Now your choice for off season moves you fear we make.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I don't disagree even starting Joseph most of the season was questionable, but I want to see what happens going forward before I start questioning as to why Barnes & Jones sat.

Fisher has investments in both Jones & Barnes. Both have been around for two seasons Barnes has been a rams since 2011. Fisher should fully know if Barnes has it or not. Jones needs to get a full healthy off season & TC & pre season under his belt to know fully on him. In 2014's TC & pre season Fisher saw Wells-Barnes-Jones-Rhaney & even Person under center and he went with Wells....???? there's those question marks again;)

On the flip side if I look back to what Fisher had in an OL when he took over in 2012 this was our OL unit::confused: The below unit may be the worst OL cadre in NFL history!

ORT- Jason Smith/Adam Goldberg
ORG-Harvey Dahl/Drew Miller
OC- Jason Brown/Tony Wragge/Tim Barnes
OLG- Jacob Bell/Kevin Hughes
OLT- Rodger Saffold/Thomas Welch/Mark LeVoir

Fisher sent 7 of those 12 into instant retirement, only two of the above OL'ers played in the NFL in 2014...Saffold & Barnes. I will always be grateful unto Fisher for doing that!(y)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
#1 Fear: Fish screws up the OC hire. It should be Chud, Martz, or Shanny Sr. Barring that, I would prefer Boras to Hackett. If he goes with Hackett we may be doomed along with Fish. Either way, he needs to find a strong OC who will teach and raise the level of scheming and play of this offense.

#2 Fear: Fish waits for value at QB in the draft. Don't want to reach too much, I get it. But the other side of that coin is supply and demand, and he and Snead need to be realists regarding it. Draft a guy with upside who may develop into what you want. From that perspective there are good options in this draft even after the top two.

#3 Fear: Not bringing in enough new blood on the OL. They need to nail an OC or OG in FA. Then they need to draft a couple guys so they can add a young starter and bolster depth. I think a deal with Barks gets done because he trusts this staff. But still. More competition and quality of starters and depth is required.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
The one thing I hope doesn't happen, is the O-line not being fixed in FA/draft. Almost wouldn't matter if Sam is healthy or we had a new QB or good OC if Wells and Joseph are still there letting everyone through.

If they stick with Wells and Joseph we are fucked.

I might also add JLong & Barksdale to that list.

ausmurp

Starter
My fear is that we will pass on a strong WR class again, thinking we are fine at the position. We need a stud WR, period. There are a few in this class - Cooper, Parker, and White.

My only other fear is that our offense will be bottom 5 again. Not sure how many more seasons of ineptitude on offense I can take.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
OLine. We strike out in FA and the means of getting it fixed/upgraded falls to the draft only. Wells, Long and/or Joseph is retained and projected to start.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Fisher has investments in both Jones & Barnes. Both have been around for two seasons Barnes has been a rams since 2011. Fisher should fully know if Barnes has it or not. Jones needs to get a full healthy off season & TC & pre season under his belt to know fully on him. In 2014's TC & pre season Fisher saw Wells-Barnes-Jones-Rhaney & even Person under center and he went with Wells....???? there's those question marks again;)

On the flip side if I look back to what Fisher had in an OL when he took over in 2012 this was our OL unit::confused: The below unit may be the worst OL cadre in NFL history!

ORT- Jason Smith/Adam Goldberg
ORG-Harvey Dahl/Drew Miller
OC- Jason Brown/Tony Wragge/Tim Barnes
OLG- Jacob Bell/Kevin Hughes
OLT- Rodger Saffold/Thomas Welch/Mark LeVoir

Fisher sent 7 of those 12 into instant retirement, only two of the above OL'ers played in the NFL in 2014...Saffold & Barnes. I will always be grateful unto Fisher for doing that!(y)
While GROB has upside and will be a stud, was the above bunch really much worse in on field performance than last years?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Draft a QB.
Why waste a pick on someone you want to replace next year. Just sign a couple vets and get on with trying to win.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Signing FA's....and especially Linemen.....More Titans....FA's scare me....

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
My fear is that they draft Wrs, RBs, and QBs, and leave the Oline in disaster mode again.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Fear 1: Jake Long is preferred over Barks for the RT position and Barks is allowed to walk.

Fear 2: Wells is retained and plays another snap for the Rams at any position.

Fear 3: we go out and sign James Carpenter from Seattle. The reason they are letting him walk is that he's the known weak link and the openly discussed it during the GB game.

All of my biggest concerns revolve around the OL.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not spending considerable assets fixing the OL or over-drafting a QB that isn't named Winston or Mariota.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Kind of a combo to Tron's thread.

The last thing I want to see is this team package a bunch of picks to move up in the draft for a QB. I think with the choices that are in this draft it will cripple the team long term.

I am the exact opposite. This draft is really not that deep. I would rather see the Rams fix the Oline in Free Agency and then trade up for Winston.

What I don't want is for the team to fail to upgrade the QB position again and for them to not at least get one Olinemen out of FA.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am the exact opposite. This draft is really not that deep. I would rather see the Rams fix the Oline in Free Agency and then trade up for Winston.

What I don't want is for the team to fail to upgrade the QB position again and for them to not at least get one Olinemen out of FA.

From what I've read, this draft is pretty good for OL. In fact, I've not heard much negative about this draft aside from QB.

I'm of the opinion that drafting one of the "top" QBs in this draft isn't much of a upgrade.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I agree with the oline but I'll go another way. Not resigning Britt. With Quick coming off an injury we need him to come back. He was a good leader this year for the young WRs. I hope another team doesn't over pay for him and we lose him.
No chance we don't resign Britt.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
From what I've read, this draft is pretty good for OL. In fact, I've not heard much negative about this draft aside from QB.

I'm of the opinion that drafting one of the "top" QBs in this draft isn't much of a upgrade.

Fisher stated himself that this is not a very deep draft. That is why he and Snead thought it was a good idea to trade a those picks to get Mark Barron. I agree. I don't think it is a very deep draft at all.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My Biggest Fear is we don't fix the O-Line. IF we don't it won't matter who's at QB next year, THEY WILL GET KILLED!! And we won't be able to run either!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fisher stated himself that this is not a very deep draft. That is why he and Snead thought it was a good idea to trade a those picks to get Mark Barron. I agree. I don't think it is a very deep draft at all.

Maybe he's right, maybe he's wrong. Doesn't change my opinion on spending too many draft picks from this and next year's draft to move up and take either of the two flawed QBs. One's a spread guy, the others a red flag nightmare who's thrown his share of interceptions. I would hope the Rams of all people would be cautious about that. Or it could be somebody else's bevy of draft picks coming out for the coin toss against us.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Maybe he's right, maybe he's wrong. Doesn't change my opinion on spending too many draft picks from this and next year's draft to move up and take either of the two flawed QBs. One's a spread guy, the others a red flag nightmare who's thrown his share of interceptions. I would hope the Rams of all people would be cautious about that. Or it could be somebody else's bevy of draft picks coming out for the coin toss against us.

As of now we don't know if either QB wil drop or what it may take to mov up and get him.