Official Bears@Rams Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting stat of the night. This is the Rams best record after 9 games under Fisher at 4-5. Previous best was 3-5-1 his first year here.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Remember when our fourth leading receiver would have 564 yards? Yeah, those were the days

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Bottom line. There is no NFL team that makes the playoffs without a legitimate Quarterback. That hasn't happened since the Ravens/Dilfer Superbowl. Look at every playoff team of the last few years. They all have good QBs.

This team wont be a serious contender until they find their QB. I don't think anyone really thought Foles was that guy. I don't think anyone thinks that Mannion is that guy either. The coming seasons all depend on one player that is not on currently on the team.

Maybe so but there are other organizations like the Browns who fill their stadium, so that excuse is invalid.

Just an aside here. I believe that it is difficult for any franchise that does not have a long history in a city to have a very sound fanbase. Those things take generations to build. They take tradition and family. If the Rams could have avoided complete disaster in St. Louis after the GSOT then maybe they would be on their way but the long stretch of failure over a very brief success delays such tradition building and fan following. Moving is never a good thing for a team. The Rams should have stuck it out in LA. Now they should stick it out in St. Louis. If they move anywhere it has to be LA where they still have fans. Either way they will suffer up and down attendance until they have some sustainable success in the same city for a few decades.

Personally, Doc, I think Fisher needs to step up and make a big stink about Tripleshit. That game resembled a fix. He should be suspended for that travesty.

Not to brag but I called it. Not that it was too hard. Triplette seemingly hates Fisher and Zimmers rant about the Rams being dirty, one week before, just fueled the flames of Triplettes fire of hatred towards our team/coach. That is why I picked the Bears to win the game. I can't recall any fairly called game by Triplette when he has reffed the Rams games.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I don't think anyone really thought Foles was that guy.

I did. I mean, who knew for sure? The man has had success in the past. To see this happen was hard to imagine, at least for me.

I don't think anyone thinks that Mannion is that guy either.

He was successful in college. Why not at the pro level? We won't know for sure until he gets his opportunity.

The coming seasons all depend on one player that is not on currently on the team.

The coming seasons depend on an O-line that can stay healthy and block, receivers that can get open and catch the ball, and a coaching staff that knows what it's doing - how to develop the players they have and come up with game plans that maximize their player's strengths and minimize their weaknesses. So far none of that is in place. Getting the right QB is hugely important but is only part of the solution.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The coming seasons depend on an O-line that can stay healthy and block, receivers that can get open and catch the ball, and a coaching staff that knows what it's doing - how to develop the players they have and come up with game plans that maximize their player's strengths and minimize their weaknesses. So far none of that is in place. Getting the right QB is hugely important but is only part of the solution.

It is the Main piece to the puzzle. I agree with the rest, but like I said, playoff teams have good QBs.

I am only guessing of course, along with what I saw of his college time, but I don't think Mannion is the answer and if he was the answer then he would be getting more practice time than he is. Good QBs have a way of showing up. Here is an opportunity for him to make his debut and he is not even in the conversation.

I don't think our playoff winning QB is on the roster and I don't think many other fans here think he is either. If it is Foles then he would still be on the Eagles. Teams don't give up top QBs that easily. The Rams need a QB and it all starts there no matter how much better the receivers run routes or an OC maximizes players abilities.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The Rams need a QB and it all starts there no matter how much better the receivers run routes or an OC maximizes players abilities.

This is where we disagree. We will find out on Sunday if Keenum can make a difference and sustain it throughout the rest of the season. Plug in Brady or any top-notch NFL QB behind the Rams O-line, with those receivers, along with the playcalling, and if they have continual success then I would agree with you. But from watching football over lo these many years, I doubt that would happen.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
This is where we disagree. We will find out on Sunday if Keenum can make a difference and sustain it throughout the rest of the season. Plug in Brady or any top-notch NFL QB behind the Rams O-line, with those receivers, along with the playcalling, and if they have continual success then I would agree with you. But from watching football over lo these many years, I doubt that would happen.

Have you seen what Brady has been working with the last 2 weeks? Their oline is in shambles, heck Stork came off the IR and played RT his first game back. He is a center by trade. They have 3 rookies in Mason, Jackson and Andrews starting with Stork a 2nd year guy. And really outside of Gronk there are no real stars at the skill position, some would say Edelman (who is hurt now) but he was a college QB.

The mess with their oline has been going on all year and Brady is far in away the best QB this year.