Official Rams Coaching Staff 2.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
McCoy had the lowest YPC average on the team among their top 4 rushers in 2015. Gillislee and Karlos Williams both averaged over 5.5 yards per carry. :)

Im just guessing but wouldn't McCoy also have had way more carries to make his YPC naturally lower.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Hadl to Jackson!?! What made you pick this^ Gif?(y):D LIKE!
_atbza.gif

Because the gif showed an old school professional ambiance of a classic Rams team warming up in pregame drills. The toss in the endzone was my thinking of this new staff. "A Touchdown of Hope on the Horizon"

The Rams coaches, players and teams from past generations have a rich history easy to appreciate.
6609342059_55306acf6d_o.jpg

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
lat-la-rams-joe-stydahar-la0013947756-20150107

Coach Joe Stydahar and members of the Los Angeles Rams celebrate defeating the Cleveland Browns to win the 1951 NFL Championship at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Im just guessing but wouldn't McCoy also have had way more carries to make his YPC naturally lower.

Yes but my point is that you can't chalk up their high yards per carry solely to McCoy. They had the best run blocking OL in the NFL in 2016.(and likely 2015 too)

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
McCoy had the lowest YPC average on the team among their top 4 rushers in 2015. Gillislee and Karlos Williams both averaged over 5.5 yards per carry. :)

Lets hope he can get Gurley's numbers up this coming year :)

I have to be honest I really like the coaching team McV's put together - like I said Kromer was my only question mark, but you guys have convinced me

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Because the gif showed an old school professional ambiance of a classic Rams team warming up in pregame drills. The toss in the endzone was my thinking of this new staff. "A Touchdown of Hope on the Horizon"

The Rams coaches, players and teams from past generations have a rich history easy to appreciate.
6609342059_55306acf6d_o.jpg

lat-la-rams-joe-stydahar-la0013947756-20150107

Coach Joe Stydahar and members of the Los Angeles Rams celebrate defeating the Cleveland Browns to win the 1951 NFL Championship at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
These two Photos of the Team in "Yellow Jersey's" remind me of why I feel in love with them in my youth!!:D
I'd like to see them use the yellow Jersey's and White pants as Throwbacks!(y)(y)

WestCoastRam

Legend
Interesting about Peete... my conspiracy-fan-girl nature wants to read into that that the coaching of RBs wasn't the issue (even if Gurley regressed) and Broudreau aged out of being a good coach and many (but not all) problems with the run game came from bad talent and poor coaching on the line.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd really like to know the hell they came up with those rankings, particularly the Bills at being ranked 29th last year considering:

- #1 in rushing offense, 164.4 yards per game; and
- #1 in average per carry, 5.3 ypc

How in the hell does that translate to the 29th best OL in the league???

Are these PFF rankings? Either way, somebody is on crack, meth, or something, because the 29th ranking isn't even in the same zip code with the actual numbers the Bills put up, and those numbers are concrete, not based on some subjective ranking.

Edited to add: Bills were also #1 in rushing in 2015 (152 yards per game) and tied for #1 in yards per carry (4.8 ypc).

Those rankings are sh!t.

I don't know where those rankings came from unless he was giving us sack%. PFF actually ranked Buffalo's OL around #10 in the NFL in both 2016 and 2015.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffa...re_contact_per_attempt_by_offensive_line.html

Limey

Rookie
Wow. 3rd per up the middle, before contact, for Buffalo.
How nice it would be.

I think it's 3 yards before contact up the middle, which is amazing. In fact it was pretty much 3 yards whichever direction they chose to rush. Ironically, that's exactly the offence that Fisher wanted. If we could get that sort of running game and McVay's downfield passing game it would be awesome. Might take a few seasons to get there, but I'm excited already.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Interesting about Peete... my conspiracy-fan-girl nature wants to read into that that the coaching of RBs wasn't the issue (even if Gurley regressed) and Broudreau aged out of being a good coach and many (but not all) problems with the run game came from bad talent and poor coaching on the line.

The Rams brought Aaron Dickerson back from that side of the ball. I actually like that part of it. He knows these offensive lineman well.
Like I said earlier about him. He brings a good energy to the practice field.Inthink he will learn a lot from Kromer. He knows what Broureau's mind set was .

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Rams brought Aaron Dickerson back from that side of the ball. I actually like that part of it. He knows these offensive lineman well.
Like I said earlier about him. He brings a good energy to the practice field.Inthink he will learn a lot from Kromer. He knows what Broureau's mind set was .

Andy Dickerson (assistant offensive line): One of three holdovers from the prior staff, Dickerson spent the last five years as the Rams' assistant offensive line coach, previously working under Paul Boudreau. Dickerson served similar roles with the Browns and Jets. He also worked in operations for the Patriots and was an offensive lineman at Tufts University in Boston.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Curious that Dickerson was retained and Boudreau was not.

I don't think so. Boudreau wasn't getting the job done and likely wouldn't have settled for a demotion. Dickerson is a younger coach. He has an opportunity to learn under a different OL Coach and hopefully help get Kromer up to speed quicker.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
McVay stated at the press conference that the Rams were hiring an assistant for Fassel and would release his name later, however, nothing has been released to this point. I wonder who the new assistant special team coach is?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At this rate, we're gonna have more coaches than players. Never let it be said that Kroenke wont spend money on a coaching staff!