Numbers say Todd Gurley missed holes in 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He seemed a little weaker as far as breaking tackles.

He was running up guys backsides. If you ever played offense, esp. line, you hate when backs just run right in your back....it's worse if you're a receiver.

Either his vision was terrible, or he just put his head down and didn't care.

I have no worries Gurley will improve & return to 2015 form....if I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd say someone told Gurley to run this way last year and say that middle school offense quote to get guys fired. And I mean coaches.

Hard not to run into their backs when they are getting pushed around. The interior of the offensive line was garbage. That's probably why he started to bounce things out side. When you have more yards after contact in a game then actual rushing yards that's not you missing holes that's no holes being open

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I have noticed that too. He looked down right disinterested to me last season. Almost pouty. He seems a lot more focused to me thus far and I hope he stays that way throughout the season. He is being interviewed just like everyone else under this regime and NO ONE is untouchable on this team at this point IMO. McVay is the honey badger of coaches.....and honey badger don't give a crap where you were drafted.

Good point - he's definitely smiling a lot more this offseason

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There was definitely something off last year with him . I didn't take much to bring him down towards the end of the year .
Hopefully he's back to normal this year .

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I've wondered if the bright lights and time-consuming attn of Hollywood might have hurt his concentration a bit...I'm pretty sure it's a fine line between success and failure..If that had anything at all to do with last year, hopefully that won't happen again...

36.3%. Ouch. At what point do you choose to take a running shot @ the linemen instead of waiting for them to take running shots @ you waiting for a hole that will never come 2 out of 3 plays?