OAK/KC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Wow, saying Charles is an amazing player is an understatement .
He is a great player. It's a shame he's banged up. He's only had a couple seasons where he's played in every game. If he could consistently stay on the field, he'd get his due.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I like to see the Chiefs lose...but the upset bothers me this week. I like the idea of a Redskins win over the 49ers and with one big upset down I think our chances decreased...:D

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Couple more.
cheifs.jpg
chan.jpg

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Carr is second in the league at not taking sacks only to Manning, which on the one hand means he gets the ball out fast but not always to the right guy and right place ,so last night there were several times where on a dry fast track I thought I saw opportunities to make a play on the ball , but it was too wet for the DB to do it.

I'm happy the game turned out the way it did, and put little stock in one common game , I think they will end up with one win against common opponents IOW 1-8, we already have a record of 3-3 ,hopefully on our way to 6-3

All that said ,if someone in Oakland thinks Jamies WInston is all that, I can see a new coach, cuz I doubt Sporano gets the gig, ,I can see the possibility they'd trade Carr ,but I don't think it would be cheap and IMO they are in line for a stupid trade for either and with the core they have next years draft could set them up for a new coach very nicely.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Wow, anyone who thinks that athletes only play for the money just have to look at Raiders players after the game. They were as happy as kids on Christmas morning.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I have yet to see the big deal with either. Yes, they've showed promise but I still see the issues that I saw in college with both.

Carr has plenty of potential...but he's also a Carr.
I like Carr for his major league arm , and he gets the ball out fast , what I wonder is that because he's scared and been a little lucky , IMO the "he is a Carr "comment is sort of unfair his brother took record sacks and he doesn't ,I think we could as easily expect his brothers trials to benefit him as anything.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Wow, anyone who thinks that athletes only play for the money just have to look at Raiders players after the game. They were as happy as kids on Christmas morning.
Yeah you'd be happy too if you'd had to wear a disguise in public cuz you were 0-10

fearsomefour

Legend
The second I turn it on, you see the hapless OAK WRs tripping each other up on a bunch set crossing pattern. So laughably bad.

Yea, I can't see why OAK would trade Carr. If that's how their WRs are playing (and through the motions it looked like) he's most certainly the least of their problems.

For all the Rams issues, thank god they aren't the Raiders. The Raiders don't have an exciting unit on their team imo. All soooo, soooo bad.
The Rams were this Raiders team not that long ago. I think there is zero chance the Raiders move Carr. He has played very well this year over all....not much help for him but he has all the tools.

fearsomefour

Legend
Wonder if Ray Ray Armstrong has the NFL record now with most big dumb ST penalties for fewest NFL games played?

Also if that young big Raider RB Murray gets caught up in the concussion procedures.....Rams could catch a big break there next week.
The Raiders team has some talent but is very undisciplined....Ray Ray should feel right at home.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I have yet to see the big deal with either. Yes, they've showed promise but I still see the issues that I saw in college with both.

Carr has plenty of potential...but he's also a Carr.
I just felt that Mettenberger was going to fall well below his worth and if he were able to learn for a year or so would be a pretty good get. As it turns out, he fell WAY farther than I thought he would and he is already starting for a pretty bad Titans team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just felt that Mettenberger was going to fall well below his worth and if he were able to learn for a year or so would be a pretty good get. As it turns out, he fell WAY farther than I thought he would and he is already starting for a pretty bad Titans team.

For obvious reasons. ;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Carr for his major league arm , and he gets the ball out fast , what I wonder is that because he's scared and been a little lucky , IMO the "he is a Carr "comment is sort of unfair his brother took record sacks and he doesn't ,I think we could as easily expect his brothers trials to benefit him as anything.

He has that same sort of problem that his brother does. He doesn't handle chaos in the pocket well. He tends to panic in a muddled pocket.

Unbelievable arm. Quick release. Good mobility. Plenty of size. But I don't trust his composure. And he's not as accurate as he should be past 15 or so yards.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
For obvious reasons. ;)
Maybe so but that puts him ahead of an uninjured 1st round pick in Locker - correct? Guess we'll see how he does but I would guess he'd be better off here than there and he's not playing awful there.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe so but that puts him ahead of an uninjured 1st round pick in Locker - correct? Guess we'll see how he does but I would guess he'd be better off here than there and he's not playing awful there.

Titans have a pretty talented offense. I just haven't been impressed by his play. He is one of those guys that has to have a clean pocket. Doesn't have functional mobility, doesn't throw well on the run, and does not handle a muddled pocket well.

Locker's time in Tennessee is done. He's more or less a lame duck. Gotta see what you have in Mettenberger.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@Thordaddy- if there is a top OLT in this coming draft the Raiders probably look in that direction with their first pick. They could also be looking at DT, there is one at the top I believe.

@jrry32- Is Locker toast or a possible reclamation project? I recall the day that he was considered a first overall pick and you were quite high on him. What happened? I have not seen much of Locker and none of Carr or Mettenberger. Either way I figure if a guy drops but has the tools then there is a reason. Maybe the pocket presence is the main reason for both. Not being able to handle chaos in the pocket? Why does that sound familiar?...Austin Davis anyone?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Thordaddy- if there is a top OLT in this coming draft the Raiders probably look in that direction with their first pick. They could also be looking at DT, there is one at the top I believe.

@jrry32- Is Locker toast or a possible reclamation project? I recall the day that he was considered a first overall pick and you were quite high on him. What happened? I have not seen much of Locker and none of Carr or Mettenberger. Either way I figure if a guy drops but has the tools then there is a reason. Maybe the pocket presence is the main reason for both. Not being able to handle chaos in the pocket? Why does that sound familiar?...Austin Davis anyone?

Not to be that guy but it wasn't me, my friend. I wasn't a Locker fan. Locker was claimed to be the #1 overall pick in 2010 if he had not gone back to school...something I vehemently disagreed with at the time. And I was strongly opposed to him and Gabbert both in 2011.

I think Locker is toast as a starter. He's injury prone and not a good QB when healthy. As I noted in college, he doesn't see the field well from the pocket and he's an inaccurate QB. Inaccurate college QBs rarely become accurate QBs in the NFL.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not to be that guy but it wasn't me, my friend. I wasn't a Locker fan. Locker was claimed to be the #1 overall pick in 2010 if he had not gone back to school...something I vehemently disagreed with at the time. And I was strongly opposed to him and Gabbert both in 2011.

I think Locker is toast as a starter. He's injury prone and not a good QB when healthy. As I noted in college, he doesn't see the field well from the pocket and he's an inaccurate QB. Inaccurate college QBs rarely become accurate QBs in the NFL.

Sorry, I thought you were in that group back at RRF. I recall someone pounding the table for him. My mistake. I didnt have an opinion on Locker since I rarely see West coast games. I agreed about Gabbert though. :LOL: