Official Rams@Redskins Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Lots of draft picks, and esp lots of high draft picks, doesn't equate to having lots of NFL talent.

On offense, you have a lot of question marks at this point, and that's it.
- 'Solid QB'....maybe, but yet to be determined. I suspect he will prove to be that, but you just can't say that definitively at this point.
- 'RB position is good without Gurley." Really? W/o Gurley, they've looked no better than avg to my eye. BC is a good #3 back, but he's that...a #3. Mason looks to have potential to be good. But if he'd showed to be something special last year, would they have drafted Gurley?

On D....
- 'There is a top 5 defense...' Top 5 based on what...this magical 'talent' factor? Top 5 defenses are top 5 defenses because they play at a consistently high level. The Rams D is a pretender to the 'top 5' accolade at this point. They haven't actually played their way to it. Until they do, they have absolutely no business trying to make up silly nicknames for themselves. 'Sack City' and 'Mob Squad' are hollow until they play well enough to earn those nicknames. Thus far, they just haven't.

Let's not be a straw man. Good is better than average.

Based on Foles' career he is solid IMO. There is a baseline to work off of. Agree on BC.

As for the defense. If you watched the games last year they were a top 5 D and only added talent this year. So please cut out your condescending attitude. If you disagree on that then fine. The defense played as well as anyone the 2nd half of last year, so statistically your right because they started slowly.

So back to my original thought. If you don't think the coach has talent and high draft picks don't translate to talent then what is your issue? Either way it's the coach who drafted this talent.

So I ask you. Are upset by the coaching or talent evaluation? Or are you just arguing with me to argue? Would love to hear your take. Something is off IMO.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I understand the people saying to calm down because it is just one week. But I have to ask, when do you get tired of this product? How many years do they have to keep doing the same things until you've had enough? We've seen this same thing for years now. These are not isolated incidents. These are things that happen so much that most fans have come to expect it. I maintain, either Fisher makes the playoffs this season or he needs to be gone. It's that simple.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I understand the people saying to calm down because it is just one week. But I have to ask, when do you get tired of this product? How many years do they have to keep doing the same things until you've had enough? We've seen this same thing for years now. These are not isolated incidents. These are things that happen so much that most fans have come to expect it. I maintain, either Fisher makes the playoffs this season or he needs to be gone. It's that simple.

I agree. 4 years is enough time to make the playoffs, given the amount of draft picks Snead has given him. His RBs, his QB, his chosen type of OL, etc. I'm not even asking to go deep into the playoffs, just freaking make it there. Wild card, division winner, I don't care. Just get there or get gone.

Moostache

Rookie
2012 - 7-8-1
2013 - 7-9
2014 - 6-10
2015 - SAME OLD SORRY RAMS.
Anyone who is "calming down because its just one game" has not been paying attention very much the last 3+ years.

Life is too short to care more about the franchise than its players, coaches and the owner.
This team is not worth my time or support until or unless they get to 5-1, but who are we kidding? This team is right now staring down the barrel of 1-5 start AGAIN!!!

They are 7-9 to 8-8 at best, and even that may not be possible.

Since they are likely leaving anyway, its time to start seeking out better things to do on Sunday afternoons from August to December (already don't have to worry about January....)

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They are 7-9 to 8-8 at best, and even that may not be possible.
jeff-fisher.jpg

Alan

Legend
I'm going to take a break to rest my eye muscles so this will be my last post for a a few weeks. This happens regularly so it's nothing to get excited about. I'll just get in a little venting before I go and much of it will be in blue.

How's the run D coming? I didn't see the game so I can't comment about why but I'm sure it had nothing to do with Brockers. ;) Just kidding so don't yell at me when I come back. :LOL:

I guess we should never let Mason carry the ball again, what with the fumble and all. :rolleyes:

That's pretty much all I can say without seeing the game so I'll just finish by saying it's only one game and we're still a game up on the Shehags. (y)

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I'm going to take a break to rest my eye muscles so this will be my last post for a a few weeks. This happens regularly so it's nothing to get excited about. I'll just get in a little venting before I go and much of it will be in blue.

