Official New Rams Coaching Staff Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm hoping Mike Munchak...Feeling that's the type of guy McVay wants an OL/OC guy, JMHO..In Washington he worked in concert with OL Coach Bill Callahan, Munchak was hired by the Steelers in 2014 and most Assistants sign 3 year contracts so Munchak's contract would be up and if the Rams landed Munchak, it would be a major coup because IMHO best OL Coach in the NFL.
I'd love Munchak, just cant see him leaving Pittsburgh for an OC job. Its funny how we can find player contract/salaries no problem but cant find any info about a coach contract. I've found that many assistants sign 1 year deals, and higher powered guys sign for 2.
Munchak would be the bomb but would the Scranton PA raised, Penn State educated and lifelong Steelers fan head west leaving behind a job on a potential SB team? I don't think he needs the OC title to get in line for a HC job

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'd love Munchak, just cant see him leaving Pittsburgh for an OC job.

I can, Rams can pay him much more than the tight fisted Steelers and that is how you poach staffs now, you offer more money because what you pay your Assistants, does not count against the cap.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You guys haven't heard the news? Dan Snyder has decided to move the Redskins to LA.
Yeah... Kroenke's plan is to ultimately have six NFL teams play in his stadium.

Just sit back and let the money roll in! :LOL:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd love Munchak, just cant see him leaving Pittsburgh for an OC job. Its funny how we can find player contract/salaries no problem but cant find any info about a coach contract. I've found that many assistants sign 1 year deals, and higher powered guys sign for 2.
Munchak would be the bomb but would the Scranton PA raised, Penn State educated and lifelong Steelers fan head west leaving behind a job on a potential SB team? I don't think he needs the OC title to get in line for a HC job

I agree. Sounds too good to be true. Munchak is getting a promotion in title only. He's been a HC in the NFL. I don't see him leaving Pittsburgh unless he gets offered another HC job. JMO.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He grew up there. I'm sure he's fine with the weather. I doubt money is an issue either at this point in his career.

I grew up in New York and I detest the winter....Anyway it might not be Munchak, however, he fits the profile that I believe McVay would like with his offense.

Zero

Pro Bowler
He grew up there. I'm sure he's fine with the weather. I doubt money is an issue either at this point in his career.
Come on Jrry. Why you gotta be Captain Shootdown?:neener:
It could happen.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Rams' fanbase right now:
RcBFNBT.gif

:LOL:

Put me on the "YES!" crew.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yeah... Kroenke's plan is to ultimately have six NFL teams play in his stadium.

Just sit back and let the money roll in! :LOL:
The NFC will eventually be realigned again.
The Kroenke division. Jerry Jones will get his own division too of course.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I just asked Cole on twitter if his sources are legit. That's twice now, yet no whispers anywhere else.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I just asked Cole on twitter if his sources are legit. That's twice now, yet no whispers anywhere else.

Hmm...Then why not hire him? He's not with another team, unless they are waiting to check with somebody else. IDK, maybe they will announce Kromer later today because the Rams are on the West Coast, where the sun sets.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I want the Rams to at the very least interview Norv Turner for the OC position.

Never going to happen.
While Norv's system is similar to the one McVay wants to run, it is different.
And why would Norv even interview for a position where he WILL NOT call the plays?