Off season trade for Carr?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Hey gents!
Just finished watching the game tonight like a lot of you have. What do you think of Carr? Dude is a beast and young!

I think most of us can state as we sit right now we obviously are a steady QB play away from the playoffs. (And maybe a few interior OL) If our lead wasn't blown by 6 defensive touchdowns where we had a lead we'd be sitting at 6-4 or 7-3.

Obviously I'm not a FO guy that makes personal decisions but how about we make a trade for Derek Carr?

Trade a second, Langford and Zac Stacy. Or something along those lines?! Dude has decent to good arm strength and the biggest thing is he'll be under the rookie scale.

They are going to be poised to take a top QB prospect anyways and would be grit from the extra pick, and players plus their own picks.
Anyone feel the same way or where we would be able to put together a package for him? ( not a first!)

P.s. Having Carr, a restructured Bradford, and either Hill or Davis going into next season would be ideal plus very salary cap friendly!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
The Raiders would ABSOLUTELY be stupid to get rid of Carr. Winston and Mariota may be good prospects but they're also unproven commodities. He's ascending well and will only continue to get better.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
The Raiders would ABSOLUTELY be stupid to get rid of Carr. Winston and Mariota may be good prospects but they're also unproven commodities. He's ascending well and will only continue to get better.
Sooooo what your saying is it might happen than?

Corbin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Raiders would ABSOLUTELY be stupid to get rid of Carr.
Yes but this is the Raiders we are talking about! Lol and tell me Winston isn't Raider material?

Corbin

Why would Oakland trade Carr?
samr reason you traded the RG3 pick off... To help the team overall plus they can get a top prospect and new coaching staff coming in next year or FO. Having Carr could be a real possibility.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
The only off season trade that the rams should make is to trade up to get Wiston. Snead/Fisher did a great job of getting a lot of draft picks and finding good talent with them. Now they should focus on getting quality over quantity.

Wiston or bust!
winstontdrunomg.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Carr is not going anywhere. Nobody in the NFL would take a good young QB that has proven that he can handle being an NFL QB and trading him so they can pick one that hasn't.

The Raiders are fortunate that they found what seems to be a good NFL QB. QB is the most covetted commodity in the league.

The only off season trade that the rams should make is to trade up to get Wiston. Snead/Fisher did a great job of getting a lot of draft picks and finding good talent with them. Now they should focus on getting quality over quantity.

Wiston or bust!
winstontdrunomg.gif

Would love it if we traded up for Winston then he continues being the baby door that he is, it would set our franchise back to mid 00s level.

A55VA6

Legend
The Raiders would be idiots to trade him. I'd be cool with it, but isn't going to happen lol.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I still think we should draft Sean Mannion...

Unless we can snag Aaron Murray away from the Chiefs. I think he will be the best QB in this past draft once its all said and done.

A55VA6

Legend

Wiston or bust!
winstontdrunomg.gif
The more I've watched Winston, the more I want him. The problem is if we get on a hot streak to finish the season, the Rams would have to trade up in the draft and I'm not sure they'd be willing to give up that much unless they're confident he's good enough to be in a Rams uniform 10 years from now.

Corbin

Wiston or bust!
winstontdrunomg.gif

Haha The dude got some wheels but he has a Jamarcus Russel and RGKnee written all over him... no thank you to a QB going to be sidelined early for running the ball when she should of been throwing it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Already visited this, but maybe Indy would trade us Luck, or GB trade us ARod, that'd be sweet, now I'm going to get my munchie meal, BRB.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
If the the Raiders were stupid enough to consider it. Then yes throw them a package they would be happy with and get him.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I'm not overly impressed with Carr or Winston and wouldn't give much for either of them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
samr reason you traded the RG3 pick off... To help the team overall plus they can get a top prospect and new coaching staff coming in next year or FO. Having Carr could be a real possibility.
Trading a pick and trading a player is 2 completely different actions.
I'm sure Oakland would be interested in a trade offer for Carr if it involved multiple picks including at least 1 first rounder. Carr has outplayed his draft position as he at the very least has proved to be a solid NFL starter at this point.
Again if Oakland has the ability to draft Winston, I'd imagine they would get much more (see RGIII trade) for Winston than they would for Carr.
Doesn't make any sense