O.J. Simpson is released from prison

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
First stop for OJ? Dick's Sporting Goods! Knives, guns, gloves, ski masks and golf equipment all under one roof!
But the gloves just wouldn't fit.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
You have children? Someone murder them and get away with it and you'd be satisfied with justice? Our system isn't perfect but it could use some correction from time to time. All I can say is if my kid was the victim, we'd have a dead man walking.
If it were my kids, OJ wouldn't have made it to Vegas... You don't freak with my family, period!

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
You have children? Someone murder them and get away with it and you'd be satisfied with justice? Our system isn't perfect but it could use some correction from time to time. All I can say is if my kid was the victim, we'd have a dead man walking.

I would be satisfied when they caught the Killer. He was proven innocent. I would be more sad about my kid not being in my life ever again, never smiling and laughing with me.

You'd have an innocent dead man walking.

My point, you and people like you are so CONVINCED he did it. When he was tried and found not guilty. It's akin to a little kid (no offense) closing his eyes, sticking his fingers in his ears and saying "LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!"

Last edited:

nighttrain

Legend
Was in county jail at the time of the trial, watched it very closely, i dont think OJ did it, that's just me though
train

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm not sure how the justice system works in America, but he's been acquitted of the murders of Brown-Simpson & Goldman. This should not come into play during this parole hearing. The robbery is the case in question here, now if he has been a model inmate during his time in prison, then release is a definite possibility and should be given.

I would put money on the fact that OJ has Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy, I'm not making excuses for him, I just believe there is more to his story.
I shouldn't come into play at all, you're right.
I don't think OJ has CTE....I do think he is a sociopath.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Question... was he ever convicted criminally for those murder charges... or did he win?

What's the point of our judicial system and our way of thinking "Innocent until proven guilty" ... if people, 20 years after the fact, still clamor to the idea that he's guilty for something he was never found guilty for, criminally. (not talking civil suits).

I find some of these responses extremely biased and unfounded... but whatever.

He was found not guilty in criminal court where 12 out of 12 jurors need to agree. He was found guilty in civil court were a preponderance of the evidence is required - 9 out of 12 jurors need to agree.

https://newsone.com/1334425/five-reasons-why-we-know-o-j-did-it/

Five Things That Suggest O.J. Simpson Killed His Wife
Written By NewsOne Staff

1. DNA — The prosecution of Simpson’s case presented compelling DNA evidence, including matching bloody footprints, hair follicles, and a glove found near Simpson’s home containing blood that tested positive as belonging to Goldman.

Blood was also found in Simpson’s Ford Bronco near the driver’s outside door handle. Other blood samples were smeared inside on the console, door, steering wheel, and carpeting. DNA tests showed some of the blood consisted of a mixture of Simpson’s genetic markers and the victims’.

2. THE INFAMOUS CAR CHASE — On the day of his arrest, the LAPD chased Simpson in his white Bronco for hours. To top it off, the spectacle was all caught on tape.

3. CHANGE OF ALIBI — O.J.’s initial alibi was that he was asleep at the time of the murder. His defense later changed that alibi with a series of stories, one of which claimed he was hitting golf balls outside his home.

Simpson’s defense also claimed that a neighbor’s housekeeper, Rosa Lopez, saw his car parked outside the home. However, Lopez later confessed during cross-examination that she could not be precisely sure whether or not his Bronco was there.

4. MOTIVE — According to the prosecution, Simpson had plenty motive for killing his ex-wife. Simpson was reportedly prone to jealous rages (evidenced by taped 911 calls from Nicole herself), including allegedly hitting, stalking, and degrading her — all signs that he was quite capable of murder.

5. THE “IF I DID IT” BOOK — There’s no greater way to say “I’m guilty” than to publish a book detailing how you would hypothetically do it, all in the name of profit. An excerpt from the book reads:

“If I had actually done it… I would have brought my good gloves that day. I would have thought it was shame they shrunk when I left them out on the patio, but I would have brought them just the same. They were my lucky gloves, and I would have needed them cause I was going to stab my slut of a wife… hypothetically.”

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I hope Simpson gets run over by a truck. I have nothing good to say about that murdering bastard.

Same with Rae Carruth, whose crime was actually worse than Simpson's. In Carruth's case, I hope he never gets out of prison.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
He's out in little over a year.

Then I hope that someone runs him over with a truck as well. And in his case, I hope the truck runs him going forward and backwards.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/o...ook-at-how-much-he-might-have-made-in-prison/

O.J. Simpson's net worth: A look at how much he might have made in prison

When O.J. Simpson is released from prison Oct. 1, it certainly won't be into a life of squalor. ESPN's Darren Rovell has postulated that Simpson may have made over $600,000 while incarcerated at Lovelock Prison in Nevada. It was estimated that Simpson was worth approximately $10.8 million when he and Nicole Brown Simpson divorced in 1992. That would equate to about $19 million as of May 2017.

