Notorious Friends

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Not to make light of the post, but I scrolled up to this post and this was the first part to catch my eye... I had to re-read this part more carefully...

Yeah that's a tough thing to go through. A boy who lived down the street and was good friends with my daughter got in trouble for something similar and plead guilty. It really hurt my daughters feelings because she had always been close friends with him. She hasn't spoken with him since he called her and admitted to her that he did something wrong but that it wasn't as bad as what the story she was reading in the local news story. She told him she would try to forgive him but she will probably never talk to him again. He said he understood.

Just a very sad situation.
His victim was his step sister. Their parents had gotten married the year before and moved to place in the country. An un-related 17 year old boy and 14 year old girl who didn't grow up together were left unsupervised. Tough situation for working parents but I don't blame them for trusting August. He really seemed like a great kid.

Welp...I guess I cant un-ring that bell. Lol I should have worded it differently lol

But, yea, its tough when you think you know someone. He could have killed someone and I would have still stuck by him. But touching kids is something I cant look past.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My mother went to nursing school after high school, and remarkably maintained a friendship with several of her classmates. (Still to this day, some 60 years later)
Well, when I was a wee little lad, my folks used to drag me and my siblings to Westchester County NY for mom's annual get together with these ladies, and their families who primarily lived in the area. Being there were multiple families, it was kind of fortunate that there were a couple of boys my age. Well, kind of. I hung out with 2 boys that were about a year older than me. Not a big deal in teen years but from 5-10 it sure seemed a lot. So each year was kind of the same, the 3 of us would get along at first until Paul, would grow tired of me and push me around a little. Greg was always cool and included me. In fairness, I was a pretty annoying kid. A real smart ass.
Anyway, many years later, the family get togethers ended, life went on for all of us and no friendships or connections grew out of that.
Much to my family surprise, a family who had bought the house Paul grew up in were brutally murdered in the home. Was an unsolved mystery for several years because the prints left behind didnt match anyone in system. Was a pretty famous case and real creepy for those who knew the family. Paul didnt excel in life much, had a real bad drinking problem and basically did odds and ends labor. He ended up in AA and during a meeting he said that he had dreams of killing his parents in his house, and in confidence told someone he may have killed someone in a blackout. Well, the police were informed, and he was found guilty. He had been out with some friends drinking in the area of his childhood home, in a blackout he broke in and murdered them. Just awful. Was a famous case as to whether the testimony was legal under the guise of protected speech or what not. Scary stuff
Oddly, the other boy Greg? He actually became a football coach years later, rebuilt the program at Rutgers, and returned there this year

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm not gonna lie... these stories are creeping me out.

I can't stop reading them though.

Lesson to be learned here... always have at least one eye peeled. You're surrounded by people like this sometimes and you don't even realize it. It's smart not to be overly trusting.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My mother went to nursing school after high school, and remarkably maintained a friendship with several of her classmates. (Still to this day, some 60 years later)
Well, when I was a wee little lad, my folks used to drag me and my siblings to Westchester County NY for mom's annual get together with these ladies, and their families who primarily lived in the area. Being there were multiple families, it was kind of fortunate that there were a couple of boys my age. Well, kind of. I hung out with 2 boys that were about a year older than me. Not a big deal in teen years but from 5-10 it sure seemed a lot. So each year was kind of the same, the 3 of us would get along at first until Paul, would grow tired of me and push me around a little. Greg was always cool and included me. In fairness, I was a pretty annoying kid. A real smart ass.
Anyway, many years later, the family get togethers ended, life went on for all of us and no friendships or connections grew out of that.
Much to my family surprise, a family who had bought the house Paul grew up in were brutally murdered in the home. Was an unsolved mystery for several years because the prints left behind didnt match anyone in system. Was a pretty famous case and real creepy for those who knew the family. Paul didnt excel in life much, had a real bad drinking problem and basically did odds and ends labor. He ended up in AA and during a meeting he said that he had dreams of killing his parents in his house, and in confidence told someone he may have killed someone in a blackout. Well, the police were informed, and he was found guilty. He had been out with some friends drinking in the area of his childhood home, in a blackout he broke in and murdered them. Just awful. Was a famous case as to whether the testimony was legal under the guise of protected speech or what not. Scary stuff
Oddly, the other boy Greg? He actually became a football coach years later, rebuilt the program at Rutgers, and returned there this year

You!? A smart ass??
; )

That's pretty messed up.
Did the prosecution have any physical evidence that connected him to the crime or anything beyond his comments and living there before?

Alcohol soaked minds can be really susceptible to believing they may have done something they just heard about. There's a scary amount of people convicted on false confessions and sometimes the desire to close a case and get a conviction is a bigger motivation than putting the right person away for it.
I'm not meaning to suggest I think thats whats happened- But it's very interesting to me.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You!? A smart ass??
; )

That's pretty messed up.
Did the prosecution have any physical evidence that connected him to the crime or anything beyond his comments and living there before?

Alcohol soaked minds can be really susceptible to believing they may have done something they just heard about. There's a scary amount of people convicted on false confessions and sometimes the desire to close a case and get a conviction is a bigger motivation than putting the right person away for it.
I'm not meaning to suggest I think thats whats happened- But it's very interesting to me.
I dont want to derail the thread, but here is an article that summed it up. https://aabeyondbelief.org/2019/03/03/paul-cox-aa-and-the-law-2019-update/

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Lol I grew up in Miami and in the early 60s 70s and had ties to many I mean freaking many lmmfao, what kinda story u need lol.