Now that WAS the definition of being out coached

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Last week, Schotty couldn't adjust to his teams deficiencies...this week Gregg Williams defense was outdone.

However, I have to give credit to the Giants offensive line...they lined up and allowed that RB to gain big chunks...that was the true difference. Have to wonder what would have been different if there weren't the early turnovers as well.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Honestly, if we had a healthy QB AND an even passable offensive line, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Why?
Because we would have our first winning season in a decade.
If we were in the NFC south, with our team as it is, we would be going to the playoffs.

Fisher has his warts just like every other HC, but when teams lose, warts become exposed.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Last week, Schotty couldn't adjust to his teams deficiencies...this week Gregg Williams defense was outdone.

However, I have to give credit to the Giants offensive line...they lined up and allowed that RB to gain big chunks...that was the true difference. Have to wonder what would have been different if there weren't the early turnovers as well.
This is the one time where I question what the hell we were doing, because I was under the impression that we were gonna line up and beat them mano a mano. And I got that impression through the press conferences last week where I was told that's what we were gonna do. But. Maybe they saw some things that they thought they could exploit, and maybe they could have were it not for a few miscues. As you said, early turnovers put us in a hole. And then there were TD opportunities there for the taking, but we didn't capitalize on those either for reasons not really worth delving into.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
This is the one time where I question what the hell we were doing, because I was under the impression that we were gonna line up and beat them mano a mano. And I got that impression through the press conferences last week where I was told that's what we were gonna do. But. Maybe they saw some things that they thought they could exploit, and maybe they could have were it not for a few miscues. As you said, early turnovers put us in a hole. And then there were TD opportunities there for the taking, but we didn't capitalize on those either for reasons not really worth delving into.
Agreed...I will say that on one big play (it may have even been a TD, I can't remember) where the RB made a cut and it looked like our CB (EJ Gaines to be exact) was crashing down into the line to take the gap the runner was coming but he got swallowed up by blockers...it looked like it was a good play call but the blitzing corner just wasn't stout enough to beat the blockers to make the play...sadly there wasn't anyone at the 2nd level to pick up the mess.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yep, that's what good QB can do for you. We haven't started a good QB in a year and a half now. Kenny Britt could have easily put up similiar numbers a OB had we had a starting QB. In fact, swap Hill for Eli before this game and watch what happens. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS!!

Don't make this crappy situation out to be more than it is. I get so tired of setting the record straight. I'm beginning to wonder about the casual Ram fan, really. Then again, you pick up on more if you go to the game. Looks like this is a preview to the offseaaon.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Giants o-line has been dreadful this year. I have no idea how it was so effective yesterday.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You have to remember that Eli has 2 super bowl rings and can play qb pretty well when he has the time! And he had the time today!

It wasn't that as much he had his OC calling a lot of quick hitters to neutralize the blitzing.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I still believe Rams win with a solid O-line. Even with Hill. At least we can all agree to stop saying Hill's fragile! Dude got his bell rung all game.

The defense got gouged because the pass rush was non-existent. You have to give OBJ his due, he's a star and letting Manning sit back there and launch it was devastating.

Ah well, they had a bad day.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was petrified of this game for this reason. Here in NY area, I get Giants 24/7. And when the Giants were 3-9 Coughlin was as good as fired. The players love him. They are playing their hearts out for the guy. The difference between winning and losing in the NFL is a razor's edge thin. I think that edge was the difference.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
It wasn't that as much he had his OC calling a lot of quick hitters to neutralize the blitzing.
This and a lot of holding by the giants that wasn't called. Plus, they were running the ball effectively!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Maybe the Rams should start playing that way. ;)
Our coach isn't on the hot seat, so why would they?
Or maybe they thought Fisher was on the hot seat when they blanked teams back to back and beat both Super Bowl teams from last year.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I continue to have the impression that Gregg Williams is easily outcoached by good teams. Sure, his aggressiveness and blitzing will work sometimes but it's never going to work against winning teams. I'm very down on this whole coaching staff right now.

Tired of all the gimmicks, trickery, smoke & mirrors. I want them to start with good fundamentals, discipline and execution and then throw in that other stuff.
I think we're all aware that blitzing can be neutralized by a good QB and coach.

So, why did his brother have so many problems with the Rams? Crazy. Peyton certainly had problems in the super bowl when blitzed. Maybe he's not a good as his brother in that regard.

Hey, at least the gimmicks helped us beat Seattle... so we have that!

I'm with you on fundamentals. Play hard, play smart, execute.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our coach isn't on the hot seat, so why would they?
Or maybe they thought Fisher was on the hot seat when they blanked teams back to back and beat both Super Bowl teams from last year.
Forgot to use blue font. Tongue in cheek... but not firmly planted. ;)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hey, at least the gimmicks helped us beat Seattle... so we have that!
You sure it wasn't the two rushing touchdowns and the TD pass to Kendricks? Nah. Had to be the one perfectly executed punt return TD.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Forgot to use blue font. Tongue in cheek... but not firmly planted. ;)
Forgive me. I'm on an all-out defensive battle this morning for some reason.

RHejny4.jpg

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Forgive me. I'm on an all-out defensive battle this morning for some reason.
RHejny4.jpg
No worries... and no need to be defensive.

Lots of emotions flying about since the game. So long as we keep it civil, it's what fans do, right?

This team is not easy to defend, at times. ;)