Official "Did you know?" thread (aka Rams Trivia)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
First, let me begin by pointing out how misinformed the NFL is. This is from NFL.com.

Hvw1PLa.jpg

"Did you know" that they actually WEREN'T related, NFL.com? Derrrp.
And that's how this thread should go. If you know something about the Rams, or about a player or coach, that you don't think anyone else might know, then feel free to tell us about it. So, whatchu got?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess everybody already knows everything.

Like ......

The Rams drafted Doug Flutie.
Or that Bobby Beathard's younger brother once played for the Rams.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't think the NFL is saying they were related. They're saying that they would take Jack Youngblood over his teammate and the man people often mistake as his brother, meaning they're not related....

As for fun facts.... I know that anything I say, people will know it, everyone here knows pretty much everything about the team. :razzed:

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
Did you know that the first player to block a punt for the Rams in St. Louis was also the first player to score a touchdown for them and that it happened in the same (first) game?

How about that the player was Isaac Bruce?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
The 1950 Rams hold the record for most Points Per Game scoring 466 points in 12 games for an average of 38.83 ppg.

Im sure many of you know that and i don't think it is the first time i saw it, but i can't be sure. Still an amazing stat to hold up through all these years with teams like the 99'-01' Rams, 07' Patsies, etc.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
I don't think the NFL is saying they were related. They're saying that they would take Jack Youngblood over his teammate and the man people often mistake as his brother, meaning they're not related....

As for fun facts.... I know that anything I say, people will know it, everyone here knows pretty much everything about the team. :razzed:
Yeah, you're right. I read it wrong.
Why can't I ever prove the NFL wrong about something? :wahhh:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Did you know:
Lawrence Phillips had a terrible left hook and his girlfrind was actually ahead on points in their first fight when he had his trainer cut his glove drank from a brown bottle and scored a TKO in the seventh round.

Really?
I didn't either

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
PrometheusFaulk said:
Did you know that the first player to block a punt for the Rams in St. Louis was also the first player to score a touchdown for them and that it happened in the same (first) game?

How about that the player was Issac Bruce?
I actually did not know that.
Coolness.

Did you know that Isaac is spelled with two A's, and not two S's?
:razzed:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:
Coolness.

:rofl:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
In 1998, June Henley led the Rams in rushing yards, totaling an amazing 313 rushing yards.

Also, the 98' Rams had six different players rush for more than 100 yards with each scoring 2 or more td's.

Now that is a RB by committee approach lol

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
X said:
PrometheusFaulk said:

How about that the player was Issac Bruce?
Coolness.

D'oh!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Did you know

Cleveland Rams (1936–1945) [edit]

The Cleveland Rams were founded by attorney Homer Marshman in 1936. Their name, the Rams, comes from the nickname of Fordham University. "Rams" was selected to honor the hard work of the football players that came out of that university. They were part of the newly formed American Football League and finished the 1936 regular season in second place with a 5–2–2 record, trailing only the 8–3 record of league champion

Lending more cred. to my Xavier Martin RB Fordham as OUR X in the ABC's thread :cool:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Y'all made me curious so I stumbled across a story about the Rams moving from the AFL to the NFL in their 2nd season. Ironically, their replacement team in the AFL, the Los Angeles Bulldogs won the AFL championship that year.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
"Did you know" that actor and comedian Terry Crews played for the LA Rams during his rookie season of 1991?

everybody-hates-chris-crews59.jpg

EastRam

Pro Bowler
You guys remember Dale Hatcher the All American/Pro Bowl Rams Punter.

I played golf with him and Harry Newsome (All Pro punter and friend of Dales) from the Steelers one summer in a foursome, a buddy of mine put together.

Anyho..Dale was playing a game of pickup softball down in Fla. during the offseason and blew out his knee. That was the end of his playing days. Sucked.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did you know:
The Rams in 1962 had two of the top three picks in the NFL Draft and select Quarterback Roman Gabriel and Defensive Tackle Merlin Olsen. The two would go on to star for the Rams for the next decade. However, their first season was one to forget as the Rams only win one game in a miserable 1-12-1 season. :nono:

Did you know that Roman Gabriel played a native on Gilligan's Island? He threw a coconut pass to Ginger in the grass hut on the 40 yard line!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:
I guess everybody already knows everything.

Like ......

The Rams drafted Doug Flutie.
Or that Bobby Beathard's younger brother once played for the Rams.

Do you ever wonder what would have happened if he hadn't gone to the USFL?

I don't.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
RamsSince1969 said:
Did you know:
The Rams in 1962 had two of the top three picks in the NFL Draft and select Quarterback Roman Gabriel and Defensive Tackle Merlin Olsen. The two would go on to star for the Rams for the next decade. However, their first season was one to forget as the Rams only win one game in a miserable 1-12-1 season. :nono:

Did you know that Roman Gabriel played a native on Gilligan's Island? He threw a coconut pass to Ginger in the grass hut on the 40 yard line!

He also did a Burger King commercial.

[youtubemobile]http://m.youtube.com/#/watchv=hngIzzQ0XZc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DhngIzzQ0XZc[/youtubemobile]

Damn ipad I still can't get it to embed YouTube shit.

Also Merlin Olsen did a ketchup commercial. I remember seeing it.....it's actually one of my very earliest childhood memories.

X can you fix the you tuber thing.....and did you delete my sheep shearing vid? :hehe:

MOD EDIT: Les, PhxRam hooked you up with you a new BBCode to embed those videos of yours from iPad - [YouTubeMobile][/YouTubeMobile]

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
LesBaker said:
RamsSince1969 said:
Did you know:

He also did a Burger King commercial.

[youtubemobile]http://m.youtube.com/#/watchv=hngIzzQ0XZc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DhngIzzQ0XZc[/youtubemobile]

Damn ipad I still can't get it to embed YouTube shit.

Also Merlin Olsen did a ketchup commercial. I remember seeing it.....it's actually one of my very earliest childhood memories.

X can you fix the you tuber thing.....and did you delete my sheep shearing vid? :hehe:

MOD EDIT: Les, PhxRam hooked you up with you a new BBCode to embed those videos of yours from iPad - [YouTubeMobile][/YouTubeMobile]

Ok thanks.....but that isn't the Burger King commercial embedded above lol.

[youtubemobile]http://m.youtube.com/#/watchv=IFFi3ILvWVo&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DIFFi3ILvWVo[/youtubemobile]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LesBaker said:
Ok thanks.....but that isn't the Burger King commercial embedded above lol.

[youtubemobile]http://m.youtube.com/#/watchv=IFFi3ILvWVo&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DIFFi3ILvWVo[/youtubemobile]
It's still the code you posted though.
So, I say again, "Go home, Les ... you're drunk."