O/U is 8.5?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
Tim

Projected win total for Rams is shockingly low in 2024​

AJ Schulte
04-08-2024•1 min read

Despite this success last season, the Rams don't have a lot of belief in their ability to replicate or improve that if you listen to Vegas odds on their projected win total.

DraftKings has the Rams win total set at 8.5 games, tied with the Jacksonville Jaguars, Chicago Bears, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Indianapolis Colts, Pittsburgh Steelers, and their AFC counterpart the Los Angeles Chargers.

This total is surprising, as the Rams have been much more successful in recent years than many of the teams they share the same odds with. Under Sean McVay, the Rams have won fewer than 9 games just once in 2022, a season the Rams are hoping not to repeat after the slew of injuries that got them there.

In seven years as the head coach of the Rams, McVay has posted double-digit wins in five of those seasons and all but one of those seasons finished above the 8.5 mark. The over feels like a pretty safe bet.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just like the draft it's an over reaction to AD retiring.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Over!

Slam Dunk Touchdown GIF by #ActionAliens

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Oddsmakers don’t know or care about how many games teams will actually win. Their “talent” is in gauging perceptions of potential betters to produce balanced betting on both sides of a proposition.

If an oddsmaker was only taking bets from Rams fans, the over/under would be higher.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm pretty sure we'll be better than the teams we tied with. Jacksonville would be the only one I can think of that might be as good.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I’m going to have to take that bet.