Not Another Mock: THE TRIPLE TRADE DOWN MOCK

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfman84

Rookie
THE TRIPLE TRADE DOWN (or let’s throw something out there and see if it sticks):

This type of draft is based on the assumption you’re not in love with the player available in your slot and you have a willing trade partner who is. It must make sense for both clubs.

trade #6 to PHL for #15, #51(2nd of PHL’s two 2nd round picks), and #88
(Our view: Kalil, Richardson, or Claiborne are not available and Blackmon isn't seen as that much better then other WR prospects by our evaluators; Their view: Tannehill, Ingram, or Cox worth the extra picks)

#15 DT Brockers or Still

trade #33 to Mia for #42 and #73(2nd of Miami’s two 3rd round picks)
(Our view: no one fell out of the 1st round that we can’t live without; Their view: someone did and he’s worth giving up that extra 3rd rounder)

#39 CB A.Jenkins or Dennard
#42 LB Kendricks or David
#51 RB Martin, Wilson, or James
#65 WR AJ Jenkins or Givens
#73 OL Brooks, Washington, or Schwartz
#88 LB Spence or Bradham

trade #96 to Packers for #123, #132, and #133
(Our view: at this point, due to extra picks, we’re just looking for positional depth and special team contributors and we could really used the extra bodies; Their view: don’t have the roster space and the 96th would be 3rd round talent that could actually help)

#123 RB/WR/KR C.Rainey or WR/KR Hilton, Broyles, or Adams
#132 DE J.Miller or Cam Johnson
#133 DT Hicks, Chapman, or Fangupo
#171 P Anger, Butler, Powel or Stahovich
#209 OL Freeman or Allen
#252 TE Chichester, Ford or Paulson

undrafted: SS Pleasant, Richardson, or Guy
FB Morris, C.Johnson, Ewing, or Smelley
(to compete with Miller)
QB Bo Levi Mitchell or Dominique Davis
(to compete with Brandstarter for 3rd QB slot)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm sorry, but...

No. More. 3rd and 4th round. WRs.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm just not big on dropping down too much. I know we need players, but we need blue chip players. We've been drafting plenty of journeymen guys who need to be built up over time the past... Basically 8 years... We need some franchise guys who can come in and contribute big time from day 1.

steferfootball

Starter
Angry Ram said:
I'm sorry, but...

No. More. 3rd and 4th round. WRs.
I feel like the Rams have a moral obligation to the NFL to draft a WR in the first 2 rounds. Ideally with a top 2nd rounder or higher.

And while what Coconuts says is true (needing blue chip guys), we have 2 extra first rounders in the upcoming years (could very well be high picks too) and we also have huge needs for bodies.

But I'd like to see those bodies come from the second and high third round. Too far after that and you are drafting for depth and special teams.