Ochocinco goes back to Johnson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Dolphins' Chad Ochocinco changes name to Chad Johnson
By Jeff Darlington
Reporter, NFL.com and NFL Network
Published: July 23, 2012 at 10:42 a.m. Updated: July 23, 2012 at 11:47 a.m

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- When Miami Dolphins wide receiver Chad Johnson -- yes, Johnson -- first signed, he made it clear that he wanted to reconnect with his former self before he changed his name to Ochocinco.

On Monday, he took legal action to make it happen.

Johnson was in the Broward County courthouse Monday for a hearing in courtroom 822 at 8:45 a.m., finalizing a process that allowed him to legally change his name back to Johnson. He originally changed his name to Ochocinco on Aug. 8, 2008.

Johnson was married earlier this month on July 4, a few days before he first began the legal process to rid himself of the Ochocinco name.

Such a filing required a payment of $401.

Follow Jeff Darlington on Twitter @JeffDarlington

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This is so (for lack of a better word) gay.

I'm gonna legally change my name to Ginormous McHeavyschlong because I want people to pay attention to me too.

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, but then you'd have lawsuits on your hands for false advertising.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
Yeah, but then you'd have lawsuits on your hands for false advertising.
KelsoBURN2.jpg

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
You reckon he finally realized that he had changed his name to "Eight Five" instead of "Eighty-Five"?

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Ramhusker said:
You reckon he finally realized that he had changed his name to "Eight Five" instead of "Eighty-Five"?
More like it was getting expensive to buy 85 from whoever has it on his new team.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Or maybe he grew up and figured out how ignorant the whole thing was to begin with.