Official New Rams Coaching Staff Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting hire. He was on the Bucs with McVay so it makes sense, but I figured Pleasant or the Broncos guy would be DBs coach.

I think you're right. My guess is that Pleasant (Redskins) is the CB Coach, Brown (Broncos) is the safety coach, and Evaro (Packers) is the assistant DB Coach.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I think you're right. My guess is that Pleasant (Redskins) is the CB Coach, Brown (Broncos) is the safety coach, and Evaro (Packers) is the assistant DB Coach.

That'd make a lot of sense. I'd like that.

KOWALSKI

Rookie
we need another lb coach, right? wade always works with two. (inside and outside).
maybe the broncos guy will coach ilb?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
we need another lb coach, right? wade always works with two. (inside and outside).
maybe the broncos guy will coach ilb?

Chris Shula will fill that role.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

View: https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/828090287650009089?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Ejiro Evero (pronounced e-JEE-row EV-uh-row) begins his first season as the Packers’ defensive quality control coach after spending the previous five years on the San Francisco 49ers’ coaching staff.

Evero was named to his current position on Feb. 17, 2016, by Head Coach Mike McCarthy. Evero’s current role marks his third stint in the defensive quality control position. He works closely with defensive coordinator Dom Capers and is responsible for breaking down opponent game film and analyzing their offensive tendencies, playbook development, compiling team and player reports, and coordinating the opponent scout teams the starting defense will face at practice.

After joining San Francisco as a quality control coach (2011), Evero spent two seasons as an offensive assistant (2012-13). During this span, Evero was part of an offensive rushing attack that ranked fourth in 2012 (155.7 ypg) and third in 2013 (137.6 ypg) in the NFL in rushing yards per game. In 2012, the offensive unit ranked fifth in touchdown/interception ratio (2.88) and fourth in passer rating (101.2). Evero capped off his time with San Francisco serving as defensive assistant (2014-15), where he spent time assisting the linebacker position. Evero helped direct a defensive unit that finished fifth in both total defense (321.4 ypg) and pass defense (220.7 ypg) and ranked first in interceptions (23) in 2014.

Prior to his time with San Francisco, he spent the 2010 season at the University of Redlands as the special teams coordinator and safeties coach.

Evero broke into the NFL in Tampa Bay, where he served as the defensive quality control coach for three seasons (2007-09). In his first year with the Buccaneers, Evero was part of a staff that helped the defense rank second in the NFL in total defense (278.4 ypg) and first in pass defense (170.5 ypg). In 2008, he helped the defense finish in the top 10 in total defense for a second consecutive season, ranking ninth in the NFL (306.1 ypg).

Evero’s first job in the collegiate ranks came as an assistant coach (2005-06) at the University of California-Davis, where he helped lead the Aggies to the Great West Conference championship in 2005. Evero interned for the football program in 2004, while also serving as an assistant coach for the Davis High School junior varsity squad.

As a player, Evero lettered all four years as a safety at UC-Davis. A two-time captain for the Aggies, he was twice named a Division II All-American (2002-03). Evero signed with the Oakland Raiders as an undrafted free agent following his college career in 2004.

Born Jan. 6, 1981, in Colchester, England, and raised in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., Evero earned his MBA from National University in 2006. He was a three-sport standout at Alta Loma High School in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif. In addition to playing basketball his freshman year, Evero lined up at running back and linebacker while also running track all four years. He is single and resides in Suamico, Wis.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Perplexed by Ejiro Evaro being DB Coach, the Rams have hired Aubrey Pleasant & Samson Brown so unless Pleasant is going to have a more significant role (Assistant Defensive Coordinator/Secondary) I am unsure how this will play out. I do believe the Rams will have two DB Coaches (Safeties & Corners) but this will give them 3....Looking forward to doing a complete breakdown once McVay announces the complete staff which is scheduled for next week.

Ironically the Rams did have three defensive assistants overseeing the secondary under Fisher, Chuck Cecil was Senior Defensive Assistant, Dennard Wilson was Secondary Coach (Cornerbacks) & Brandon Fisher was Secondary Coach (Safeties) so it might be similar to this type of paradigm.

BTW the Title "Assistant Defensive Coordinator/Secondary" I just made up off the top of my head, not sure I have seen that title, but I am sure it exists.

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

View: https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/828090287650009089?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Ejiro Evero (pronounced e-JEE-row EV-uh-row) begins his first season as the Packers’ defensive quality control coach after spending the previous five years on the San Francisco 49ers’ coaching staff.

Evero was named to his current position on Feb. 17, 2016, by Head Coach Mike McCarthy. Evero’s current role marks his third stint in the defensive quality control position. He works closely with defensive coordinator Dom Capers and is responsible for breaking down opponent game film and analyzing their offensive tendencies, playbook development, compiling team and player reports, and coordinating the opponent scout teams the starting defense will face at practice.

After joining San Francisco as a quality control coach (2011), Evero spent two seasons as an offensive assistant (2012-13). During this span, Evero was part of an offensive rushing attack that ranked fourth in 2012 (155.7 ypg) and third in 2013 (137.6 ypg) in the NFL in rushing yards per game. In 2012, the offensive unit ranked fifth in touchdown/interception ratio (2.88) and fourth in passer rating (101.2). Evero capped off his time with San Francisco serving as defensive assistant (2014-15), where he spent time assisting the linebacker position. Evero helped direct a defensive unit that finished fifth in both total defense (321.4 ypg) and pass defense (220.7 ypg) and ranked first in interceptions (23) in 2014.

Prior to his time with San Francisco, he spent the 2010 season at the University of Redlands as the special teams coordinator and safeties coach.

Evero broke into the NFL in Tampa Bay, where he served as the defensive quality control coach for three seasons (2007-09). In his first year with the Buccaneers, Evero was part of a staff that helped the defense rank second in the NFL in total defense (278.4 ypg) and first in pass defense (170.5 ypg). In 2008, he helped the defense finish in the top 10 in total defense for a second consecutive season, ranking ninth in the NFL (306.1 ypg).

Evero’s first job in the collegiate ranks came as an assistant coach (2005-06) at the University of California-Davis, where he helped lead the Aggies to the Great West Conference championship in 2005. Evero interned for the football program in 2004, while also serving as an assistant coach for the Davis High School junior varsity squad.

As a player, Evero lettered all four years as a safety at UC-Davis. A two-time captain for the Aggies, he was twice named a Division II All-American (2002-03). Evero signed with the Oakland Raiders as an undrafted free agent following his college career in 2004.

Born Jan. 6, 1981, in Colchester, England, and raised in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., Evero earned his MBA from National University in 2006. He was a three-sport standout at Alta Loma High School in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif. In addition to playing basketball his freshman year, Evero lined up at running back and linebacker while also running track all four years. He is single and resides in Suamico, Wis.

Perplexed by Ejiro Evaro being DB Coach, the Rams have hired Aubrey Pleasant & Samson Brown so unless Pleasant is going to have a more significant role (Assistant Defensive Coordinator/Secondary) I am unsure how this will play out. I do believe the Rams will have two DB Coaches (Safeties & Corners) but this will give them 3....Looking forward to doing a complete breakdown once McVay announces the complete staff which is scheduled for next week.

Ironically the Rams did have three defensive assistants overseeing the secondary under Fisher, Chuck Cecil was Senior Defensive Assistant, Dennard Wilson was Secondary Coach (Cornerbacks) & Brandon Fisher was Secondary Coach (Safeties) so it might be similar to this type of paradigm.

BTW the Title "Assistant Defensive Coordinator/Secondary" I just made up off the top of my head, not sure I have seen that title, but I am sure it exists.
Sounds like he worked under some very good football staffs.
Also, growing up in Rancho Cucamonga automatically makes him Head Coaching material. I should know, I grew up and live in Rancho Cucamonga.;)

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Matt LaFleur, Rams have mutual interest, sources say
8:20 AM PT

Adam SchefterESPN Senior Writer

Not only is Atlanta poised to lose offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan to the San Francisco 49ers, but the Falcons also could be losing his logical replacement, quarterbacks coach Matt LaFleur, according to league sources.

The Los Angeles Rams will request permission to speak with LaFleur after Super Bowl LI, as new head coach Sean McVay tries to reunite with the coach he once worked with on the Washington Redskins, according to sources.

LaFleur is interested in going from Atlanta to Los Angeles to reunite with McVay, who views LaFleur as a man capable of helping him implement his offense and teaching former No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff how to shine in the NFL game.

Atlanta could try to keep LaFleur, but it has expressed interest in a more experienced playcaller, someone such as former 49ers head coach Chip Kelly.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Report: Rams want to interview Falcons’ QB coach for offensive coordinator job
Posted by Zac Jackson on February 5, 2017, 11:34 AM EST
CHARLOTTE, NC – NOVEMBER 16: An Atlanta Falcons helmet during their game against the Carolina Panthers at Bank of America Stadium on November 16, 2014 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Atlanta won 19-17. (Photo by Grant Halverson/Getty Images)

The Rams will seek permission to interview Falcons quarterbacks coach Matt LaFleur for their offensive coordinator position, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Sunday.

With Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan expected to be named head coach of the 49ers in the coming days, LaFleur could end up choosing between a promotion with the Falcons and going to the Rams, where he would work under new head coach Sean McVay.

McVay, Shanahan and LaFleur worked together with the Redskins. LaFleur is in his second season with the Falcons after spending 2014 as quarterbacks coach at Notre Dame. His first NFL job was in 2008 with the Texans.

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport tweeted that if LaFleur ends up with the Rams, former Eagles and 49ers head coach Chip Kelly “has a real chance” at becoming the offensive coordinator in Atlanta. Schefter’s report said Atlanta “has expressed interest” in Kelly.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...lcons-qb-coach-for-offensive-coordinator-job/

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I thought .... Atlanta put a halt to their Asst's leaving when they denied SF's request to interview him??

Yes, the rumor was they were not going to allow any assistants to go with Shanahan, but maybe Rams catch a break and they allow the Rams permission. Guess we will find out on Tuesday.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yes, the rumor was they were not going to allow any assistants to go with Shanahan, but maybe Rams catch a break and they allow the Rams permission. Guess we will find out on Tuesday.
I wish it was "Tuesday" already!! I want to see a formal announcement of the Rams entire coaching staff!!!!:dizzy::fuelfire:(y)

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That's really surprising. LaFleur had been attached at the hip with Shanahan for a long time. I'll be pretty surprised if he doesn't end up with Kyle Shanahan. But if he doesn't, that's even better for us.

It would also speak volumes about the relationships McVay makes unless the Falcons would deny permission to the 49ers and grant it to the Rams, which usually only happens if a team is in your division.

Again LaFleur did coach with McVay as well, but was brought to Atlanta by Shanahan, however, McVay & LaFleur are supposed to be close, I guess if the Falcons allow him to go we are about to find out how close.

Last edited: