Not impressed with the hands up BS displayed by the Rams WRs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
That to me insinuates they are supporting a punk thug that committed strong armed robbery and then attacked a police officer.

They need to explain themselves if this is not the case.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is a football board. We don't discuss politics here.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Let's keep it in perspective.

The tragedy in Ferguson has been politicized far too much.
People will have to agree to disagree on this case.

we can talk football here, and not have it spoiled by hot topic issues, which is awesome.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
My main problem with it is that it implies Brown was trying to surrender when he was shot. He was not. All evidence and credible testimony points to him attacking the officer.

So a hands up gesture is utterly meaningless AFAIC.

iced

My main problem with it is that it implies Brown was trying to surrender when he was shot. He was not. All evidence and credible testimony points to him attacking the officer.

So a hands up gesture is utterly meaningless AFAIC.

i took it as a peaceful protest

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
If the Ram's organization can make a statement by giving tickets to businesses and clean up volunteers in Ferguson then the players can speak their minds. Check your self. Most of the players understand the idea about being bbig black and scaring the shit out of people.

Peace

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Did i miss something on the field?
When the Rams came out at the start of the game, the WR unit came out first, all of them with their hands up.

Then apparently there was something a little later during the game as well.

I took it as an implication that Brown was surrendering (which would then make his death murder), but I might have misinterpreted.

Ramatik

Starter
I agree.

But it was "our" team that did it at "my game".

Since they injected politics into my television experience, I think I can tell them how insufferably stupid they seemed in that instance. What is this hands up stuff anyway? That was a straight up lie.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Freedom of speech.... nuff said

BtW the media blows...

Last edited:

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Most people in America these days base their decisions on what others say without doing any research for their own opinion. Look at any comments anywhere about this whole case and that is clear. Like someone already said, evidence and testimony by multiple African American witnesses point to Brown not surrendering. But yet there are people still thinking he did and making t shirts to wear showing that. What I find very sad is that if Brown was killed by another black man, we would not have heard about this. The media does not help these types of racial divisive situations and then people making up their minds on what happened without waiting for all of the evidence to come out and you have this. I wish people were as worried about the large amounts of black on black violence as they are about this case. Many people have been killed this year and leaders everywhere are nowhere to be found.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The team is the one that brought it up it is fair game as far as I'm concerned

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yeah, kinda made our WRs look kind of stupid. Surely by now, they know that is not what happened. Maybe if they all came out and raised one arm displaying a peace sign would of conveyed a more meaningful message. I'm sure glad the team came out and played very well afterwards. Otherwise, I think the Rams would be catching much more heat about it.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
image.jpg

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
The team is the one that brought it up it is fair game as far as I'm concerned

Jrry just meant it was in the wrong forum is all. Not that I agree, but I know where he was coming from.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
That to me insinuates they are supporting a punk thug that committed strong armed robbery and then attacked a police officer.

They need to explain themselves if this is not the case.
trying to google news articles on the Rams win and 75% of the articles are about that shit. figures. pisses me off

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Freedom of speech.... nuff said

BtW the media blows...
Freedom of speech only means that they can express their thoughts without being arrested or otherwise persecuted by the government. It does not make these sentiments appropriate to express in a work environment or make it true that Brown was attempting to surrender when he wasn't.