now you can vote on the helmet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Rams will undergo a full rebrand for the 2019 season, but are doing away with the gold from their helmets and pants for 2017. Under NFL rules, jerseys must remain unchanged until 2019.

Bummer.

I thought the NFL had strict rules about teams making changes to their uniforms? We know the Rams have been granted permission to make their ultimate modification with Colors, Logo, Style and what ever they want to do for the 2019 season but this is the 2017 season coming up.

So there is no regulations for teams to change their colors and manipulate their uniform stripes on the pants at anytime after each season ends? Has this always been allowed?

XEl1UajnmNEjIVgN7y0pqydWvqLsn5ydW_A0dr5alabmGjMbVeymAcqoRwvcwjlX282Lbw=s114

Jbx5aUu3nIwfjf3LOoUu_Y2jFtXsz66ZPZnz63BjgDnFWKroTFiif_-TjtlkIXnYHeb4=s128

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Apparently pants and helmets dont fall under the same guidelines as the actual jersey does

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I thought the NFL had strict rules about teams making changes to their uniforms? We know the Rams have been granted permission to make their ultimate modification with Colors, Logo, Style and what ever they want to do for the 2019 season but this is the 2017 season coming up.

So there is no regulations for teams to change their colors and manipulate their uniform stripes on the pants at anytime after each season ends? Has this always been allowed?

The thing is, they havent changed their colors, logo, or style yet. All they have done is replace white in the location of gold. Every team has designated team colors they can use on their logo/unis and the rams are Blue, Gold, and White. My understanding is rules prohibit them from changing any of those colors or the look/design of their unis/logo without going through the years long process. The Rams found a "loophole" of sorts and simply are adjusting where they use their 3 colors, mainly with white replacing gold

shovelpass

Hall of Fame

I asked a similar question in the thread about the pants stripe. I jokingly/seriously wondered if saying you're "evolving" the uniform is a loophole to change things up. I posted a little write up somewhat answering this because I too was confused. I guess the rams ate allowed to change the uniform/jersey in 2019, but I guess they can make minor changes within the color scheme whenever. I figured changing the pants would qualify as uniform but no. It's probably has to with the jersey being player specific and sales/mass production.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
The thing is, they havent changed their colors, logo, or style yet. All they have done is replace white in the location of gold. Every team has designated team colors they can use on their logo/unis and the rams are Blue, Gold, and White. My understanding is rules prohibit them from changing any of those colors or the look/design of their unis/logo without going through the years long process. The Rams found a "loophole" of sorts and simply are adjusting where they use their 3 colors, mainly with white replacing gold
But changing the pants stripe isn't qualified as a uniform change? It's more than just color scheme. I know it's minor, but could the rams do something drastic with the pants as long as its within the color scheme?

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
But changing the pants stripe isn't qualified as a uniform change? It's more than just color scheme. I know it's minor, but could the rams do something drastic with the pants as long as its within the color scheme?

I mentioned it in a different thread, but if you look at the 2 looks, 1 is just a big blue stripe sandwiched by 2 small white stripes, and the other is a big white stripe sandwiched by 2 small blue stripes. its the same exact design but the blue and white is swapped.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I mentioned it in a different thread, but if you look at the 2 looks, 1 is just a big blue stripe sandwiched by 2 small white stripes, and the other is a big white stripe sandwiched by 2 small blue stripes. its the same exact design but the blue and white is swapped.
The stripe pattern looks different though. The current center stripe is much wider. Maybe it's just one large stripe and teams are allowed to play around within it.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Ok things that need to happen now:

1. Get rid of gold on jerseys. Yes I know this can't happen this year but after seeing the complete ugliness of the color rush of white horns and deep blue with current jerseys, looked like one of the ugliest and laziest options ever.

2. Get rid of the half collar bullshit. The worst design flaw ever in an nfl Jersey. No one likes it. I literally have not seen or talked to a single person who likes it. My biggest hate on our jerseys.

3. Bring back the motherfuckin horns on the motherfuckin sleeves!!! They did it on the color rush 2 years ago, and it should be on every Jersey every week. It is a trademark no team can compete with.

4. No border on chest/back numbers. The gold outlining the white always annoyed me.

5. Never again do blue on blue. The blueberry look was the fkn worst. Go with blue and white or white on white.

6. White socks with blue pants. Blue socks with white pants. Easy peasy.

7. Keep shit simple. Don't go crazy in a couple years with the jersey design. Keep it updated but simple at the same time.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
At least the Rams can win the award for most boring uniform of 2017

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I guess I'm in the minority when I say I love the new uniform change. That navy/gold look from STL is so boring. White/blue for the uniforms and the 99 get up for the throwbacks. Love it!

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I'm so fucking disappointed right now. I wasn't a fan of B&W back in the day when they wore them and I'm surely not a fan of them now. Obviously they're looking at different social media sites than I am. Cause the one's I've seen vote probably 70/30 in favor of the 70's Blue and Yellow over Blue and Whites.

As far as the pants, the single stripe would get the nod with me. Look at the double stripe pants then look at the Colts pants.

For a facemask.... I guess white

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They are not allowed to add colors to the current uniforms

They can tweak the colors they have

Blue gold and white

They cant add a fourth color . such as yellow

If you want the blue and yellow . youll just have to wait till 2019 . when they overhaul the whole thing

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Tough choice on the helmets, but I went with the white. Either will be cool though.

I'm good with going back to the blue and white, if it's modernized a bit ... and do think they need just a few small hints of a 3rd color somewhere on the uni. Not much, but enough to differentiate it from the Colts color scheme.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion