Now I know why there are so many drops.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I read an article with Gronk once. His dad used to take him in the back yard and use a tennis racket to fire tennis balls at all the Gronks. Rob was obviously the best at it. The theory he had was that tennis balls are a smaller target, thus improving hand eye coordination, and they have much more bounce to them, which teaches to catch with soft hands. Apparently tennis balls are pretty common in college and the NFL.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
For some really great insight on catching balls, the Rams should hire my ex as a consultant.
Her frat party ball catching skills are legendary... especially for someone who doesn't drink.

I see ball catchers in 3 categories.
Boxers
Briefs
My ex.

> Boxers- catch some balls sometimes but let far too many drop.
Example: Brian Quick.
> Briefs- always reliable but not always pretty.
Example: Danny Amendola
> My ex- a total ball whore. Catches all the balls and does it with joyful enthusiasm
Example: Jerry Rice.

…..

Legend
I read an article with Gronk once. His dad used to take him in the back yard and use a tennis racket to fire tennis balls at all the Gronks. Rob was obviously the best at it. The theory he had was that tennis balls are a smaller target, thus improving hand eye coordination, and they have much more bounce to them, which teaches to catch with soft hands. Apparently tennis balls are pretty common in college and the NFL.

Several applications to coach baseball as well. Two of my favorites were using tennis balls to fire into the dirt and teach my catchers to stay down on the ball. The really good one was taught to me in 1983 by Butch Hughs the Phillies pitching coach....and it is using a tennis ball can to practice throwing curves. You flip the tennis ball can end over end to train and strengthen your wrist to the exact motion of a perfectly rotating curve.

We also used to train catching grounders with golf balls on blacktop.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Can I have her number?
Haha!
Absolutely. Just go to the next truck stop restroom you come across and start dialing the numbers scratched on the stalls... you'll find her.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The part where Kenny, Tavon, Brian Quick, in a circle...that's pretty impressive.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I still think Groh is going to make a big impact with our receiving corps overall. They were just really poorly coached before IMO, and it will start to show on the field. Not huge numbers mind you, but there will be significant improvement.

And our TE coach Lilly has worked wonders with Kendricks, dude looks like a different player. If he can squeeze a solid TE season out of Higbee on top of that, Fish will have seriously improved this staff.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Been using them for years coaching.tennis balls for soft hands,medicine balls for strong hands
and a baseball bat for parents