Now playing: Rams #10

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Figured I'd put up some vids of our new slot receiver. Tried to select some that had specific years to see his growth:

Freshman Year

Sophomore Year

Career

Last edited:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Really excited about what this kid could do out of the slot. He brings that element that we haven't had since a healthy Amendola.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At the very least we added some ferocity to our wr core with this draft

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Goff passes back to Cooper who hits Tavon in stride for six, Rob Boras will be getting interviews next year for Head Coaching opportunities.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I posted this on a different thread...Pharoh Cooper is exciting me!

Jewel of the Draft, identified by Chris Canty is Rams WR Pharoh Cooper.: "Big Time Playmaking ability.hands catcher: A lot of WR's are body catchers, but he is a proven hands catcher. He's quicker than fast. He does play faster than that 4.65 time at the Combine...But listen, this guy can flat out make it happen on the football field. He has a lot of versatility. I'm realy excited to see how he fits into that Rams receiving core with Kenny Britt and Tavon Austin"

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Great videos! I turned of the crap "music" and turned up ZZ Top and let it flow!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Is it just me or does he run funny?
He totally runs funny, which affects his straight line speed, but he plays way over that timed speed.

He runs like an angry running back, and has amazing burst, and quickness.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Kiper: Cooper a 'steal' in fourth round

COLUMBIA – Many were surprised South Carolina wide receiver Pharoh Cooper lasted until the fourth round before getting selected by the Los Angeles Rams in the 2016 NFL draft.

Count ESPN draft analysts Mel Kiper and Todd McShay among that group.

“I’m surprised he lasted until the fourth round,” said Kiper during a Monday afternoon conference call. “Measurables were never going to work in his favor. He is not a workout warrior. He’s a football player.

“He’s just a tough kid. He blocks, he catches in traffic. He does all the things – he’ll go get the football down the field. He’ll do everything you want. He’ll battle into double coverage for the football.”

It appears the biggest reason Cooper, a two-time All-Southeastern Conference selection, is his lack of blazing speed. He ran 40-yard dash times of 4.61 and 4.69 at USC’s Pro Day.

“I like the quickness,” said McShay. “He’s not a top-end speed guy. He didn’t run very well at his pro day. I know he was disappointed with that.

“I didn’t see great speed on tape, but that doesn’t mean he is not a good player. He shows a lot of toughness, does a really good job for his size going up and getting the football in the air, competing for the ball in the air.”

Cooper is probably slated to play in the slot, a position he consistently lined up in for USC. That will also test his toughness.

“I think he’s got a chance to contribute,” said McShay. “I like him as a slot receiver, a guy who will do the dirty work across the middle of the field.”

Kiper believes Cooper has the ability to do whatever is necessary to make a positive contribution.

“I don’t know what he’s lacking,” said Kiper. “I understand the measurable aren’t that favorable. But, to get him in the fourth round for (Rams first round pick, quarterback) Jared Goff and also get (tight end) Tyler Higbee and (wide receiver) Michael Thomas. They did a nice job bringing in some pass catching options.

“But I think Cooper will be a steal in the fourth round. There were some player I didn’t even think were even close to him, in terms of grade and ability that went higher.”

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...h-cooper-los-angeles-rams-nfl-draft/83842596/

MFaulk107

The Realness
I personally have bigger hopes for Mike. I'm all for the 6'2, 6'3 receivers.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

tumblr_ncsy8esyI51tmp1dro1_250.gif

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey

You got that right NJRam! Yeah he runs funny....Funny like a fox!

After the catch, Cooper views the field like a point guard. He makes up for his strait line speed with well timed jukes and angles. Oh My God the ANGLES! After the Catch, Cooper always takes the optimum angle, forcing multiple defenders to chase Cooper further, easily making up for any lack of speed.

Another thing...Cooper spots seams in the defense very quickly, and once Cooper spies the seam, hemakes for the seam like a laser beam. That's why he's so effective on Punt returns.