Odell Beckham available for trade?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
We got Brandin Cooks?

Hey. Odell....

odell.gif

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I dunno if that should be for Odell or Dave Gettleman.

NY had a legit option for OBJ, but it seems more and more that they were trying to use a threat of a trade to extract concessions.

I've seen the Giants situation before...where...hmm....

open-uri20150422-12561-a7aruk_34ca6cb8.jpeg

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
OBJ when he read on twitter we traded for Brandon Cooks
YJAU4w0.gif

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Can we close this thread now? OBJ may be Hall of Fame talent but this dude's mentally soft as a sore vagina.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Did anybody else really want to see a GM take a stand and trade a whiny player to the browns for 7th rounder two years from now, just to show the other players they aren't screwing around? Maybe bad football business, but it would be hilarious.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...clined-to-give-two-first-round-picks-for-obj/

NFC team declined to give two first-round picks for OBJ
Posted by Mike Florio on April 8, 2018

ap_17267651146412-e1506281562694.jpg

AP

The Giants reportedly wanted at least two first-round picks for receiver Odell Beckham Jr. One NFC team reportedly declined to give the Giants a pair of first-round picks.

Michael Silver of NFL Media reports that the Giants asked for two first-round draft picks from an unidentified NFC team for Beckham, and that said unidentified NFC team declined.

It’s possible that the offer was made to the Rams, before they traded for Patriots receiver Brandin Cooks. It’s also possible that the 49ers talked to the Giants about a trade for Beckham.

Any team that would trade for Beckham also would need to be willing to give him a long-term contract in the range he reportedly is targeting: $20 million or more per year.

If the Giants don’t want to make a major financial commitment to Beckham, a trade could still happen. Maybe another team decides to give up two first-round picks, maybe the Giants decide to accept less than two first-rounders. Regardless, the fact that the Giants have entertained the thought of not having Beckham means a deal could still happen at some point between now and the first night of the draft.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/09/pat-shurmur-odell-beckham-on-hand-wants-to-be-great/

Pat Shurmur hasn’t talked to wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. yet today, but he has confirmed that he’s on the property as the Giants begin their offseason conditioning program.

And that’s no small step.

Shurmur told reporters that he was encouraged by the fact Beckham showed up, and said he didn’t think the recent trade talk (which was generated by the bosses of Shurmur and Beckham) would be a distraction.

“I’m not worried about it,” Shurmur said, via Ralph Vacchiano of SNY. ” I really believe Odell is a professional. He wants to be great.”

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Giants are maroons. They should have taken the round one pick. Now he'll play out his last season with all that BS on the new head coach's plate and they'll have to avoid pickin up FAs to get the round 3 compensation.

And I'm glad they played hardball and tried to act like they wanted to keep Beckham. Thank God. Because now I don't have to stomach that ignorant, one-man clown show on my beloved Rams.

If I'm Gettleman right now I'd probably drop the pretense and deal his sorry @$$ for the best offer out there, whatever it is. But by all means, Giants, play out the act to the end lol.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Giants are maroons. They should have taken the round one pick. Now he'll play out his last season with all that BS on the new head coach's plate and they'll have to avoid pickin up FAs to get the round 3 compensation.

And I'm glad they played hardball and tried to act like they wanted to keep Beckham. Thank God. Because now I don't have to stomach that ignorant, one-man clown show on my beloved Rams.

If I'm Gettleman right now I'd probably drop the pretense and deal his sorry @$$ for the best offer out there, whatever it is. But by all means, Giants, play out the act to the end lol.

They're gonna dance this dance until the draft.

It's stupid and really doesn't serve their new HC.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Because now I don't have to stomach that ignorant, one-man clown show on my beloved Rams.
I had been a proponent for getting OBJ, but ONLY because I thought the Rams had no other good options for a reliable deep threat in 2018.

I follow other teams only casually, and the more I learned about OBJ the worse it got. For example, regarding the thing with the kicking net, I thought, who cares, he lost his temper. But the subsequent BS was far worse, the “kissing” of the net, the proposal— all showing how completely he’s a “Me Not We” type of player.

Now that we have Brandin Cooks, I am more than happy to say good riddance to OBJ the ass-clown.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Congrats to him, HoF money warrants HoF production. Hope he lives up to that unless he's facing us