Not a single Rams player on NFLPI top 50 player sales list

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Russell Wilson tops NFLPI top 50 player sales list

{ Rankings include all products sold by more than 70 licensees online and via traditional outlets, with retail sales exceeding $1 billion during the year. }

WASHINGTON D.C., April 28, 2014
– Super Bowl champion Russell Wilson of the Seattle Seahawks finished the NFL Players Inc. (NFLPI) fiscal year ranked #1 on the Top 50 Player Sales list, based on total overall sales from March 1, 2013, through February 28, 2014. Wilson jumped 18 spots from #19 in FY13 to claim the top position from the Denver Broncos’Peyton Manning, who maintained his retail sales power and is ranked second. NFLPI licensees generated retail sales exceeding $1 billion during the year.

Wilson is joined on the list by his teammates, running back Marshawn Lynch (#7) and cornerback Richard Sherman(#12). Lynch, the only non-quarterback in the top 10, jumped 22 spots from #29. Sherman, a player not in the top 50 even at the start of the fiscal year, made his debut at #12.

Nine of the top 10 players on the list are quarterbacks, including six Super Bowl champions: Wilson (#1), Manning (#2), the Green Bay Packers’ Aaron Rodgers (#5), the New England Patriots’ Tom Brady (#6), the New York Giants’ Eli Manning (#8), and the New Orleans Saints’ Drew Brees (#10). The San Francisco 49ers’ Colin Kaepernick (#3), who jumped 12 spots from #15, the Washington Redskins’ Robert Griffin III (#4), and the Indianapolis Colts’ Andrew Luck(#9) round out the top 10.

The list, released quarterly by NFLPI, the marketing and licensing arm of the NFL Players Association, is based on total overall sales of all licensed products from online and traditional retail outlets as reported by more than 70 NFLPI licensees such as Nike, VF Imagewear, Fanatics, Outerstuff, Fathead, McFarlane Toys, Oyo Sportstoys, Bleacher Creatures, Forever Collectibles and Photo File. Licensed product categories include men’s, women’s and youth game jerseys and t-shirts, player murals, figurines, matted and framed photos, bobbleheads, drinkware, jewelry, electronic device accessories, among others.

Additional highlights:

· Pittsburgh Steelers’ defensive back Troy Polamalu ranks in the top 20 for a third straight year (#2 in FY12, #5 in FY13, #17 in FY14).
· Carolina Panthers linebacker Luke Kuechly made his debut on the list (#50).
· Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt is the highest-ranked defensive player (# 11)
· Green Bay Packers’ Clay Matthews (#14) and the San Francisco 49ers’ Patrick Willis (#16) represent the only linebackers in the top 20.
· Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten is the highest-ranked pass catcher (#15).

NFLPI Top 50 Player Sales Rankings (FY14):

1. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
2. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos
3. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers
4. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins
5. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
6. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
7. Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks
8. Eli Manning, New York Giants
9. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts
10. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
11. J.J. Watt, Houston Texans
12. Richard Sherman, Seattle Seahawks
13. Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings
14. Clay Matthews, Green Bay Packers
15. Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys
16. Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers
17. Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Steelers
18. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
19. Arian Foster, Houston Texans
20. Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions
21. Victor Cruz, New York Giants
22. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys
23. Wes Welker, Denver Broncos
24. Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins
25. LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles
26. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
27. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
28. Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens
29. DeMarcus Ware, Dallas Cowboys
30. Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys
31. Brandon Marshall, Chicago Bears
32. Frank Gore, San Francisco 49ers
33. Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders
34. Austin Miles, Dallas Cowboys
35. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens
36. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears
37. Trent Richardson, Indianapolis Colts
38. Andre Johnson, Houston Texans
39. A.J. Green, Cincinnati Bengals
40. Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs
41. Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints
2. Vernon Davis, San Francisco 49ers
43. Jordy Nelson, Green Bay Packers
44. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons
45. Von Miller, Denver Broncos
46. Eric Decker, Denver Broncos
47. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers
48. Julio Jones, Atlanta Falcons
49. Matt Forte, Chicago Bears
50. Luke Kuechly, Carolina Panthers

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I'll admit it! Haven't bought a jersey since GSOT! Hope the Rams draft an OT first this year so I have the option of him or Quinn for this season!

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Aint that a surprise. Even though we have the best defensive player in football he cant get into the top 50 in terms of popularity.

SC-Ram78

Rookie
Can't believe quinn isn't on the list at all. We all need to buy a mighty quinn jersey lol

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I was driving the other day and saw a personalized license plate on a vehicle that read "Mty Quinn"

It was awesome!!!!!!!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I need a new jersey was thinking Ogletree but Quinn is a contender too:cheers:

SC-Ram78

Rookie
I've already decided that I'm getting an official Quinn jersey. Can't go wrong getting the best player on the teams jersey and he's only 23! He will be around for a long time fellas

SC-Ram78

Rookie
I need a new jersey was thinking Ogletree but Quinn is a contender too:cheers:
I like Ogletree too. He will develop to be a stud LB in this league. But Quinn is the best DE in the league. Gotta show the Mighty Quinn love!

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
I bought my wife an official CL jersey last season. That's her favorite player. So when we watch the games this season we will be the starting DE's lol

That's awesome! If you have kids you gotta get them a Brockers and Langford jersey.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Trent Richardson is on that list? WTH?