Off and def. player of game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Goff and Tru....
With a special one for McVay.
Or as my wife said, "That Justin Timberlake looking coach did a good job."

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
"Our pursuit of excellence is going to be daily and it is going to apply to everything that we do"

The Coaching staff.
Goff
Kupp
Watkins
Woods
Tyrunn Walker
Tru
Joyner (who many doubted - played a pretty good game)
Hekker
Greg the Leg

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Goff and Tru

And Hekker

You beat me to it. At some point Hekker has to be mentioned. I catch grief when I bring this up, but since joining the team, I believe he has been the Rams best player. Game in and game out, he amazes me. He has been the most consistent player who has had about as much to do w/ the handful of victories over the last 6 seasons as anybody.

His stats today:
5 kicks
43.6 avg, 47 long
And ALL 5 kicks landed inside the 20.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Honorable mentions:
Quinn and Joyner had me breathing a sigh of relief because I was concerned about their new roles. Quinn was relentless and Joyner played more closer to the LOS than I thought he would--that's a good thing. Joyner made some unbelievable plays.

Let's not forget about our new weapons. Watkins is gonna breakout sooner or later. You can just feel it. Anybody following the NFL still need to know who Kupp is? 2 spectacular catches that he somehow made easy. I actually remember thinking both times, "he's gonna catch that."

fearsomefour

Legend
You beat me to it. At some point Hekker has to be mentioned. I catch grief when I bring this up, but since joining the team, I believe he has been the Rams best player. Game in and game out, he amazes me. He has been the most consistent player who has had about as much to do w/ the handful of victories over the last 6 seasons as anybody.

His stats today:
5 kicks
43.6 avg, 47 long
And ALL 5 kicks landed inside the 20.
He is great.
Several times this offseason when trade speculation came up I said three players on the Rams were untouchable. Donald, Ogletree and Hekker.
Others to be added soon it appears....

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Tru/Joyner and Goff/Kupp. Plenty of accolades to go around. The OL did a hell of a job keeping a clean pocket most of the night too. Special teams were spot on in all phases, well, except Tavon had some difficulties. Great team win. Watkins,Woods, and Everett had great catches. Gurley played hard. DL held up their end of the bargain as well.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
maybe not a game ball ... but i feel like Higbee deserves a mention .. he has caught some flack on this board all preseason mostly for his run blocking ..." he doesnt have the want " well there were a few plays he stonewalled his guy and i believe there was one play he drove his guy right off the field (just went and checked it was on the Austin sweep ) ... and then on a pass to Watkins about 7 minutes into the 2nd qtr he lays a hat on a blitzer that if he doesn't make the block Goff is sacked

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
See I thought Sully was the worst of the OLine today. Saw him blown up multiple times and he tried his best to sail some shotgun snaps over Goffs head.
Did you notice Sully Push Brown in for the TD!? He re-cooped his Cred's on that Play!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
So hard to highlight just one from all sides of the ball.

But It will have to go to:

ST: Hekker - the guy is a machine, to punish the opposition like he does must be soul destroying for them.
O: Goff - he ran that offense like a pro and did some stunning throws. But there were so many to choose from
D: TruJo - I have openly criticised him in the past and I called for him to prove his worth to this team in the offseason. Well, the guy just plain and simple did it.

Hon. mentions.
Smart & Kupp

As @fanotodd said - Watkins is going to dominate soon - he just has that air about him

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Offense..Jared Goff, he was the calm that directed the storm.

Defense...Trumaine Johnson....Been a pro's pro and I truly wish the Rams could extend him.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
See I thought Sully was the worst of the OLine today. Saw him blown up multiple times and he tried his best to sail some shotgun snaps over Goffs head.

Running plays? Thought our pass pro was pretty solid. A lot of our runs did not look good at all.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Naturally I would lean towards the linemen. DL'er Michael Brockers had an outstanding game. MB played both NT & DE. Some of his best play came when he was line up @ both DE posts. Ethan Westbrooks was not far behind him either.

Hands down Jared Goff was the offensive star...He's finally on the road to make me eat my words :Dwhen Snead gave away the treasury when we traded for him.