Notre-Dame Cathedral is Burning

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Humans are a corrupt species, it's government and law that keeps us from the collapse of civilization and the return to barbarism.

Corrupt, yes you are right..........and cruel to each other as well.

And you are also right that laws keep us from collapse. But too many times individuals end up "above the law" and do things that are for shit and get away with a slap on the wrist when they should go to jail.

Our system of law and governance is the best in the history of the planet. And even as great as it is, it needs to get a few upgrades.

I should be King. Shit would be different. ;)

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Corrupt, yes you are right..........and cruel to each other as well.

And you are also right that laws keep us from collapse. But too many times individuals end up "above the law" and do things that are for crap and get away with a slap on the wrist when they should go to jail.

Our system of law and governance is the best in the history of the planet. And even as great as it is, it needs to get a few upgrades.

I should be King. crap would be different. ;)

I might voice ... several upgrades.
No doubt that most governments leave a lot to be desired, it's the alternative which is catastrophic or even apocalyptic.

Throughout history the masses have desired a benevolent King, on the few occasions they had one, succession often turned a good thing to that which nightmares are made of. I'll settle for a benevolent President elected democratically by a majority of the people free from the biases of a small privileged class who uses money & propaganda to sway public opinion. jmo.

Last edited:

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
If you're referring to the Rose Windows then yes what few glass pieces that were lost can be replaced since they are quite high up the wall so no one would notice assuming the colors matched the rest of the window. With stained glass of great age like the Rose Windows the pieces of glass over time flow under the effect of gravity so they will be thicker at the bottom than at the top. That they apparently mostly survived is incredible.
Man I hate to be a jerk, but glass doesn't flow over time.

https://www.livescience.com/32119-do-old-glass-windows-sag.html

And because I thought that want exactly a good source:

https://www.cmog.org/article/does-glass-flow

That's the Corning museum of glass. Anyway, glass doesn't for down over time. Some cathedral windows are larger at the top than the bottom. The glass making process back then was super sketchy and they mostly installed the glass thick side down because that makes sense. Bowls and stuff that are as old or older have not flowed to the bottom.

Gosh I feel like a douche now. Sorry man.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Man I hate to be a jerk, but glass doesn't flow over time.

https://www.livescience.com/32119-do-old-glass-windows-sag.html

And because I thought that want exactly a good source:

https://www.cmog.org/article/does-glass-flow

That's the Corning museum of glass. Anyway, glass doesn't for down over time. Some cathedral windows are larger at the top than the bottom. The glass making process back then was super sketchy and they mostly installed the glass thick side down because that makes sense. Bowls and stuff that are as old or older have not flowed to the bottom.

Gosh I feel like a douche now. Sorry man.
Don't be sorry and you're not a douche.(y) You taught me something and that is always appreciated. Now the next time I'm told this in some tour I will correct the guide and bear the brunt of the assembled what a douche looks from the others in the tour.:D I'll start with my wife.:yess: