Official Rams FA Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RhodyRams said:
interference said:
Sorry if this was already posted...

[tweet]311606290025689088[/tweet]

confused by the time stamp? where the hell are you?
Yeah, I am just noticing that too. I don't get it. I'm on the west coast and just pulled that from twitter without logging in to twitter.

Here's the full link to the tweet...
<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/311606290025689088" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 0025689088</a>

Now, it's showing me 3:35PM, which for me was about 90mins ago.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Jared Cook, St. Louis Rams agree to five-year contract
By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League Editor
Published: March 12, 2013 at 06:47 p.m.
Updated: March 12, 2013 at 07:09 p.m.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150111/article/jared-cook-joins-st-louis-rams" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... louis-rams</a>

It's a big day for tight ends in free agency. Jared Cook might end up making the most money of all.

NFL.com's Jeff Darlington reported Tuesday that Cook has agreed to terms on a five-year deal with the St. Louis Rams. The team later confirmed the move. Rams coach Jeff Fisher, who coached Cook while with the Tennessee Titans, ended up getting the free agent over the Miami Dolphins, who were trying hard to sign him, Darlington reported.

Cook's deal follows contract agreements reached by tight ends Martellus Bennett, Delanie Walker, and John Phillips. But Cook has the most exciting skill set of the group. There was a sense the Titans never fully took advantage of his receiving skills. The Titans strongly considered placing the franchise tag on Cook, but they didn't want to get into a battle over whether Cook was technically a wide receiver or a tight end.

(The Dolphins, meanwhile, miss out after signing almost every other free agent on Tuesday.)

With wide receiver Danny Amendola's status up in the air, the Rams were desperate to add a weapon for quarterback Sam Bradford. Recent second-round draft pick Lance Kendricks has been a non-factor, so Cook will step into the starting tight end role. At this point, Cook might be the Rams' top receiver. And he'll get paid like one, too.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
interference said:
Jared Cook, St. Louis Rams agree to five-year contract
By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League Editor
Published: March 12, 2013 at 06:47 p.m.
Updated: March 12, 2013 at 07:09 p.m.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150111/article/jared-cook-joins-st-louis-rams" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... louis-rams</a>

It's a big day for tight ends in free agency. Jared Cook might end up making the most money of all.

NFL.com's Jeff Darlington reported Tuesday that Cook has agreed to terms on a five-year deal with the St. Louis Rams. The team later confirmed the move. Rams coach Jeff Fisher, who coached Cook while with the Tennessee Titans, ended up getting the free agent over the Miami Dolphins, who were trying hard to sign him, Darlington reported.

Cook's deal follows contract agreements reached by tight ends Martellus Bennett, Delanie Walker, and John Phillips. But Cook has the most exciting skill set of the group. There was a sense the Titans never fully took advantage of his receiving skills. The Titans strongly considered placing the franchise tag on Cook, but they didn't want to get into a battle over whether Cook was technically a wide receiver or a tight end.

(The Dolphins, meanwhile, miss out after signing almost every other free agent on Tuesday.)

With wide receiver Danny Amendola's status up in the air, the Rams were desperate to add a weapon for quarterback Sam Bradford. Recent second-round draft pick Lance Kendricks has been a non-factor, so Cook will step into the starting tight end role. At this point, Cook might be the Rams' top receiver. And he'll get paid like one, too.

I am very anxious to see the numbers on this deal...

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Bradley Fletcher to Eagles, Charles Woodson visiting whiners tomorrow.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Username said:
Bradley Fletcher to Eagles, Charles Woodson visiting whiners tomorrow.

Woodson to visit 49ers?

Holy sheet!

Let's hope this is Eagles dream team 2.0 mess!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
bluecoconuts said:
Word is Jackson likely to sign with Green Bay, 3 years for 12 million.

:shock:

Good for SJ.

I still thought there was a chance he'd end up back in STL.

I'm sort of... shocked, to be honest.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
bluecoconuts said:
Wasn't he scheduled to rec'v $7M from the Rams just for 2013?

If so, I guess it really wasn't about the money. Guess I'll have to root for the Pack now as well. :)

bluecoconuts

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
bluecoconuts said:

:shock:

Good for SJ.

I still thought there was a chance he'd end up back in STL.

I'm sort of... shocked, to be honest.

At least we don't play him next year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Cold as shit up there, Jack.
Don't think you're gonna like it much.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
interference said:
Recent second-round draft pick Lance Kendricks has been a non-factor, so Cook will step into the starting tight end role. At this point, Cook might be the Rams' top receiver. And he'll get paid like one, too.

WTF??? While I'm excited about adding Jared Cook, how is Lance a non-factor at 519 yards - 4 TDs - with a 12.4 average last year and Cook is now our top receiver at 523 yards - 4 TDs - and a 11.9 average?

These guys are just fucking morons.

Givens, Quick, Pettis, Kendricks, Cook.... looking like a pretty good mix there. K - NOW I want Austin. I could forget about losing DA and BG with that line-up. Now get Long signed and HOLY SHIT!!!

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I really want to see sams reaction when he heard we landed cook lol.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Cook is a GREAT signing the titans after frank wycheck left turned their te position into nothing but blockers and never fully utilized their skills. Fisher will pull all the potential out of cook and turn him into a beast this signing only furthers my choice to leave the titans and join the horns :) hopefully jake long is next

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Day 2's big team: The St. Louis Rams
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150169/article/what-we-learned-on-day-1-of-nfl-free-agency" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ree-agency</a>

Jeff Fisher outbid the Dolphins for tight end Jared Cook, but the Rams really might make some noise Wednesday, when they host offensive tackle Jake Long and safety Louis Delmas, according to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.

Long will have to take a physical for the Rams, and it's unclear how strong his market truly is. Darlington notes that Long still could wind up back in Miami. Then again, the Dolphins have grown accustomed to losing high-profile showdowns with the Rams.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Former Rams news: Josh Brown signs w/ the Giants.

Laurent Robinson cut by the Jaguars.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Coach Venturi on Rams FA selections so far...

[mp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2013/03/03132013085754.mp3[/mp3]

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Sun Sentinel reports Jake Long has agreed to terms with Rams. Sorry, don't have link.

A55VA6

Legend
interference said:
Sun Sentinel reports Jake Long has agreed to terms with Rams. Sorry, don't have link.
They took it down. Deal expected tonight. Rams are spending the day with him. Physical, talkign terms, etc.