Not Having Havenstein Hurt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
The Rams had a lot of key players out for this game but I think one of the biggest blows was not having Havenstein. He's one of, if not THE, best run blockers on the team and his absence really hurt the run game. Gurley had nowhere to go all day and almost all of his bigger runs were on the left side. I really hope Rob comes back soon cause we need him.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Yep. Him not playing today really hampered the O-Line's ability to block for Gurley. Also pretty tough for Donnel starting his first game, on the road in a hostile environment, and no playing time prior to today. Hopefully Rob is back next week and we can get the O-Line back to form.

Limey

Rookie
Still think he should have brought Wichmann in instead of Donnal, even though it would have meant moving Reynolds and probably Brown. Donnal looks to me like he needs a LOT of time in the weight room.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Still think he should have brought Wichmann in instead of Donnal, even though it would have meant moving Reynolds and probably Brown. Donnal looks to me like he needs a LOT of time in the weight room.

Yep. Donnal was abused. I wonder if Wichman is better at RG and they didn't want to flip Brown back over to LG again.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The whole o-line is a joke and most of us fans knew it before the season . Only Fisher and Snead thought they didn't need to bring in a veteran or two . Now it's biting them and going to cost them a playoff spot .

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really wish the Rams had taken a chance on La'el Collins in the 7th Round. He would be starting today.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
What precisely is up with Havenstein's achilles? Does anyone know? I was under the impression that when those are injured it usually requires surgery. Hopefully not.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
What if they had left Reynolds at LG and simply inserted Williams at RT?

I mean, that's what they did at the end of the Niner game.

Would have been only one OL move instead of the 2 moves we had today. Don't think Reynolds would have been abused at LG like Donnal was. Sigh...

maximus

Rookie

This. Wichmann looked good in preseason at guard, never giving ground. He should have played at G.