Official Rams@Bengals Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

…..

Legend
Nice. Looks like meat in the freezer. Both yours?

Should have been....I had them both in my scope. I took one at day break after watching 2 pass just out of range. about 20 minutes later the other came sniffin around. I had him at about 75 yards but my primer misfired ( black powder/muzzle loader) and he heard the hammer strike. So he took off, fortunately he ran right up on my buddy about 200 yards away. Its just as well because at that distance I thought it was a doe but it turned out to be a spike and I kinda hope my 2nd Buck ends up a wall hanger.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
He was really bad. He is not getting the coaching that he needs or he is a complete bust as a left tackle. Not sure which yet but like many of his team mates he is not progressing at all.

Big Willie

Starter
It still feels like relegation...except we don't have much in the way of better players. It has already taken an eternity to earn promotion to a top level and it doesn't seem like we've gotten any closer after 14 years.

Schmitzer

UDFA
The Rams in a nutshell:
  • A LT who should be a guard
  • A TE should be a WR
  • A S playing LB
  • A WR who gets more yards rushing than receiving
  • A great RB doesn't get the ball much
  • A K who can kick bombs, just not straight
  • One of the highest rated passers in the NFL...playing punter
  • A run-first team that can't run
  • And an owner who tells his city "No Thanks" to a new stadium
Don't hate it, embrace it

fearsomefour

Legend
In fairness Cook made two very nice blocks on the TD drive....the first helped spring Austin for his long run, the second allowed Austin to score.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So if Keenum passes concussion protocols does he start next week?
I thought he cleared the protocols last week after the game? :sneaky:

ust watched Fisher's post-game interview. He says the biggest issue with this team right now is execution and not effort. Seems to me they go hand-in-hand. If you give great effort you should be able to execute. Now add to this equation a lack of talent and then I believe it. You can give a great effort, but if you are of lesser talent you probably won't be successful with your execution.
Great point... it all comes back to Fisher and Snead.
According to Fisher, the effort is there.

So, what IS the issue?
Talent? He picked these players
Coaching? He picked these guys

All roads lead back to Jeff Fisher... always a risk when you have almost complete control of an organization... if things go badly, you have nowhere to hide.

They don't have enough talent to compete.
Wait! All I kept hearing before the season started is how much talent we had. Which is it?

Wagoner should be first in line if he asked the question. Snotty little jackass
IMO, Jeff Fisher created tension between Rams front office and the press.
I liken his demeanor and aura to that of Bill Bellichik...
* Uber-confident
* Somewhat dismissive
* Borderline arrogant

Those traits are polarizing...
If the man wins... the fans back him and the press falls in line.
But, if he loses? The fans revolt...the press smells blood in the water and is more than happy to throw some of those traits back in his face.

What's the old saying? Always be kind to the people on the way up... because you meet the same people on the way down.
(y)
You see how Captain Kirk Cousins played today again aswell? The consensus is he's limited - but scheme and personnel being friendly to him mean he can get it done.
Funny how imaginative play calling, designed to accent a players abilities, can result in good results.

Whodathunkit?

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
IMO, Jeff Fisher created tension between Rams front office and the press.
I liken his demeanor and aura to that of Bill Bellichik...
* Uber-confident
* Somewhat dismissive
* Borderline arrogant

Those traits are polarizing...
If the man wins... the fans back him and the press falls in line.
But, if he loses? The fans revolt...the press smells blood in the water and is more than happy to throw some of those traits back in his face.

What's the old saying? Always be kind to the people on the way up... because you meet the same people on the way down.
(y)
?

Well, the whole organization lacked confidence, both Spags and Linehan were paranoids.

I'll take a guy with confidence every time. The players responded to that confidence the minute Fisher came into the program.

The press conference was Fisher having the player's back. There is no lost locker room.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll take a guy with confidence every time.
Confidence with results = respect
Confidence without results = ridicule

The players responded to that confidence the minute Fisher came into the program.
Yes, they did... but, it's year four and there are grumblings from the defense (albeit, small grumblings).

The press conference was Fisher having the player's back.
Maybe he needs to consider changing that up a bit... maybe calling out Robinson in public was a start... I dunno... but I do believe that doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results is... well, you know the end of that.

There is no lost locker room.
Didn't say that... was giving an example of the old "coach speak" argument.
I will say this... another lopsided loss where he and his team get dominated... or a loss or two to clearly inferior opponents... or if the offense continues to be this bad, it's not at all outside the realm of possibility that he does lose the locker room.

Players can lose confidence in their coaches, even if they have a bigger-than-life appearance at times.

Gotta turn this around... quickly.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Welker's face is saying "OMG where have I ended up?"

Hochman: Rams go from bad to worse to awful
• By Benjamin Hochman
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...cle_2a3f9ad7-daae-5252-8ab5-fedff00abe1b.html

CINCINNATI • "As I sit postgame in the press box, overlooking the 100-yard chalk outline of the Rams’ season, I can’t help but think of Wes Welker and wonder — just what did this guy get himself into? The dude is a possible Hall of Famer, who thrived with Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, and yet, one concussion from retirement, he came back to join Nick Foles and the dang St. Louis Rams."

I thought this was kinda weird to see this sports writer Hochman, say exactly what I said, a day after I said it. When I saw the look on Welker's face during the game yesterday, I kinda knew what he might have been thinking. Poor guy. Poor me (a Rams fan). I hate when there's still 5 games left and by all logic, we're out of the playoffs.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I'm not trying to resurrect this thread, but I didn't know where else to post this.

I now feel complete apathy. I feel no strong desire to watch the game this week, I lost my interest. I don't know why, but I feel like it's a never ending mess that never seems to get better. This many years of losing will do that to you. I haven't even been visiting this forum very often, because I just lost interest in Rams news. I don't know what to do about it. I'll watch the game this week, but without the passion I had earlier this year and in previous seasons. I don't know why this season has been such a killer for me emotionally, but it has. Maybe because it started out pretty good. Oh well, there's always next year right?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Looks like Quinn packed it in!!!

Or perhaps the team doctors and coaches told him to "pack it in." :sneaky:

I'm not trying to resurrect this thread, but I didn't know where else to post this.

I now feel complete apathy. I feel no strong desire to watch the game this week, I lost my interest. I don't know why, but I feel like it's a never ending mess that never seems to get better. This many years of losing will do that to you. I haven't even been visiting this forum very often, because I just lost interest in Rams news. I don't know what to do about it. I'll watch the game this week, but without the passion I had earlier this year and in previous seasons. I don't know why this season has been such a killer for me emotionally, but it has. Maybe because it started out pretty good. Oh well, there's always next year right?

Totally understandable. Over the last ten years or so I've enjoyed the offseason more than the season. Lots of changes happen, hope is renewed, and then there's always the multitude of draft threads to enjoy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.