Offensive Holding Penalties

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rick6fan

UDFA
How many offensive holding penalties have our defensive line drawn this year? I can only think of one to go along with our one sack. That seems like an awfully small number considering how good Quinn is. Do we miss Long that much?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
There have been 5 penalties that they've drawn, and 15 that went uncalled (by my estimate).

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think Long is missed quite a bit but I also think the other guys have got to step up their game and get it done. Quinn ha been taking an extremely deep upfield rush and not getting that bend around the corner that he has in the past. Don't know if that is scheme or regression or what. I don't think our guys have suddenly forgoten how to rush or that they do not try as hard as last year.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
The Eagles had 2 false starts, one illegal motion, and a defensive pass interference called against them. I think that there has only been one offensive holding called against an opponent all year.

rick6fan

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you. I thought for a minute I was going crazy, before realizing I already am....

iced

one actually called, plenty that haven't been

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
http://www.nflpenalties.com/
Rams opponents have been called for holding 5 times. Pretty close to average.
Overall, however, Rams opponents have been called for 18 penalties total, which is least in the NFL.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
There have been 5 penalties that they've drawn, and 15 that went uncalled (by my estimate).

Didnt Fisher say there were 12 not called just in the Dallas game alone?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
The Eagles had 2 false starts, one illegal motion, and a defensive pass interference called against them. I think that there has only been one offensive holding called against an opponent all year.

Actually, I'm thinking there was one false start the Eagles got away with which they wish they hadn't - watch the LT on the play that Gaines made the pick. He clearly moved early. For once we benefitted from a missed call.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Like I've said before, if Quinn isn't getting sacks, the refs aren't calling the holds. Quinn is the best edge rusher in the league, there is no other explanation.

image.jpg

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Actually, I'm thinking there was one false start the Eagles got away with which they wish they hadn't - watch the LT on the play that Gaines made the pick. He clearly moved early. For once we benefitted from a missed call.
The LOT moved early on almost every pass play and some runs.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
It would be interesting to look at the 10 or so that were uncalled, and to determine the game situation (down & distance, score, clock, etc) at the time. In other words, how many of those non-calls directly impacted score changes? I think it would be interesting to perform that analysis league-wide. I betcha someone in Vegas has done it.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
http://www.nflpenalties.com/
Rams opponents have been called for holding 5 times. Pretty close to average.
Overall, however, Rams opponents have been called for 18 penalties total, which is least in the NFL.
So they've been called for holding 2.6 times more often when playing other teams ,how is that the least when you say 1.25 times per game is about average?
I don't see holding differentiated there either.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I'm ready for "no rules" football, where the refs are only there to:
  1. Officiate down and distance
  2. Spot the ball
  3. Call TDs and FGs
  4. Call the only penalty, crossing the line of scrimmage before the snap
Of course, I still think the Rams would still get screwed in how the refs would spot the ball.