Odell Beckham at #13?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
yeah....I saw that as well, and decided to exclude it from my post....but I just don't think the difference is enough to take a smaller wr that high...so Benjamin drops what....2 more passes per year...I can live with that knowing he will be more productive in the red zone and on 3rd down conversions...at least in my convoluted mind :)

It depends on the number of targets, but yea...it could be trivial. The real question is if the drops come in crunch time or not.

If we really wanted a guy that flat out catches the ball we'd be talking Jarvis Landry.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Rather have Landry in the 2nd. I dont care if hes not an explosive home run threat, he can run routes and can catch the ball like non other. Him and Bailey will give Sam some receivers who catch what is thrown at them.

Having said that, I wouldnt hate if they grabbed beckham, he does have some big time talent.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Rather have Landry in the 2nd. I dont care if hes not an explosive home run threat, he can run route and can catch the ball like non other. Him and Bailey will give Sam some receivers who catch what is thrown at them.

Having said that, I wouldnt hate if they grabbed beckham, he does have some big time talent.

Not to mention he's a pretty stellar run blocker.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Thanks sir...finally found a place to talk Rams...loving the dialogue here so far, and I am loaded up on blood pressure meds for tonight :p
Oh hell yes! It's going to be a wild ride.

One quick tip about this board that is good to know...anything posted in Blue font is sarcasm. There's also an Introduce yourself thread stickied at the top.

edit: except for the link to our ROD mock draft i'm using as a sig below. It's blue, but we were very serious about our picks :LOL:

Mick

Pro Bowler
It depends on the number of targets, but yea...it could be trivial. The real question is if the drops come in crunch time or not.

If we really wanted a guy that flat out catches the ball we'd be talking Jarvis Landry.

In the 3rd or lower? His 4.77 time is scary slow, and since I don't know this, was he the 2nd WR at LSU to Beckham? If so he was probably facing a fairly weak CB....but his drop % would be nice to have after watching so many drops last season from the guys in horns.

Mick

Pro Bowler
Oh hell yes! It's going to be a wild ride.

One quick tip about this board that is good to know...anything posted in Blue font is sarcasm. There's also an Introduce yourself thread stickied at the top.

edit: except for the link to our ROD mock draft i'm using as a sig. It's blue, but we were very serious about our picks :LOL:
I dropped into the intro section already and gave my sad tale....and I will deny certain parts if called to testify. Thanks for the heads up on sarcasm too haha

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
In the 3rd or lower? His 4.77 time is scary slow, and since I don't know this, was he the 2nd WR at LSU to Beckham? If so he was probably facing a fairly weak CB....but his drop % would be nice to have after watching so many drops last season from the guys in horns.

Well, Jrry likens him to Brandon Gibson...Realistically he'd be what we have in Pettis, but better.

Mick

Pro Bowler
Ok Chris....you're now cutting into my much needed book time for a psych class...and as I am a world class procrastinator, I am hearing alarm bells going off here...if I am here posting after this one, please kick me from the site :D great chat sir, much thanks for the info! Look forward to tonight and what your take is on the 1st round....

BTW Mojo....always figure Blutarsky as a Rams fan...just made sense.

RamsFan14

Starter
I'd be pretty mad if we take him at #13. I'd rather trade up and get Evans then sit at #13 and pick Beckham.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Benjamin 54 catches 1011 yards 18.7 average with 15 TD last season
Beckham 59 catches 1152 yards 19.5 average with 8 TD last season

Seems they both catch balls, only one is 6'5" and 240 and can handle the bigger corners in the NFL like Sherman, and the other will be the umpteenth small WR on the Rams roster.....faster, yes...but catches more? I'd rather have a huge target, both in the red zone and out, and further back in the draft, allowing us to get another starter for the secondary that desperately needs one. At pick #13 I want a starter...you saying beckham will start over givens, austin, britt, and bailey (who I really like)? I just think the DB is more important than the next "flavor of the month" WR we seem to draft each year...lets give the guys we have a chance to mature...honestly, if we don't get a wr at all I would be ok with that, but surely not in the first round...rams have bigger needs.

Welcome aboard man!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I dropped into the intro section already and gave my sad tale....and I will deny certain parts if called to testify. Thanks for the heads up on sarcasm too haha
We hardly ever use sarcasm here, so don't worry about it much.