Number 10 Pick - Who do you want?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Ive got to be honest, I know as much about the college game as my mrs does about Call of Duty..

Ive heard that the QB class is poor, so I'm assuming we'll probably go for a project QB in the 2nd.
Draft an OL at 10 I'd say. Unless we trade with Washington and move ahead of the Jets for Mr Crab Legs :D That would make me happy

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Crazy thing is I can't see why anybody above us picks Amari. Giants have beckham, falcons have jones,bears have Jeffery and Marshall, jags have many other issues etc. Amari or devonte Parker (who may be this drafts Odell beckham) should definitely be there at ten.

Never thought about that, boy I would love the Rams to get their hands on Cooper.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Never thought about that, boy I would love the Rams to get their hands on Cooper.
I'm more in favor of a road grading gaurs or tackle, but if we can sign one in free agency, then I would lie to see cooper or Parker.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm more in favor of a road grading gaurs or tackle, but if we can sign one in free agency, then I would lie to see cooper or Parker.

The road grading guards will be available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. There is a ton of oline depth this years. I also see a couple of centers in Jake Smith (Louisville) and BJ Finney (Kansas St) who should be available around the 5th round who might be able to play year 1. I don't think we have to go oline in round 1 if the value is not right. I like RT Clemmings at 10 but if I had to decide on him or Cooper that would be tough decision lol.

ausmurp

Starter
1. Pro scouts have already said Amari Cooper does not impress them so he could easily be passed by White and slip to us. Even with a bad combine I would take him over any other player. I hope we learned our lesson passing on Jeffery and Allen.
2. Connor Cook is way overrated, he is not very accurate and did not impress me this year - I saw him play a lot.
3. Mississippi State ILB Benardrick McKinney is a beast and could be the Aaron Donald of this draft. I would not be upset if we shock the world and draft him with our first pick. I'm not happy with JL and think an upgrade would make our D MUCH better.
4. With our first pick I doubt there is an OL on our board as BPA and would not be surprised if we pass on OL in first rd. Cooper, White or McKinney will be high on our board (we had CJ Mosley high last yr and McKinney is better).
5. There is another RB with great size/speed who will grade out similar to Gurley - Tevin Coleman. Don't fall in love with Gurley yet Coleman may be better.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
1. Pro scouts have already said Amari Cooper does not impress them so he could easily be passed by White and slip to us. Even with a bad combine I would take him over any other player. I hope we learned our lesson passing on Jeffery and Allen.
2. Connor Cook is way overrated, he is not very accurate and did not impress me this year - I saw him play a lot.
3. Mississippi State ILB Benardrick McKinney is a beast and could be the Aaron Donald of this draft. I would not be upset if we shock the world and draft him with our first pick. I'm not happy with JL and think an upgrade would make our D MUCH better.
4. With our first pick I doubt there is an OL on our board as BPA and would not be surprised if we pass on OL in first rd. Cooper, White or McKinney will be high on our board (we had CJ Mosley high last yr and McKinney is better).
5. There is another RB with great size/speed who will grade out similar to Gurley - Tevin Coleman. Don't fall in love with Gurley yet Coleman may be better.

I agree on all but 5. Coleman is not better than a Gurley.........at least not when Gurley was healthy.

ausmurp

Starter
I agree on all but 5. Coleman is not better than a Gurley.........at least not when Gurley was healthy.
I think they're very similar aside from the obvious size and speed comparisons - both are Adrian Peterson size 6'1'' over 210 lbs physical runners with elite speed and neither catch many passes. Both compare to Peterson imo. Health comes into play though, and Gurley has some health issues where Coleman is tough and has not been hurt. That could put Coleman over him but again they're very close imo.

On another note how excited are you for Michigan finally given the chance to be competitive again in the Big 10 with Harbaugh? Big 10 is bouncing back and I'm super psyched for it.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Yep and I want this
In fact, I want that MORE than Connor Cook entering the draft!

P.S. Who's Connor Cook? ;)

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I want Cooper, Parker, or White whichever graded highest or Clemmings or Collins whichever graded higher. Its tough to really say at this point because guys will rise or fall as it gets closer to the draft. But it would be really hard for me to pass up those three wrs knowing how bad the offense is.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think they're very similar aside from the obvious size and speed comparisons - both are Adrian Peterson size 6'1'' over 210 lbs physical runners with elite speed and neither catch many passes. Both compare to Peterson imo. Health comes into play though, and Gurley has some health issues where Coleman is tough and has not been hurt. That could put Coleman over him but again they're very close imo.

On another note how excited are you for Michigan finally given the chance to be competitive again in the Big 10 with Harbaugh? Big 10 is bouncing back and I'm super psyched for it.

I am glad that Michigan will be back on the map. I have to admit that I was disappointed when Urban Meyer went to Ohio State. He was flirting with Penn State until the sanctions were rumored to hit. I want the B1G to be a good conference again, but I feel that PSU is at a disadvantage against Meyer and now Michigan. Franklin is a heck of a recruiter but we have yet to see if he can coach as well as Harbaugh and Meyer. Until he has a roster full of scholarship players that he chooses we wont know. This year is a fine example of what PSU fans are in for when they started two third string defensive tackles as their offensive guards for most of the year. It is tough to get good Oline play with freshmen and reserve DTs. So, I just hope that in 3 years we can compete.

I also worry a bit about Harbaughs ability to recruit in PA. Franklin pretty much shut Meyer out for top PA recruits this year but it just got tougher. Either way it is better to have a strong conference than a weak one. Between Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State and Penn State they should be able to make it respectable again. Now the B1G West needs to step up and land some good coaches. I like Kill at Minnesota and Fitzgerald at Northwestern, but the rest of those teams need help badly.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Back to Coleman. I admittedly only saw him once and that was against PSU. Penn State had a pretty tough defense all year and Coleman didn't do much against them that wowed me into thinking he had elite skills. He did look like one of the best backs they played. But great backs create plays on their own to some degree and I didn't think he did. It is tough to judge though because I doubt his Oline was as good as Gurley's.