O Line on Austin's 2nd TD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I've been watching some all 22 and I saw something interesting on Tavon's 2nd TD which might help to indicate how far the o line has come.

This pic is from right before the snap.

image.jpeg

Greg Robinson spots Mathieu showing blitz from off screen to the left, points to him and taps his right hip presumably to signal to Jamon Brown that he is going to pick him up and Brown needs to pick up the D End.

This next pic is what happens next.

image.jpeg

Robinson picks up Mathieu, Brown gets the D end and Barnes picks up his man. #20 did initially blitz but dropped back into coverage leaving Barnes and Brown to deal with their players as seen in the pic above.

You can also just make out Benny about to deal with the blitzer off camera which is the block that we all noticed at the time but if Greg doesn't see Mathieu and make the adjustment there's no way Foles has time to get the pass off (especially with the double pump).

I thought this was worth highlighting because it may have gone unnoticed at the time but was absolutely key. It also shows some good stuff from Robinson who was shaky at the start of the season.

Penguin.

Rookie
I am glad everyone is progressing on that line. If they play well, we can win our division.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Good find. They're really improving. Even Week 1, that was something they struggled with, including Robinson, making those adjustments and being on the same page. We have a seriously good OL as long as they all work together. The talent isn't the issue.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I read a tweet earlier going over Brown vs Campbell on the TD to Bailey. Campbell beats Brown off of the snap, but Brown recoves and sends Campbell to the ground.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Good pick up Lumber. After the two previous games, where Robinson seemed to be disinterested, somebody or something lit a fire under his big ole ass, and he seemed like a different player Sunday. The whole O-line, although not great, seemed to play better as well. As they get more comfortable with each other, this has the potential to become a very dangerous offense. That, along with a great defense and great special teams= Playoff bound!!

GO RAMS!!!!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I noticed that play too, and GR's read happened, right before the snap. Blocking a player that quick in space, who was basically in a wide 9, communicating it, and executing it, so well, was awesome. Good job, @LumberTubs .