Official Bold Predictions Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol my predictions seemed a lot more bold in the past. Guaranteed Blake Bortles would be a first round pick at QB in December of 2012. But now that's a near lock. Had Donald ranked in my top 10 prospects in this draft back before the Senior Bowl. But now it seems like everyone is jumping on that bandwagon too. :LOL:

So I guess I'll try to make another bold prediction...Teddy Bridgewater becomes a top 7 NFL QB within the next 5 years. A prediction that will have the chance to be proven or debunked sooner? Mike Evans runs a 4.50 40...give or take .03 seconds.(so 4.47 to 4.53 is the range) This silences many of the people who question his speed.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'll play! (strictly hypothetical)

My bold prediction is Clowney lights up the combine and does well in the interviews. In doing so, the Texans get Ryan Mallet and draft Clowney #1 overall.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Another bold prediction:

Jadeveon Clowney does so well with his interviews that he decides to skip the NFL and go straight into broadcasting. ESPN immediately signs him up to host his own show on which he chats with top sports and pop culture personalities. The title, Clownin' with Clowney.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some pretty good predictions, fellas.

I'll go out on a second limb here and say the Rams will select their qb of the future by selecting Jimmy Garoppolo with one of their eventual 2 second rounders... which will then be followed by a massive wave of server errors on every Rams fan boards:sneaky::sneaky:

jjab360

Legend
Rams sign Bradford to a contract extension soon after training camp starts

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Lol my predictions seemed a lot more bold in the past. Guaranteed Blake Bortles would be a first round pick at QB in December of 2012. But now that's a near lock. Had Donald ranked in my top 10 prospects in this draft back before the Senior Bowl. But now it seems like everyone is jumping on that bandwagon too. :LOL:

So I guess I'll try to make another bold prediction...Teddy Bridgewater becomes a top 7 NFL QB within the next 5 years. A prediction that will have the chance to be proven or debunked sooner? Mike Evans runs a 4.50 40...give or take .03 seconds.(so 4.47 to 4.53 is the range) This silences many of the people who question his speed.

And now the Seahawks are in love with Donald :eek:.

Rams get Watkins and Pryor. They become the rookies of the year on offense and defense.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
With the 10th pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the St. Louis Rams select Jake Matthews, offensive tackle from Texas A&M.

Bank on it!!!!!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Mike Evans just ran his 40. 4.50. Hit the nail on the head. :D

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Some team will trade up for Sammy Watkins and Jeff Fisher will be slamming his glasses on the table...again.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Rams trade down. Draft Jake Mathews.

Not sure that qualifies as bold. But I'm sticking with it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some team will trade up for Sammy Watkins and Jeff Fisher will be slamming his glasses on the table...again.

Because he realizes that he'll have to trade up from #13 in order to get Evans. ;)

bluecoconuts

Legend

If we really want him I would say trade down no further than 4, take him there and then take a tackle with our other pick.

That's if we want him that badly.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The Rams draft Clowney at #4 then trade #13, 26, and their second to move up to 6 and take Robinson.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
1. Rams will trade back from #2 with the Falcons to #6.
2. Watkins will not run under a 4.35 at the combine
3. The first round of the NFL draft will breakdown as follows - 4 QB's, 5 OT's(Martin included), 1 OG, 4 WR's, 1 TE, 5 DT's, 3 DE's, 3 CB's, 2 Safeties, 1 ILB, 3 OLB's
4. More CB's will be selected in the draft than WR's.
5. The Bills will select a defensive player at #9.
6. The Raiders will select a Defensive player at #5.
7. Neither Robinson nor Matthews will be selected in the top 5.
8. The Browns will not select Bridgewater, Bortles or Manziel.

Thats all I got for now, I will think of more before the draft I'm sure. Hard to make projections for the combine.

Let's see how I did......

1. Wrong
2. Correct
3. Wrong
4. Wrong(but barely. 34 WR's, 33 CB's)
5. Wrong
6. Correct
7. Wrong...
8. Wrong, though it was meant with their first pick, wrong regardless.

so 2/8...not to shabby...cough...cough...

I can't be perfect all the time damnit!!!!!! How'd you weasels do?