How's the run D coming? I didn't see the game so I can't comment about why but I'm sure it had nothing to do with Brockers. ;) Just kidding so don't yell at me when I come back. :LOL:

I guess we should never let Mason carry the ball again, what with the fumble and all. :rolleyes:

That's pretty much all I can say without seeing the game so I'll just finish by saying it's only one game and we're still a game up on the Shehags. (y)

Miss you already :effemine:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

This ^ in the nutshell

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yesterday was an abheration across the league with favorites losing games. I'm not writing off any of the teams who lost, and that includes the Rams

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Jared Cook seems to be a microcosm of the entire team. Flatters you with the occasional huge game where he displays his freakish athleticism and talent - looks like a mini-Gronk - uncoverable. Then he has a game like today.

I usually don't dwell on incidents, but how he acted toward Austin Davis last season really sticks with me about what kind of player Cook is. I think he thinks more of himself as a player than what he is. He has natural talent, size, speed...seems he needs to work harder in some areas that he doesn't.

Schmitzer

UDFA
On the radio broadcast, it was stated, I can't figure out how the Rams can look so good on both sides of the ball against Seattle, and so bad on both sides of the ball against Washington...

It's called poor coaching. Leads to inconsistent results. We've had one 3-game winning streak since the start of the 2007 season.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yesterday was an abheration across the league with favorites losing games. I'm not writing off any of the teams who lost, and that includes the Rams

I think that's all you can do.

At the end of the day, our fan base is a battered bunch. I totally understand "this feels all too familiar", because this fan base hasn't felt the other side in a long time.

Me? I'm just not walking the plank yet. It's a new season. Last year has nothing to do with how we play our next game.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
With this team, didn't you mean 'last week...' ;)

Actually, I meant last year.

I've been through the crappy years like the rest of you guys. But, I can't be so consumed by the rearview mirror or I'll miss what's really happening with THIS team.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think that's all you can do.

At the end of the day, our fan base is a battered bunch. I totally understand "this feels all too familiar", because this fan base hasn't felt the other side in a long time.

Me? I'm just not walking the plank yet. It's a new season. Last year has nothing to do with how we play our next game.
This^^^

With this team, didn't you mean 'last week...' ;)
But of course this is a pretty damn funny response. Touche

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see how anyone can say people are overreacting when talking about Fisher. This is year four and there are no excuses. Either make the playoffs or you may be looking for another job. It would be one thing if the Rams were a playoff team most seasons, but they aren't. The continually play like this. As I've said before, this is year 21 he is coaching and this is what he gets out of his teams most seasons. Sure it is only week two, but we have all seen this before and they have to prove to us that they are going to be better before some fans will have faith. As of yet they have not earned it at all. I will say it again, if Fisher does not make the playoffs he should be fired. I'm tired of mediocrity.
It is only week 2 and his history suggests that things might not get better.

But I'll give him a few more weeks to right the ship.

This, coming from a guy who really doesn't like Fisher... didn't like the hire... don't like him now and took a lot of gruff on another board for calling him out early on.

I remember reading comments from Titans fans when we played them in 2013. Opened my eyes quite a bit... I never really looked at his record but, when they kept saying he was average, I looked it up. Yes, better than average, but only slightly and far too many 8-8 seasons.

A lot of the same concerns being vented here... lack of discipline... inconsistency... sloppy play.

I'll tell ya... they seemed very happy he was gone.

Having said that, though.... it's game 2 of his 4th year. I don't have a lot of faith in him, but I'll give it some time.

But if, after a few more games, it looks like last year again... well, let's just say I hope he surprises me.

First game up... Pittsburgh... Steelers should be favored... sounds like a "Fisher Win".

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
a team that gets almost 1000 yards out a RB with back up QBs and no OL, then drafts another RB in the 3rd and gets a similar performance with similar challenges, then drafts another injured RB in the 1st without addressing the OL is a team that isn't going to have sustained success.
Yup... life is all about choices.