1 sack and 2 INT's.
A
------------------------------------------
I reached horribly with the TE James and he has done nothing, Owamagbe has been a disappointment too. I nailed the Kwon Alexander pick though. Shaq Thompson is contributing on a stout defense.