Now that Simpson has been paroled, that $600,000 will be his to keep, and cannot go toward the $33.5 million ($40 million when you account for interest) that he owes to the families of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald L. Goldman for a settlement after he was acquitted of Nicole's murder. As Rovell explains, this is due to NFL pensions being protected by state law.

Public player pensions make it relatively easy to speculate on how much Simpson made, with the only questions coming around when he started taking his pension out. The NFLPA won a lawsuit against the NFL in 2011 that got former players additional payments for playing before 1975. Simpson played from 1969 to 1979, garnering him six years at the increased rate. Players that played before 1982 also got additional credit, which got him an additional 11 seasons worth of an increased rate.

If Simpson started taking his pension out at the age of 55 (he is now 70), he would have gotten paid for 105 months. That 105 months would have netted him $423,570. However, if Simpson started taking the pension out at 65, he would have gotten 57 months at an increased rate. With that rate factored in, Simpson would have ended up at $602,205.

Upon his release, the pension will be the only part of his income that is protected. Any memorabilia sales or appearances that he makes will be subject to going toward the settlement. However, the NFL pension ensures that he at least won't be wanting for food in the near future.

jap

Legend
I would be satisfied when they caught the Killer. He was proven innocent. I would be more sad about my kid not being in my life ever again, never smiling and laughing with me.

You'd have an innocent dead man walking.

My point, you and people like you are so CONVINCED he did it. When he was tried and found not guilty. It's akin to a little kid (no offense) closing his eyes, sticking his fingers in his ears and saying "LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!"

It would be easy for me to take off on this topic, but I seriously doubt this forum---or hardly any others, for that matter---are ready for my take on what the OJ Simpson criminal case reveals of the general USA mentality towards publically idealized celebrities.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
It would be easy for me to take off on this topic, but I seriously doubt this forum---or hardly any others, for that matter---are ready for my take on what the OJ Simpson criminal case reveals of the general USA mentality towards publically idealized celebrities.

JAP, TAKE OFF PLEASE, I ENJOY THE READ

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
tumblr_ntnobnby4d1tsf68ao2_400.gif

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
He was found not guilty in criminal court where 12 out of 12 jurors need to agree. He was found guilty in civil court were a preponderance of the evidence is required - 9 out of 12 jurors need to agree.

https://newsone.com/1334425/five-reasons-why-we-know-o-j-did-it/

Five Things That Suggest O.J. Simpson Killed His Wife
Written By NewsOne Staff

1. DNA — The prosecution of Simpson’s case presented compelling DNA evidence, including matching bloody footprints, hair follicles, and a glove found near Simpson’s home containing blood that tested positive as belonging to Goldman.

Blood was also found in Simpson’s Ford Bronco near the driver’s outside door handle. Other blood samples were smeared inside on the console, door, steering wheel, and carpeting. DNA tests showed some of the blood consisted of a mixture of Simpson’s genetic markers and the victims’.

2. THE INFAMOUS CAR CHASE — On the day of his arrest, the LAPD chased Simpson in his white Bronco for hours. To top it off, the spectacle was all caught on tape.

3. CHANGE OF ALIBI — O.J.’s initial alibi was that he was asleep at the time of the murder. His defense later changed that alibi with a series of stories, one of which claimed he was hitting golf balls outside his home.

Simpson’s defense also claimed that a neighbor’s housekeeper, Rosa Lopez, saw his car parked outside the home. However, Lopez later confessed during cross-examination that she could not be precisely sure whether or not his Bronco was there.

4. MOTIVE — According to the prosecution, Simpson had plenty motive for killing his ex-wife. Simpson was reportedly prone to jealous rages (evidenced by taped 911 calls from Nicole herself), including allegedly hitting, stalking, and degrading her — all signs that he was quite capable of murder.

5. THE “IF I DID IT” BOOK — There’s no greater way to say “I’m guilty” than to publish a book detailing how you would hypothetically do it, all in the name of profit. An excerpt from the book reads:

“If I had actually done it… I would have brought my good gloves that day. I would have thought it was shame they shrunk when I left them out on the patio, but I would have brought them just the same. They were my lucky gloves, and I would have needed them cause I was going to stab my slut of a wife… hypothetically.”

Your first sentence says it all. Thanks Prime!

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe

I wasn't a fan of OJ... Still not. Looking at the individual human... I could give a shit about him being a "celebrity".

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
He did it.
If there were any doubt what so ever, there would still be a search for the "real" killer. This case will never be opened again, due to this fact.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Mixed feelings. Sure I think he's a murder, but I couldn't hate him enough to not be emotional when they paroled him. I think when you despise someone for what they did for over 10 years you just need to let it go... so I did.