Official Rams FA Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Tight lipped this year. Didn't we hear of a couple DT's, and Finnegan last year before it happened? The only hint of a player is Jake Long. One more thing. Do the Rams think that Victor Cruz(ready to play now) is better than Tavon Austin or Patterson plus the extra money?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:
Tight lipped this year. Didn't we hear of a couple DT's, and Finnegan last year before it happened? The only hint of a player is Jake Long. One more thing. Do the Rams think that Victor Cruz(ready to play now) is better than Tavon Austin or Patterson plus the extra money?
Seem we may actually be adopting ALL of the aspects of the Belichick model, including the secrecy part.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
interference said:
DR RAM said:
Seem we may actually be adopting ALL of the aspects of the Belichick model, including the secrecy part.
Secretly I like it. I just get so anxious to know what we are thinking. I don't think we will fork for Cruz. Long might be a different deal.

Psycho_X

Legend
So has FA started at midnight today? Or is it like some time this afternoon? Not sure why but expected to wake up this morning and have newsfeed cluttered with FA signings across the NFL like usual.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Psycho_X said:
So has FA started at midnight today? Or is it like some time this afternoon? Not sure why but expected to wake up this morning and have newsfeed cluttered with FA signings across the NFL like usual.
It started a couple days ago, discussion/negotiation period, but signings/agreements start toady at 4 PM Eastern.

Psycho_X

Legend
DR RAM said:
Psycho_X said:
It started a couple days ago, discussion/negotiation period, but signings/agreements start toady at 4 PM Eastern.

That's what I meant. Still used to it starting at some stupid hour like midnight like it used to lol.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Forgot, I have heard FS Quin Glover's name too.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
[tweet]311523594985410560[/tweet]

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thought this short piece kind of summed up where I am with free agency.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/3/11/4091416/st-louis-rams-the-mayans-and-asteriods

The bottom line here is there are so many unknowns, it's a bit premature to set your hair on fire with worry. Jeff Fisher is a sly, NFL savvy coach. He knows the game, and the players he'll need in the coming year. He's shaken hands with his players who leave for other teams many times over the course of his career, and he's moved on. He and Snead know what they need. It's time to sit back and watch how things play out, and they will. The Rams will displace at least one of the teams at the top of the NFC West in 2013. I think they'll do so with the youngest team in the NFL for the second straight season too. They won't jump for a player in free agency whose salary could cripple the team's future. This is going to be interesting to see, so grab some popcorn and watch how things play out.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
RamFan503 said:
Thought this short piece kind of summed up where I am with free agency.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/3/11/4091416/st-louis-rams-the-mayans-and-asteriods

The bottom line here is there are so many unknowns, it's a bit premature to set your hair on fire with worry. Jeff Fisher is a sly, NFL savvy coach. He knows the game, and the players he'll need in the coming year. He's shaken hands with his players who leave for other teams many times over the course of his career, and he's moved on. He and Snead know what they need. It's time to sit back and watch how things play out, and they will. The Rams will displace at least one of the teams at the top of the NFC West in 2013. I think they'll do so with the youngest team in the NFL for the second straight season too. They won't jump for a player in free agency whose salary could cripple the team's future. This is going to be interesting to see, so grab some popcorn and watch how things play out.
Agreed, but they do have the luxury, if i can call it that, of being stable and secure at this point. It seems as if when the "regime" is in danger of losing there jobs that they start to get desperate. These guys are doing it right.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
[tweet]311526680403525632[/tweet]

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
haha "some interest."

I'm not gonna lie, I'm excited to see moves and signings. It's just cool to see the NFL in action in freakin mid-March.

But for the Rams...if they sign someone, great. If not, oh well.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Angry Ram said:
haha "some interest."

I'm not gonna lie, I'm excited to see moves and signings. It's just cool to see the NFL in action in freakin mid-March.

But for the Rams...if they sign someone, great. If not, oh well.
We will sign people, question is who. This new 3 day period accelerates things.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My heart is starting to behave like it's 49er gameday. Am I the only one?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
A55VA6 said:
[tweet]311556307729657856[/tweet]
Oh it's like that? We both post the same exact thing at the same exact time, only in different threads?

watchingu_zpsf989af4a.gif

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
A55VA6 said:
[tweet]311556307729657856[/tweet]
Oh it's like that? We both post the same exact thing at the same exact time, only in different threads?

watchingu_zpsf989af4a.gif
This should make everyone happy. Cudjo, Stewart, and now Hayes. These are the depth guys that help you to win.