Off season trade for Carr?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you compare Carr numbers (excluding wins) with Bradford rookie numbers, they are almost identical.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I don't mind the idea of a trade, but getting another team's starting qb just won't happen (unless they are seriously disenfranchised). Best bet would be to find a second or third stringer who is promising but hopelessly buried on the depth chart behind a beloved and entrenched #1 qb. Someone like... ummm...

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
A couple firsts and a second get it done before the draft.

He's not going to be top tier anyway. He's not as good as his brother, how did that work out.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I can see it happening if Oakland can't get value for that first pick and decides like we did when we picked Bradford that the only way to get value from that pick was to take Winston and trade Carr.
I think someone will give them close to the same for either and possibly more for Carr than Winston,what then?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't get the Carr love at this point.

Haha The dude got some wheels but he has a Jamarcus Russel and RGKnee written all over him... no thank you to a QB going to be sidelined early for running the ball when she should of been throwing it.

Except Winston isn't a running QB. He has 126 rushes in his first two years at FSU...which counts sacks. Andrew Luck ran the ball 116 times in his first two years at Stanford...nobody would consider him a running QB.

Athos

Legend

Rocket arm and doesn't take sacks. Good things to work with. Though, I really don't think you can evaluate him that well since his RBs have been shit all year and his WRs not much better. Old James Jones is the best he's got.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
It would be a good trade for the Rams but a crappy one for the Raiders don't you think? Did you see the 90 yard TD run by their young stud RB? Have you seen Carr start every game this year and show he has great potential? Trades have to be good for both parties, even the Raiders aren't that dumb.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The only off season trade that the rams should make is to trade up to get Wiston. Snead/Fisher did a great job of getting a lot of draft picks and finding good talent with them. Now they should focus on getting quality over quantity.

Wiston or bust!
winstontdrunomg.gif

One thing we know about QB's in the NFL. If they try that shit they are usually carted off the field. It NEVER plays in the big leagues.

WoodsideRam

Rookie
I'm not sold on Carr yet. Strong arm but he should've thrown two picks last night if the Chiefs defenders could hold on to the ball. He doesn't set his feet on a lot of his throws. He gets happy feet.

Also his yards per attempt is below 6. Under 7 is considered bad. Under 6? That's beyond terrible. He's checking down all day.

Too early to tell with him.

fearsomefour

Legend
If the Rams keep winning and finish, say 8-8 or 9-7, they will have to move up way too far to land a top rated QB. Have to give up too much. I don't see it happening.
Carr reminds me of a young Jim Everett a bit. Some happy feet back there, a bit of a "non' over the top delivery, big arm.

fearsomefour

Legend
There are only a few positions worth drafting 1 overall (or really top 5) imho....QB, LT, pass rusher. Oakland has a QB. I think they will be looking to trade this offseason but trade down out of the one spot. They have a lot of needs and a good cap situation that can absorb a lot of picks.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I don't mind the idea of a trade, but getting another team's starting qb just won't happen (unless they are seriously disenfranchised). Best bet would be to find a second or third stringer who is promising but hopelessly buried on the depth chart behind a beloved and entrenched #1 qb. Someone like... ummm...

Expanding the list to:
  • career backups who never really had a shot like Shaun Hill but younger, or
  • young guys like an Austin Davis but with more potential who've been around for a few years and could never break through where they were but could emerge in the right system

Landry Jones
Derek Anderson
Jimmy Clausen
Dan Orlovsky
Chase Daniel
Charlie Whitehurst
Kirk Cousins (now that McCoy has passed him)

Others?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm not sold on Carr yet. Strong arm but he should've thrown two picks last night if the Chiefs defenders could hold on to the ball. He doesn't set his feet on a lot of his throws. He gets happy feet.

Also his yards per attempt is below 6. Under 7 is considered bad. Under 6? That's beyond terrible. He's checking down all day.

Too early to tell with him.

One thing that ALWAYS worries me about guys with powerful arms is that they too often think "I can get it there" and they throw INT's or have passes defended. It's a hard habit to break too..........it's ruined some careers.

I doubt if the Raiders are going to trade a guy that seems to be a quality starter.

Irish

Starter
I like that Rodgers kid in Green Bay. Looks like a real player.

Maybe start with Green Bay?

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
IF a guy past 7th grade doesn't have the sense to refrain from standing up on a table in the school cafeteria,not under the influence , and shout, f--- her in the p---y,I get the impression his impulse control is so lacking I don't even want him as the face of the franchise, what is more I have serious doubts Stan Kroenke would either ,further Fisher has already had a QB with some of the same off field behaviors Winston indulges himself in foisted upon him . It is my sense of it all that Fisher doesn't want a QB who acts like a diva receiver.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
After having about 15 QB's that suck, it would be utterly stupid for the Raiders to trade Carr. They can now build around a good QB!

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
After having about 15 QB's that suck, it would be utterly stupid for the Raiders to trade Carr. They can now build around a good QB!
So considering their track record you're saying it's a sure thing?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

Except Winston isn't a running QB. He has 126 rushes in his first two years at FSU...which counts sacks. Andrew Luck ran the ball 116 times in his first two years at Stanford...nobody would consider him a running QB.
I do.
It's not likely to happen. But fun to speculate.
Just like mock drafts. People with wants and ideas thinking out loud.

I would love Carr. Taking in consideration of where and whom he's playing with, he has tons of potential.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would love Carr. Taking in consideration of where and whom he's playing with, he has tons of potential.

Well, that's the point really. Why would the Raiders let THAT GUY go? It just doesnt make any sense, for them. He's got a good shot a OROY. Has an OROY ever been traded the following season?