Of interest - Wes Welker signs with Denver

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'll get a link as soon as I can find one - Just had a text off a colleague!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Source : Adam Schefter

Wes Welker lands a two-year, $12 million deal from the Broncos. Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Wes Welker. Have fun, Peyton.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
This is GREAT news! I live in N.E. and the media and fans are freaking out! They're pissed because Welker gave the Cheatriots a chance to match the offer and they wouldn't give a player like Welker 6mil a year.

There's few things I love more then listening to the local talk show radio after a Pats loss or any bad news. They squeal like pigs around here. :sly:

Is that wrong? Ha, ha!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Afro Ram said:
This is GREAT news! I live in N.E. and the media and fans are freaking out! They're pissed because Welker gave the Cheatriots a chance to match the offer and they wouldn't give a player like Welker 6mil a year.

There's few things I love more then listening to the local talk show radio after a Pats loss or any bad news. They squeal like pigs around here. :sly:

Is that wrong? Ha, ha!

Bask in the glory my friend - but it looks like they're going to pursue Amendola like a dog with a bone now...

A55VA6

Legend
If Danny doesn't sign with Patriots I cans ee him coming back to us.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
This is awesome news. Now Welker gets to play with a real QB :)

If Cheatriots wouldn't pay $6M per year to Welker, how much they going to offer Amendola? And why would the Rams let him leave for that amount? I say Amendola stays, AND we draft Tavon Austin.

[mp3]http://soundfxcenter.com/movies/cars/65a5cb_Cars_Lightning_Ka-chow_Sound_Effect.mp3[/mp3]

[tweet]311939443009388544[/tweet]

Amendola, Austin, Cook, Givens, oh, and this guy..... now we're talkin'!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxIPpulAqPo[/youtube]

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Afro Ram said:

Is that wrong? Ha, ha!
I also live in Patriots land and you should hear the phone calls coming in and what was being said on the sports radio. Almost all of them blame Belicheat for being too stupid to not sign him three years ago. It's great hearing them turn on their hero.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
shaunpinney said:
Afro Ram said:

Is that wrong? Ha, ha!

Bask in the glory my friend - but it looks like they're going to pursue Amendola like a dog with a bone now...

I seriously hope not. Danny is a great player who would never get any love up here. The Pat fans would just hate on him no matter how good he played, just because he's not Wes Welker.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
brokeu91 said:
Afro Ram said:

Is that wrong? Ha, ha!
I also live in Patriots land and you should hear the phone calls coming in and what was being said on the sports radio. Almost all of them blame Belicheat for being too stupid to not sign him three years ago. It's great hearing them turn on their hero.

I know, isn't it great! The truth is, it IS Belicheks fault. I'd bet anything he's trying to low ball all these FA with low offers thinking that someone will play for them, because they will have a greater chance at winning a ring.

I think the players are starting to wise up about the Cheaters, and the crappy way they treat they're players. They're going to be scrambeling for players soon or they're going to have to vastly over pay for the left overs and I'm loving every second of it!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
2 years at $6M each seems very reasonable for a player his calibre. Short term deal = low risk.

I'm surprised the Pats let him walk.

Good deal for Denver.

jap

Legend
The Pats have been doing what Eddie DeBartolo's 49ers used to do, offer positions to FA's at sub-standard rates for the chance at Super Bowl glory. Only the Pats haven't won any Bowls in a while so that tactic is getting less effective by the minute.

After how they have treated Wes, don't be surprised to see players deserting the U.S.S. Patriots like rats leaving a sinking ship.