NRC is a baller

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
no...but it sure does help to have a future HOF'er out there at DE. LOL

We lose this guy...it's like losing Bettis, Dickerson, Greene.....huge loss. Chris Long was bad....this will be terrible....

And to your point....everyone in this game is replaceable...but this would be terrible.

Yeah it would be terrible, but it's football. Just pointing out that no one guy is above the team, not even future HoF DTs.

But just realized this is a NRC thread so gonna stop the AD discussion there. Not like we haven't beaten that horse a thousand times anyway lol.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
NRC was a Snead find & sign . McVay & Wade will ride this little guy into the playoffs as our starter @ outside corner. NRC was a UDFA who was a USC starter for 3 seasons & born in the hot south FL. Think he like this LA weather after 4 seasons in NY? With the badly injured lone returning corner starter Kayvon Webster who is facing surgeries to rebuild his damaged shoulder & Achilles will be rehabbing for a long period of time will make NRC a high desire to get under contract. NRC now gets his chance to show his worth.

Does the fact that the Rams have a GM named Snead who has been involved in discovering finding & securing outstanding rookie DB's (Since 2012) come into play here in our critical secondary issues in Free Agency in March referencing resigning Ram high mega $$$ demand'ers? Would that also include the brilliant $$ manager Demoff?

One Ram Demander is UFA Trumaine Johnson who has turned down many Demoff offers for 2 back to back seasons causing Demoff extra work & worry on the salary cap. No one knows but the Ram Org. which good players could of been here as a result of TJ's refusals. Do we need to remind ourselves that Snead got Tru with just a 3rd rd pick?

6 yrs of Drafts & 8 Starters for the Rams
Janoris Jenkins 2nd rd/4yrs/ Pro Bowl
Tru Johnson 3rd rd./6yrs/ Highest Paid CB in NFL
TJ McDonald 3rd rd./4ys
Lamarcus Joyner 2nd rd./4yrs
Mo Alexander 4th rd/3 yrs.
EJ Gaines 6th rd./3 yrs
Cody Davis UDFA/ 5ys
John Johnson III 3rd rd. Rookie

This off season Snead who was absent any 2nd day draft picks in 2016 draft goes out & finds & signs economy high valued UFA's DB's like corners Kayvon Webster & Nickell Robey-Coleman both who are starters. Is it just me here a small brain Ram fan ...but I got a ton of faith in :bow:Snead & Demoff here to continue to repeat the above in 2018 off season. I would bet that we could draft as high as 4 DB's in this upcoming draft.

P.S> The Rams used a near 17 million a season CB to play the Nickle position many times this season, I would never undervalue the need for a great Nickle DB!

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
I hope I'm wrong too. But they weren't close in their numbers reportedly, and this next camp holdout might be very contentious. Gonna just wait and see but I don't feel positive about AD at this point.

Oh and re: not being able to come close to replacing him.... We don't know that.
mmmm, yeah we do. And history tells us, it’s not worth the risk in trying.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Who’s calling Goff elite at this point?? Dumb play call for the reason(s) you, yourself mention.

Ok man, we'll disagree on this. And I don't want to keep going back and forth on AD in a NRC thread but here's an example of how the team would move forward from trading a future HoF DT...

1. They would get picks.
2. They would use those picks to bring in more quality to the defense. Might be a rush OLB instead of a DT that becomes our primary rush threat, plus a top CB we wouldn't have otherwise.
3. Defense overall next year could still be significantly better, maybe elite, after the moves and additions.

Acting like we cannot replace him, that there's no way forward if AD is moved, is just wrong to me. So yeah, we disagree here cheers.