Official Rams FA Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
bluecoconuts said:
OttawaRamsFan said:
bluecoconuts said:
Hopefully it gets finished soon. I'm pretty sure it's going to happen, but I've been burned before in free agency (both NFL and NHL) when everything was pointing to a player signing with the Rams/Kings. I'll breathe a little easier when it's official. Hopefully by tonight.

Ilya Kovalchuk perhaps? Lol

Exactly, very respectable members of the media were saying 98% done deal, and he flipped. So happy we beat him in the finals, hope you enjoy that runners up trophy, Ilya, we got the last laugh. :sly:

Kings are starting to get it together after a rough start. Muzzin looks real good. My team in Ottawa, well, I can't believe they are still in the playoffs after all the devestating injuries they have. Karlsson, Spezza, Anderson, Michalek, Cowen just for starters lol

bluecoconuts

Legend
OttawaRamsFan said:
bluecoconuts said:
OttawaRamsFan said:
bluecoconuts said:
Hopefully it gets finished soon. I'm pretty sure it's going to happen, but I've been burned before in free agency (both NFL and NHL) when everything was pointing to a player signing with the Rams/Kings. I'll breathe a little easier when it's official. Hopefully by tonight.

Exactly, very respectable members of the media were saying 98% done deal, and he flipped. So happy we beat him in the finals, hope you enjoy that runners up trophy, Ilya, we got the last laugh. :sly:

Kings are starting to get it together after a rough start. Muzzin looks real good. My team in Ottawa, well, I can't believe they are still in the playoffs after all the devestating injuries they have. Karlsson, Spezza, Anderson, Michalek, Cowen just for starters lol

Muzzin has been impressive offensively, still has quite a bit to go defensively though. Ellerby has struggled a bit as well. The puck mover-stay at home combo that we had last year worked great, but with the injuries to Mitchell and Greene, we've had to pair puck movers with puck movers, so the defense has taken a little bit of a hit. I think Muzzin will round out nicely though, I'm excited for the future there. Luckily we have a lot of solid D prospects, and some good stay at home guys as well. Now if only Doughty can score, he can't buy a goal, and our coach is joking about putting him at forward just so he can get one, haha

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
bluecoconuts said:
OttawaRamsFan said:
bluecoconuts said:
OttawaRamsFan said:
bluecoconuts said:

Muzzin has been impressive offensively, still has quite a bit to go defensively though. Ellerby has struggled a bit as well. The puck mover-stay at home combo that we had last year worked great, but with the injuries to Mitchell and Greene, we've had to pair puck movers with puck movers, so the defense has taken a little bit of a hit. I think Muzzin will round out nicely though, I'm excited for the future there. Luckily we have a lot of solid D prospects, and some good stay at home guys as well. Now if only Doughty can score, he can't buy a goal, and our coach is joking about putting him at forward just so he can get one, haha

Hey! What's with hijacking the thread? I NEVER do that. :sly:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
bluecoconuts said:
OttawaRamsFan said:
bluecoconuts said:
OttawaRamsFan said:
bluecoconuts said:

At least you just have a defenseman who isn't scoring. Backes can't pot a goal to save a puppy at this point, McDonald has been ineffective at best, Perron and Oshie are inconsistent, Tarasenko cooled down before he got hurt, Schwartz still needs to learn, Steen got hurt, Sobotka is a borderline third line player, D'agostini is an AHL player at this point, and aside from Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo, our defense is useless in the opposing zone. Really, only Stewart, Berglund, and Shattenkirk have shown up on a day-to-day basis.

We desperately need a number one center and a number one left-handed defenseman to pair with Petro.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
So with SJ and Amendola gone... Cook brought in and Hayes retained,whats our $$$ situation looking like?

A55VA6

Legend
I think we're at 11 mil. I'm not sure though. i dont have all the numbers.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
[nfl]0ap2000000138711[/nfl]

A55VA6

Legend
Of course it's a risk signing Long. But he's young and extremely talented. I think he's made the pro bowl every year hes been in the league. I'm sure if we get Long we'll be just fine.

Buddemeyer

UDFA
If we can get Roger to stop being greedy and get Long to stay in St. Louis, I think we will have a solid year. Yes two deadly weapons are now gone, but remember Sam's rookie season and how excelled with little talent receiver wise. This was due to protection, which the rams have fallen off in the past decade. We get an anchor like Long, Sam will get the ball in Givens's hands.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
A55VA6 said:
Plus, I think Cook can be more dominant than Amendola. So there's that.

I firmly believe cook will have everyone saying amendola who shortly.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
KD at dinner tonight with Jake Long's agents

[tweet]312390571308224512[/tweet]

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
interference said:
KD at dinner tonight with Jake Long's agents

[tweet]312390571308224512[/tweet]

Posted twitter of that over in jake long update

<a class="postlink" href="https://mobile.twitter.com/kdemoff/status/312390571308224512" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://mobile.twitter.com/kdemoff/stat ... 1308224512</a>

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A55VA6 said:
I'm growing a little frustrated with the Rams free agency so far..

I am too.

BUT....

This year is different. The quick signing scenarios slowed with the rule change.

Lots still on the market!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

bluecoconuts

Legend
A55VA6 said:

The Jake Long situation is annoying for sure, but I wouldn't say I'm frustrated. We got a huge weapon for Sam with the Cook signing. Draft is often times more important than free agency as well. I don't usually break down an offseason as free agency and draft, I lump them all together. I'll judge this season's free agency week 1.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
A55VA6 said:
I've gotta wonder if Kevin Demoff is the only one who can negotiatve with agents, creating a situation where it becomes difficult to bring-in more than one serious FA at a time. Seems we lost 3 or 4 days with Jake Long, precluding talks within anyone else. Does anyone know if that's the case, 'cause it seems like we should have a team of negotiators on staff who can work in parallel so we can maximize the number of players we can bring-in simultanously.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Teams that spend big money on free agents look great on paper but usually are nit very effective on the field. Salary cap hell team chemistry is usually a mess i mean really name a recent team whi blew their wad in free agency and had a successful season. Teams that win build through the draft free agency is a quick fix band aide for teams that are close one or two peices away from competing deep into the playoffs and for a superbowl.

Granted building through the draft may take us a year or two buuut by then teams like the winers and the Seacocks free agents will be aged while all our talent will be in prime and ready to rule the divison.

Atleast this is how i see it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Rabid Ram said:
Teams that spend big money on free agents look great on paper but usually are nit very effective on the field. Salary cap hell team chemistry is usually a mess i mean really name a recent team whi blew their wad in free agency and had a successful season. Teams that win build through the draft free agency is a quick fix band aide for teams that are close one or two peices away from competing deep into the playoffs and for a superbowl.

Granted building through the draft may take us a year or two buuut by then teams like the winers and the Seacocks free agents will be aged while all our talent will be in prime and ready to rule the divison.

Atleast this is how i see it.

Ahem... You mean like this?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...spending-money-in-free-agency-lead-to-success

How 'bout we flip a two headed coin to see who is the team on this list for 2013. :sly: