Not a big fan of hypotheticals, but...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thordaddy said:
I truly fail to see the logic of the benefit of a loss so we'll change schemes when a victory would indicate the scheme was working and would work.

If we need a change of schemes Fisher knows it far better than any of us, suggesting that he is slow to the party doesn't fly with me,just doesn't .

Man were 1-2 not 1-8 not 1-15 , step away from the panic button please.
This 40yr fan has seen far too much to be stepping on any panic buttons. But on the other hand, I'd really hate to find out a season or more down the road that we have a Chuck Knox situation again, where we aren't able to take the next step because of philosophy. I just hope X is right, and our issues turn out to be the result of execution miscues.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Re: Not a big fan of hypothetics, but...

CGI_Ram said:
I think it's too early to call for heads.

I am not a fan of what we've seen on D and O. But I'm willing to give Fisher the opportunity to adjust.

He needs to do it now, however. IMO.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
I agree with this.

But what I want to see first is the defense become more physical and dominating. It has the talent to be a swarming, suffocating defense that is top 5 in the NFL. Right now they are playing scared and look like they are lost. These are essentially the same players as last year. It really makes no sense. Our defensive line should be dominating right now and closing in on the QB all of the time. Right now it only seems to be Quinn providing that rush. And don't get me started on the DB cushion crap.

I'm not happy with the offensive play calling. I don't understand why they aren't using 5 yard slants for Austin to get him the ball quickly when he is at full speed. They could also put him in motion to let him get a quick release off the line and get into some open space. We all saw what he could do on the punt return if given some space. It just seems like we're not going in that direction. I like T Rich, but it's clear he's not a feature back. We need someone who can break tackles running the ball. I also don't understand why they aren't putting Quick out there more. But overall I am MUCH more disappointed in the defense then the offense.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I want to see our defense perform at last year's level now! Not concerned about the O! Defense's performance has been poor all 3 games and it's killing my mojo!

ramfaninfla

nothin' left to do but SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!
panic no, concerned yes on both sides of the ball. I just want to see passion out there. To me its acceptable to get pissed off and in someone face if your getting your butt(literally) kicked all day long. I want to see players/coaches getting mad and holding themselves and other accountable. Maybe they are and I didn't see it. But, I've been watching them on the sideline after a couple of dropped passes/3 and out/sacks/long drives for td's/long runs ect...I don't care who it is on either side of the ball(we need it on both sides) but who will provide the spark this team needs? When you watch who is the guy you would say.."I want that guy on my team right there" Heart/passion/emotion is all part of it also.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
A victory is never a detriment.

But if the Rams do lose, it will depend on how they lose. Never thought I'd see myself saying that.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I just don't see any way how they don't try and pick up the tempo of the offense. After the Atlanta game I know Fisher said they'll stick with what they were doing and not do the whole no huddle/spread scheme, but then in Dallas they got creamed and couldn't move the ball, and when they did the clock was just bleeding all over the field.

I'll be really surprised if they don't go to a hurry up look a few times early. Maybe not from opening drive to final whistle, but I hope for damn sure we see a little more sense of urgency on offense. I really believe Sam has performed admirably. He could have made some better decisions or taken more chances, but like X has echoed a few times, if the execution by other members of the offense was up to par (i.e. drops/blocking/routes) it wouldn't be as much of an issue.

Defense will have to sort itself out, those guys know how to play and did it at a high level last year, but the offense needs a spark.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Warner4Prez said:
I just don't see any way how they don't try and pick up the tempo of the offense. After the Atlanta game I know Fisher said they'll stick with what they were doing and not do the whole no huddle/spread scheme, but then in Dallas they got creamed and couldn't move the ball, and when they did the clock was just bleeding all over the field.

I'll be really surprised if they don't go to a hurry up look a few times early. Maybe not from opening drive to final whistle, but I hope for damn sure we see a little more sense of urgency on offense. I really believe Sam has performed admirably. He could have made some better decisions or taken more chances, but like X has echoed a few times, if the execution by other members of the offense was up to par (i.e. drops/blocking/routes) it wouldn't be as much of an issue.

Defense will have to sort itself out, those guys know how to play and did it at a high level last year, but the offense needs a spark.

Up tempo would be great out the gate tonight. I'm like you in thinking we don't have to do it all the time but sprinkle it in from time to time to screw the D schemes up a bit.