Not impressed with the hands up BS displayed by the Rams WRs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
why is it dubious, and who has framed it as such, and why are they framing it in this way?

Because the hand up gesture is a lie. Pay attention to the facts, not some wild eyed conspiracy theory you may have read on the internet.

The hands up gesture continues to push a lie off as the truth and when people fall for it, like you are doing, it creates divides. It solves nothing to have misinformation and falsehoods set the table in situations like this and people who think they see shadows do nothing but make the situation worse.

If you can't see that you're beyond reach, which I think is likely the case because you're a conspiracy type . We have a really clear picture about how that whole thing went down and perpetuating the "hands up" thing is the worst possible thing to do. Things have cooled, why heat them back up again?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
why is it dubious, and who has framed it as such, and why are they framing it in this way?

Well I guess because the shirts were crafted based upon an image of Micheal Brown, based on accounts that were refuted by other witnesses and then they changed their story. So unless you were there what you think you know you believe in point of fact.
Here's the thing man, there are two pretty crystallized sides on this issue that are largely dependent upon not just facts but pre conceived ideas and attitudes which FWIW make it possible to call either side a dubious conclusion/ narrative, again UNLESS we were there.
To then act upon it as if they know he had his hands up when a legal proceeding held it was not the case,and then to extrapolate from that a problem exists that police are indiscriminately gunning down unarmed black men innocent of any provocation warranting the use of deadly force is something I personally haven't seen being born out by statistics ,especially in view of the way in which people in the business of protesting such things attempt to seize every opportunity to bring them to light to cement their position as advocates.

The shirt communicates and stereotypes police and boy have I seen a lot of that in this thread, thinking of people in the abstract that way is the same type of bigotry as what we call racism, just a different focus.
I heard yesterday that there is a Presidential panel reviewing the possibility that grand juries impaneled to investigate police shootings might not be reliable and other alternatives might need to be utilized, so then what of the equal protection under the very law the police are charged with enforcing can they count on?

Wearing that shirt is to me little if any different than someone wearing a shirt that says " Hey Mikey ,Resisting Arrest Can Be Hazardous to Your Health" both inflammatory and not at all helpful in an effort to defuse tension.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
AND now the Justice without nearly the bally hoo they pursued the mythical gesture has issued a report saying it just didn't happen that way

http://dailycaller.com/2015/03/04/holder-admits-hands-up-dont-shoot-claim-was-bogus/

Clear to me the "Afros" owe the City and Police Nation wide an apology for spreading an outright lie that FWIW was put to the lie by witnesses who were afraid and intimidated from telling the truth.
I have always believed that the black community of Ferguson have more to fear from the street thugs of their city than from the cops because the thugs narrative is given legitimacy out of hand and the good and productive people are afraid to testify.
Sure the arrests in a city that's 65% black is going to have the opportunity to lead in arrests, but the statistics shouldn't end there,how many of the arrests are repeat offenders ?